“Perfect Place To Stay For a Short Trip To Blackpool”
Review of Oak Lea Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blackpool
Oak Lea Hotel
Ranked #46 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Skegness, United Kingdom
“Perfect Place To Stay For a Short Trip To Blackpool”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed here as part of a group of people with Learning Disabilities. I am the volunteer driver. We were booked into this hotel on a one night stay basis with evening meal and breakfast before travelling on to Manchester to visit the Coronation Street Tour attraction.

We were greeted by a very friendly man, John, who I presumed to be the Hotel Manger or Owner. We were given our room keys and a menu for the evening meal in which we were asked to write down what we all wanted for our evening meal. I thought this was a good idea, as it clearly saved a lot of time.

The hotel is very clean and tidy and well presented, but please be aware there are steps up to the main entrance with no obvious signs of a ramp, so anyone with mobility problems might find this a bit of an issue. My room was located at the front of the hotel and was very large and spacious, and very clean and tidy with a comfortable bed. The shower and toilet room was somewhat on the small side, but I had no problems with this as I was only there for the one night.

Unfortunately, being right at the front of the hotel, there was a lot of noise which went onto to the very early hours of the morning from party-goers and revellers, which was not helped by them dropping their fast food left overs on the pavement and in the street which attracted large flocks of very noisy seagulls, but the Hotel Management cannot be held responsible for the actions of people outside their establishment.

There is no parking outside, but if you are a Blue Badge Holder, you might be lucky enough to find a space. I managed to park our mini bus right outside the main entrance. The Hotel is very convieniently located for all of the main local attractions and only a short walk down to the main promenade.

The evening meal was very good, and breakfast is Buffet-Style so you can help yourself to as much as you want, although tea and coffee is served by the dining room staff, and you do have to make your own toast.

All in all a very pleasant place and I would have no hesitation in staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for rooms at the rear of the hotel because the noise outside the front of the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
oakleahotel, Owner at Oak Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hi.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

I am so pleased with all your positive comments, such
as very clean, comfortable bed, you enjoyed the food on offer etc.
It really is good to know.

I can agree, this is a very busy street, and as you stayed on a
Friday night, you did get the weekend noise. But it does tend to be
quieter mid week!

I must point out, that we do have a second entrance (located to
the left of the Hotels front) which does have a level ramped entrance.
This is used by our many guests with mobility problems.

I really hope we see your group again, hopefully for a little longer too!

Thanks for staying with us, it is appreciated.

Kind regards from us all at the Oak Lea Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
County Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just like to thank John, Andrew and staff for an excellent 4 day stay, as always.
Everywhere clean and tidy great breakfast,.Would recommend this hotel without hesitation.Long may it continue great entertainment cant wait to get back in October .

Stayed July 2014,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank brian2144
oakleahotel, Owner at Oak Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
HELLO!!

Wow! I can't say thank you enough for your review.
It really is appreciated, certainly gives us that 'feel good factor'!

Long may it continue, that we get such nice people staying here!

Thanks again, and look forward to your return in October.

Best wishes, from us all at the Oak Lea Hotel
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

As part of an Urquhart tour we stayed here for a weekend, all 4 generations of us! So great grand parents, grandparents, parents and kids. Our rooms were ideal, clean with beds made/ bins emptied on a daily basis.

Food at both breakfast and evening meal were excellent. Bars well stocked and good entertainment provided too. Staff friendly and helpful.

Great location hotel, literally a few minutes walk from Blackpool Tower.

Only moan for us was that we had bring our own travel cot as the hotel don't supply them. Although they do have high chairs.

Overall great hotel, hassle free stay and we would definitely stay here again :))

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank michelle m
oakleahotel, Owner at Oak Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
HELLO!!

Thank you so much for your review.

I am so pleased you had a good weekend with us.
We really appreciate your great comments on food, entertainment,
staff etc.

Hope we have the pleasure of seeing you all again!

Many thanks from us all at the Oak Lea Hotel!
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have just returned from 4 days at the OakLea We did not find the staff at all welcoming and on one occasion one of the cleaners was very rude when i was trying to use the lift. oh dear the rooms are quite small but the real problem in the rooms was the fact that the toilet is only a matter of about 6/8 inches from the shelf at the front of the shower cubicle so really it was a case of having to sit sideways with feet out door. The towels were quite thin but everything was clean The bed was never made in the 3 mornings we were there!
I asked for an extra pillow and was told i would get one if he could find one. When I asked about decaff coffee I was told the hotel did not do decaff but that the coop was just round the corner and I could buy a jar there
The hotel was definitely very clean and the food was excellent Just a shame that an ufriendly host and a few little things spoiled it a bit for my friend and I

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sheila P
oakleahotel, Owner at Oak Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Hi.

Thanks for your review.

I am very pleased you thought the Hotel was very clean,
and the food excellent. Both are very important in a Hotel,
we do try to have happy guests!

However I am sorry at to learn you thought our staff not
welcoming. It is something we usually get really good comments on.

I can agree that a couple of our single rooms aren't large,
But this is why we charge NO supplements on these, ever.
Which I am sure you appreciate is great value. The vast majority
of single guests do comment on this as a good thing.
We do have double/twin rooms which can be booked with a
small supplement for single occupancy.

I hope you do decide to stay with us again, but if not,
thanks for staying with us.
Derby
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have stayed at The Oak Lea for many many years and I should have left a review by now so here goes.

Staying at The Oak Lea means only a short walk to town or The Winter Gardens where I attend an annual magicians convention each year. The staff at the hotel are always friendly and have a nice friendly and warm welcome for you. The breakfast is a self service buffet type and suits me fine.

The rooms are perfectly adequate and warm. A very good and cheap safe parking area is not too far away located above Wilcos.

I am very satisfied with the hotel, management and staff and have no hesitation to keep booking year upon year to stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are great as there is a lift to all floors.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stuart B

THANK YOU!

What a lovely review.
We do appreciate you taking the time.

It is a nice weekend, the Magicians, we always enjoy it too!
Love seeing the tricks so close up!

But thanks again for staying with us, and to keep returning,
it is so important to us that guests do return.

Best wishes, and regards from us all at the Oak Lea Hotel
Nelson, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Everywhere clean and tidy,tip top breakfast, only needed a small snack at lunch time.
Would recommend this hotel without hesitation.Long may it continue.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kennysue1945
HELLO Guys!!

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

There is little I can say apart from, we intend
it to continue for a long while yet!!

Look forward to seeing you again.

Best wishes from us all at the Oak Lea Hotel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have stayed here twice for the Blackpool Dance festival due to it's proximity to Winter Gardens (two short blocks to the back entrance) and was very happy both times. The rooms are small and the linens thin, but they were clean and the price and service was outstanding. This is not the place to stay if you want large rooms with plush towels and a full service hotel, but the great price included a full English breakfast. The bar was open for drinks from noon until past midnight. Everything we asked for was delivered promptly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 19dancer
HELLO!!

Thank you so much for your review.

Delighted you have stayed before, and would return.
Very pleased to learn you find the price and service outstsnding,
and you think the rooms are clean!

Hope to see you again.
Thank you from all at the Oak Lea Hotel.