“Fabulous stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Berkswell Apartments
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have really enjoyed our stay, the apartment was exactly as described. We have been made very welcome, the apartment is within easy reach of all of the places to be in Blackpool. Would defiantly recommend it and would come again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hawthornHawthorn
shem56, Owner at Berkswell Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you Karen for your very speedy review. We will be very happy to see you again some time in the future. Kind regards Sheila and Jim

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Myself and three friends stayed in Aprtment 4 at the weekend. We were Greeted by Sheila and Jim who were lovely anf friendly and made us feel right at home. Sheila had kindly got us bagels, jams, orange juice and Philedelphia for our breakfast the following morning which was such a lovely gesture. The apartment was beautifully decorated and everything looked brand new and clean. The beds were also very comfortable. I would highly reccommend it. Thankyou Sheila and Jim for making us feel completely at home. Hope to see you again soon.

Rachel, Cheryl, Leigh & Emma.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you Cheryl and ladies for your review. We are very pleased that you were happy with our accommodation. We will look forward to seeing you again some time in the future. Kind regards Sheila and Jim.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We were greeted by sheila and jim who were very helpful and accommodating. We stayed in flat 3 which is just right for the three of us. Our 6-yr old liked the room very much which is a good thing as she says exactly as she thinks! The room is well decorated. The room has a good-sized flat screen tv. Kitchen is well-equipped. The toilet/shower is spotless with wall-heater so you'll never come out of the shower shivering! The heating is centralised and no need to put pop coins in unlike some with meters! The apartment is just literally a stone throw away from the sandcastle waterpark and pleasure beach. You can buy a family ticket on the tram which is £9 and you can use it all day long as much as you like. I think it takes you to all piers but we only went to the tower and back. Sheila and jim are very helpful. I broke two of their plates and they didn't charge me for them! Will definitely stay with them again next year when we come back for our annual easter family break.

• Stayed: April 2014
shem56, Owner at Berkswell Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for your speedy review and your positive feedback. We are so happy that you found our apartments and location to your satisfaction. We will look forward to seeing you all again next Easter.
PS The Family Travel Pass will take you as far as Cleveleys and Fleetwood and of course, the 3 piers.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for a week best place in blackpool we have ever stayed in friendly lovely people we had a lovely stay we stayed in apartment five on the top floor it was a very nice apartment clean spacious modern we will definitely be staying here again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
shem56, Owner at Berkswell Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Thank you Hayley for taking the time to write us a lovely review. We are delighted you had a good time in our accommodation and look forward to seeing you again some time in the future. Best wishes Sheila and Jim

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We had to travel up to Lancashire so stayed again at Berkswell Apartments. Even though it was in February, definitely off-season the apartments and welcome were still first-class. We stayed in flat 5 for 4 nights. It is like home from home, comfortable and stylish. James and Sheila were also working hard updating the other apartments to make them ready for the season coming. We'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014

A fantastic long weekend in blackpool, penthouse apartment 5 was warm, cosy, modern, spacious and better than any hotel room, with a tv in both the lounge and bedroom. Jim and Sheila couldn't have been more welcoming. I would thoroughly recommend anyone to stay here. I'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OlliesMumUK
shem56, Owner at Berkswell Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review of your stay in Apartment 5. We are delighted you found our facilities and apartment to your liking. Looking forward to seeing you again some time in the future maybe when it stops raining! Sheila and Jim

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Jim and Sheila's for 6 weeks in flat 5, the penthouse flat, and all I can say is seldom will you find a kinder, and more accommodating couple than Jim and Sheila, and a better value apartment in Blackpool!
I had previously had a bad experience in Blackpool and really was not looking forward to going back, but staying at the Berkswell Apartments changed my preconceptions of Blackpool accommodation into a very positive one, undoubtedly!
The flat is large, modern and comfortable, with all the amenities you would want and then some, clean and well stocked. A very good rate on the electric meter (unlike my last guesthouse in the city) and a lot of storage space helped me see good value for the very reasonable rate that I was charged. It's right next to the pleasure beach, far away from the stags and hens further up the promenade, so quiet, in a predominantly family aimed street of other first houses. It's a short trip into the centre on the tram, the stop of which is a 2 minute walk away from the house, as is the promenade.
I was staying for six weeks for work at the Grand Theatre and all I can say is I'm a fairly private person and never once did I feel intruded upon, chased or anything negative that some landlords can be like, I felt so welcome and at home everyday, and I genuinely have made a couple of new friends. I also now have a place, if I ever I go back to Blackpool, that will always be my first option and I would recommend them to anyone, and I will! Thanks Jim and Sheila!
Tristan