“Crap service”
Review of Waverley Cafe

Waverley Cafe
Ranked #363 of 769 Restaurants in Blackpool
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were looking for somewhere to sit as a family (2 girls aged 4 and 2) for Icecream and pasted this place. Sat down and went to order Icecream. The girl clearly saw me get up to get the icecreams and instead of telling me she went to my wife and said we couldn't sit there for Icecream. Therefore I had icecreams 2 young girls to deal with obviously a disaster. More to the point what poor customer service, no one sat down so not as if waiting for tables and worst of it stood there laughing at us. Happy to take my Icecream money tho.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I had spotted the display cabinet of deliciuos looking cakes outside when we were in blackpool 2 yrs ago but could nvr seem to get the place open when going down for walks, so i vowed this time i would get some cake !!!! There didnt seem to be set opening times went down 4 days at different times then on our last day noticed it was opened!! Big sign up saying giant eclairs were £2 so thought cake cant be much more expensive ??!!??!! Chose a chocolate gateaux the lady put a reasonable sized slice in a polystyrene box told us to leave it for while as was in a chill !! When i asked how much i nearly bloody choaked ........£4.95 jeeso i could buy a whole gateaux for that!!?? But i was on my holidays an i was treatin myself x x so i left it for about 40 minutes to come to room temperature then opened the box to begin my treat !!!! Bowfin!!!! it was gross !!!! The one side was all hard and stale where it had been sitting already cut at one side ! It was so off putting and of course they had put that side face down so i couldnt see!!!! I never ate very much of it then threw it in the bin !! What a waste of a fiver !!!!

1  Thank wallis1310
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Visited this cafe on 29th March 2014 whilst in Blackpool for the weekend, what a mistake!
We ordered 2 cheeseburger meals with 1 coffee and 1 tea and had to pay straight away. When our drinks arrived they tasted like dishwater, the coffee was just like milky water and the tea hadn't even seen a teabag, so as you can imagine we weren't exactly expecting much from the food...and we were right.
The food was utterly shocking, the chips were just deep fried cheap frozen chips and the burgers just tasted like cheap supermarket value branded rubbish that were flavourless, bland and as thin as pancakes, we only had a couple of mouthfulls, looked at each other and just thought 'let's just get out of here.' We just got up and left the food and walked out.
All round it was a truely terrible experience, the worst meal we've ever had and it cost us £11.60. This has to be the worst cafe in Blackpool and as the title says avoid like the plague!

3  Thank DavidandAngelaBury
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We visit this place every year when we visit Blackpool and have done so for about 4 years now. We were tempted in by the delicious plethora of cakes on display outside. Up until now the food has always been pretty good until I tried their 'Fleetwood Fish & Chips' - All I can say is 'Where was the fish?'. If you take a children's portion and cut it in half, 4 mouthfuls and it was gone - not good for £8. Such a shame as it looks like they are aiming at 'One time only' visitors to Blackpool', make money and never see them again.

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

My family ate here during a day trip to Blackpool. The whole cafe is immaculately clean - including the spotless outdoor toilet out at the back! We didn't wait too long for our food, and when it arrived, we all thought our portions looked tiny. However, it was truly deceptive as we all felt full after eating. The quality of the food was very good and cooked perfectly. There was quite a large step up to get in so not perfect for wheelchair users, but, once inside, everywhere was flat and smooth. A good option if you're looking for quality rather than cheap.