“"very friendly place"”
Review of Ash Lea Hotel

Ash Lea Hotel
Ranked #225 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I stayed for 1 night with my young granddaughter and we'll defiantly return!!.We came for the lights and wished we'd stayed longer!, Alun welcomed us and was very friendly ,our room( no 4 a twin) was very clean and modern with lovely touches ,a small cooler with bottled water, tea and coffee facilities and biscuits ,toiletries in the bathroom with flannels and a modern shower , the beds were very comfortable. There is a bar and drinks prices were good.
,We had a freshly cooked breakfast and Alun even made a rose from a tomato for my granddaughter!!,this hotel is the nicest I've stayed in in Blackpool and I recommend it for its cleanliness and location( a short walk to north shore railway station) it deservers its 4 * status.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 September 2011

This hotel is just what you need when your stopping in Blackpool, Clean, Modern, and above all the owners are so helpful and very welcoming. I wouldnt hesitate to return, or recommend to friends and family...Keep up the great service :0)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Clean and comfortable room but very small. Picked this hotel for it's 4 star rating but definitely not 4 star more like 2/3.
Tv did not work and was very small , told owner but not really interests.......I had to plug kettle in under dressing table ...... Cheap toilet roll bits of fluff all over floor ......breakfast was most disappointing bacon undercooked, mushrooms out if a tin , hard toast it looked nice but didn't taste nice .

Would not stay again I was expecting a nice 4 star hotel very dissapointed ....... :( just little touches would make all the difference...... Like fresh cooked food ....

• Stayed: August 2011
blackpool2, Owner at Ash Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Many thanks for posting your review on Tripadvisor. Under normal circumstances we treat all GENUINE complaints seriously so that we may improve our Hotel and the service we offer. In this case your review and your behaviour during your stay speaks for itself and we therefore feel no further action or words are necessary. The only thing you are absolutely right about is that you definitely will not be returning.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Myself and my family have stopped here on many occasions. I will carry on stopping here. The hotel is spotless, The rooms are lovely, not long redecorated. The owners make you feel so welcome, which in Blackpool is exactly what you want.
I would recommend this hotel again and again...and I do! A few of our friends have stopped here too!!

Reviewed 5 May 2011

What a fabulous little hotel. Lovely room, nice decor and very clean. Very weloming, helpful and friendly. I only stayed for one night, but would have loved to have stayed longer. If I'm in the area again I'd definately like to stay at at The Ash Lea.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

Very clean, conveniently located, nicely appointed hotel. But what stands out is the friendliness of service from the owners. Where there are so many hotels to choose from in blackpool this is really important. Recommend and would stay again.

Reviewed 26 April 2011

enjoyed our stay there,very clean,extra touches were superb(dressing gowns provided),
near to blackpool north station,ideal location,close to all amenities. breakfast good,
owners made us feel very welcome.will stay there again if we visit blackpool again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple