“Good service good food good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mermaid Cafe

Mermaid Cafe
Ranked #14 of 43 Coffee & Tea in Blackpool
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Good service good food good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Sat down after ordering, and was pleasantly surprised at the speed of the arrival of the food, which was of excellent standard and excellent value. Nice and friendly and polite staff. Well worth a visit

• Visited October 2013

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Have used the Mermaid in the past for many years and always been satisfied. Went in end Oct 13. Ordered the Surf & Turf.....well got to say was the best one I have had..............staff accomodating. Children had a mini roast, meat was lovely.

• Visited October 2013
Egham, United Kingdom
“Perfect, just what we wanted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Having visited Blackpool for several years we were looking for a decent cafe for breakfast having travelled up from Heathrow and it being 7.30am, as this was just round the corner from where we were booked to stay we decided to give it a try (Just down from Central Pier). I was very happy with my meal and the service, we have tried several places int he past and I could not say that any had given a good breakfast, but this one did. My husband had the bad boy breakfast, I had the special and my teenagers has bacon and a sausage and bacon roll (these were massive!) We all had a hot drink each, and were all set up for the day and at just under £16.00 for the whole meal and drinks I was very happy. I can honestly say that this was one of the best breakfasts I had eaten in Blackpool.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Veronica H
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Acceptable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Polite service and the cafe was very clean.
I ordered a coffee and a giant eclair. The coffee was average, to be expected for 95p. However the eclair was dry and hard, not what i expected for the price of £1.95.
However apart from the poor cake, this cafe was exactly what you would want to find if you were looking for a quick coffee.
Outside seating aswell, added bonus

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Teresa L
Howden, United Kingdom
“Rubbish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Went in on wednesday, me n the wife had steak pie chips n beans, i had 1 piece of meat n my wife had 2 n it was soggy. My daughter wanted some Blackpool rock cake but you can only buy a full one, very disappointed

• Visited July 2013