“Now known as Sambuca”

Paparazzi
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to probaly the best family owned Italian restaurant & take away in Blackpool specializing in modern & traditional Italian, English & International food. We are located on the same road as the world famous FUNNY GIRLS. We are perfect place for birthday, holiday parties, small wedding receptions and rehearsal dinners, friendly gatherings and family reunions. Our facilities can accommodate groups from 2 to 100 persons so plan ahead for your next special occasion and bring your family home to ours! When you are here you are part of the family.
Reviewed 19 October 2013

A bit of a chequered existence, due to circumstances, Diego was forced to move upstairs for a while; but things didn't work out. Paparazzi was the old name, and now the new name is Sambuca, and the restaurant has moved back downstairs.

Still excellent value for money; they do take-aways as well as sit-downs. If you're ever up the North End of Blackpool and stuck for somewhere to dine, give Sambuca's a chance! You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank GlobbyWakefield

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I dinned here on 28th June 2013 (a Friday evening) . The restaurant itself was recommended to me by the couple that ran the guest house I stayed at. They had actually ate there 2 days previously. As it was only a short walk from accommodation I was happy to go there for dinner after a long journey. I was advised that it had just opened and didn’t have any permanent signage as yet but it was upstairs. Only the way upstairs it feels like you’ve perhaps taken a wrong turn but keep going. Once at the restaurant I was greeted by a young waiter that showed us to by table by saying sit wherever you like. As it was lovely evening we deceived to sit next to the window. We noticed that we were only the people dinning there, there was a chap sitting up back on a lap top with a young child and we realised -after ordering -he was our chef. And the music came by way of a commercial radio station
My starter was fine (you can’t really go wrong with mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. My partner had bruschetta which, again for nice as it should be from an Italian restaurant. There didn’t appear to me a dressing on so I asked for some balsamic and the waiter returned with a caddy containing two very dirty looking near empty bottles. Our salt and pepper mills were half full and very grubby with a greasy filmy quality to them. When I looked round I saw each that it was the same on each table. For a new restaurant that was empty on a Friday evening it just didn’t add up. My partner asked the waiter for a clean side plate as hers was quite dirty; this was met by a sarcastic comment.

The chef came to me queried my choice of pizza toppings it was (black olives, chilli and pineapple). My partner ordered a dish which was chicken wrapped in ham and a rich tomato sauce (can’t remember the name).
When my pizza came it was on a dinner plate (very difficult to cut as it kept moving around the plate), the olives were green. My partners chicken was wrapped in ham. The cold packet ham you would put on your sandwiches. Our drinks were finished and we were offered more (the waiter was too busy trying to fix his fringe in the mirror)

Whilst cutting and trying to keep my pizza on the (too small) plate, I noticed the hair. Yuk.
When the waiter apologised and said to the chef, then he came back after 10 mins and asked if I wanted a drink to say sorry my partner said she would have one too and he said he didn’t mean her but he’d get her one anyway! Just as that another couple came in and asked what kind of wine they have and waiter said (lol) I think you’ll find it all written down on the back of the menu!
Back at the guest house we just said we had went there but didn’t go into detail. Then they said that they used to be called Paparazzi and be downstairs but have moved up stairs due to not making any money! Its now called Sambuca . Well here is a good way to start obtaining repeat customers- Show guests to tables, clean the table ware, clean the tables, listen out for key things like, wear hairnets, quit the sarcasm and again clean, clean and clean your tables, chairs, cutlery and table wear.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

After eating here three times before when visiting blackpool we were looking forward to our meal there again. in the past it's been excellent value for money and a lovely meal. However this visit was a real let down. We ordered a garlic bread to start which appeared to be child size, my pepperoni sandwhich was burnt and tasteless and my partners spicy chicken wings were grey, dry and the only spice was the odd chilli seed that had been thrown on the skin. I had mushroom stroganoff but it was somehow overpowered by a strong taste of vinegar which made it inedible. The pizzas were fine if not a bit small. My son ordered HOT chocolate fudge cake which would have been fine had it been warm, and the only other options were crumble or ice- cream ( the ice- cream was the best bit of the meal, however presentation was poor). Beer was only carlsberg which was poured out of a can right in front of us and was quite pricey. The restaurant is much smaller and is now upstairs. It seems to have new owners - the standard of food has really dropped and while the 3 courses for £9.95 was still available I really wouldn't recommend it now to anyone and will definitely not be returning.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Although very quiet in February the food was brill and reasonably priced. All made as you waited and no scrimping on portion sizes either!!

Reviewed 13 January 2013

The restaurant is a few minutes walk from the King Edward hotel and the food was quickly served and plentiful, There was no sense of urgency and we could all enjoy our meal with a glass of vino. reasonably priced we would happily go back there