“Service with a smile!”

Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Established as one of the oldest fish and chip shops in Blackpool, we are proud to be known as The Best Chippy in Blackpool! We serve delicious haddock and cod and have daily specials. We welcome families and large groups as we have seating for 126 people. Take away also available
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Since finding this fabulous restaurant we try to visit it at least once when we are in Blackpool! We've managed twice on this stay. The food is cooked beautifully we've had the cod special each time and not been disappointed it consists of fish chips peas tea or coffee and bread and butter and totals £7.50 very good value! The saying "service with a smile" is shown in abundance here! We will definitely be back on our next Blackpool trip!

Maria M, Owner at Yorkshire Fisheries, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Thank you for visiting us every time you stay in Blackpool. I appreciate you taking the time to put your review on Trip Advisor and I thank you for your lovely comments.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,792)

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Visited Saturday 16th September, Been lots of times, in the past. This time we ordered 2 cod specials. Comprising Fish, Chips and Peas, Slice of bread and a cup of tea @ £7.50 each. Tea came virtually immediately, half an hour wait until the meal arrived. The chips were very good, as were the peas. The fish though, batter tasted very over-cooked and tasteless. When you compare the next best chip shop on Trip Advisor, a no winner. Far cheaper and better quality fish.

1  Thank sallyentwistle1973
Maria M, Owner at Yorkshire Fisheries, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

I am very sorry to read of your disappointment at having to wait on Saturday when you visited, although I assume you came when we were very busy. I'm not sure if you also had to wait to be seated as the restaurant filled up numerous times that day. In instances like that, because we cook every meal to order, there will inevitably be a delay in the arrival of your meal. I apologise for not offering you another hot drink once your meals arrived. As regards the quality of our fish, we have not skimped on quality since the last review you wrote, nor have we changed the batter recipe, so I was quite surprised to read that you thought the batter tasteless. Although we are not the cheapest chip shop in town, I do not feel we over charge for the quality of fish and potato which we source.
It's great to read that there are now two chip shops in the top 10 of Trip Advisor and that you frequent us both. I hope that your visit to us was not the last, as we value all our customers. Should you return, please make your self known to me so that I can chat to you in person about your review.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Had fish and chips which tasted delicious and generous amount.Friendly and helpful staff.Regular visitor to Blackpool and will be back for more.

Maria M, Owner at Yorkshire Fisheries, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. i am glad to read that you will return because you enjoyed it so much. We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely friendly welcome. Fantastic fish and chips with great service. Don't underestimate the portion sizes. It's not called Yorkshire fisheries for nothing. The king size cod and chips is a massive portion and not for the faint hearted. But the quality is even better than the quantity. Beautiful cod in a good batter.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and I am glad you enjoyed our king size portion!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Came to Blackpool on holiday came here for lunch on Wednesday. Best fish and chips I've tasted, generous portions too, will be coming back here for lunch again. Definitely the best chippy in Blackpool, worth the walk from the sea front.

Thank you very much for visiting us whilst on holiday. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review and look forward to serving you again when you return.