“traditional English food”

Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Established as one of the oldest fish and chip shops in Blackpool, we are proud to be known as The Best Chippy in Blackpool! We serve delicious haddock and cod and have daily specials. We welcome families and large groups as we have seating for 126 people. Take away also available
Reviewed 25 April 2014

as promised my tribute to Yorkshire fisheries my wife and I went there Easter Saturday I had the cod my wife the haddock both cooked fresh and served with chips mush peas bread and butter and of course a mug of tea,the food was lovely the restaurant very busy and very clean the staff were very friendly and very attentive, your not kept waiting or forgotten about, I said I would write this piece so along with everyone else we can tell other people where to find the best chippy in blackpool well done Yorkshire fisheries 10/10 cheers keith

Maria M, Owner at Yorkshire Fisheries, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you Keith for writing the review you promised. It was lovely to read and I was in the shop when I received it so read it to all the staff. We appreciate all positive comments and we are so glad that you have no qualms in recommending us. Hope you visit again soon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,622)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Alway visit for excellent fish n chips when we are in Blackpool.They are best but just wished they were open on a Sunday.

Maria M, Owner at Yorkshire Fisheries, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. But don't worry, as of 29th June, we shall be opening Sundays from 12-6pm. We shall continue with Sunday hours until the illuminations finish. So we shall hopefully see you then!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I grew up in Blackpool but moved away years ago, so when visiting family I had to pop in for some fish and chips. This is place is still by far the best fish and chip shop in Blackpool. The place is always so busy that you are always guaranteed freshly cooked food.

Not only is the food excellent quality but it's reasonably priced and service always really friendly. Always very clean inside too. Tables are cleaned very regularly. I would not hesitate in recommending this place to anyone.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you still found us as good as you remember. Our aim is to maintain the standard and reputation that Yorkshire fisheries has always had. We look forward to serving you again when you next visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Went here this evening for sit in. Food was absolutely lovely. Fish a good size and chicken very moist. Chips tasted great. The waitress was very nice, service was very quick and the chocolate eggs for our toddler was a nice touch. We hope to be back soon.

Maria M, Owner at Yorkshire Fisheries, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad that you enjoyed both the meal and service you received and I hope your little one enjoyed the chocolate eggs. Hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Looks like a small takeaway from the outside. As you enter there are quite a number of seats inside to enjoy a sit down dinner.
Amazing service especially by the very glamorous owner :-)
We especially enjoyed the homemade salmon fishcakes made with fresh herbs.
Batter on the fish is coated and fried to perfection.... revealing a delicious flaky fish in the middle.
A gem of a find :-)

Thank you Roaxanna for your great review. It was lovely to serve you and all your family again. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your day in Blackpool and we hope to see you all again soon. All the best, Maria