“What Happened?”

Waverley Cafe
Ranked #372 of 738 Restaurants in Blackpool
“What Happened?”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We visit this place every year when we visit Blackpool and have done so for about 4 years now. We were tempted in by the delicious plethora of cakes on display outside. Up until now the food has always been pretty good until I tried their 'Fleetwood Fish & Chips' - All I can say is 'Where was the fish?'. If you take a children's portion and cut it in half, 4 mouthfuls and it was gone - not good for £8. Such a shame as it looks like they are aiming at 'One time only' visitors to Blackpool', make money and never see them again.

Visited October 2013

Salford, United Kingdom
“One of the better options!”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

My family ate here during a day trip to Blackpool. The whole cafe is immaculately clean - including the spotless outdoor toilet out at the back! We didn't wait too long for our food, and when it arrived, we all thought our portions looked tiny. However, it was truly deceptive as we all felt full after eating. The quality of the food was very good and cooked perfectly. There was quite a large step up to get in so not perfect for wheelchair users, but, once inside, everywhere was flat and smooth. A good option if you're looking for quality rather than cheap.

“great roasts”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have always found that eating a roast in a restaurant/café/pub is never the same as a home cooked meal - until I visited the Waverley!
I had lamb and mint sauce, and enjoyed it so much that I went again a few days, and I shall be going every week from now on.
home cooked food just like my nana used to make, with friendly, fast service. very cheap too at £5 for a roast.

staffordshire
“Absolutely disgusting”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Thought this place looked ok from the outside. Once settled inside and placing order the staff were certainly not thinking about customer service. The food ordered was absolutely disgusting staff were not bothered by complaints and disregarded the m. Never would I set foot in this place again.... Avoid at all costs

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely cake!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Saw the wonderfull cakes as i walked past, and had to stop. Had a delicious strawberry pavlova with extra fresh strawberrys and ice-cream for £3.95. My son had a giant chocolate eclair which wasnt so good, but they had lots of other gateau's that looked lovely. Staff were fine, not rude or ignorant like other reviews say. Would definately go again.

Visited August 2013