“Fantastic, friendly guesthouse.”
Review of Cliff Head Hotel

Cliff Head Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cliff Head Hotel
Ranked #645 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic, friendly guesthouse.”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I've just returned from a lovely stay at this fantastic, friendly guesthouse. We had a quiet, spacious room overlooking Blackpool seafront, it was a perfect spot to take in the Illuminations. The room was very clean, the bed was big and comfy, and the bathroom was perfect. We were made very welcome and enjoyed a tasty breakfast. There is plenty of parking for guests and the tram stop is yards away. Overall it was a great stay, in a perfect location and we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Room 1 overlooks the seafront, it has lovely views and is really quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa F

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

A nice airy room, good level of amenities in the room, the extraction in the wc is noisy tho. The bed was huge and comfy. The whole place was very clean. Nice sea view too. Tram and bus rite outside the door. Off road car park. Good hearty break fast and family atmosphere.. nice relaxing stay, I don't feel ripped off at £30 each.

• Stayed August 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This Family run hotel is in an ideal location with great views of the Irish Sea and it would be the best location in the Blackpool area if you were visiting the Illuminations. Access to Blackpool, Fleetwood or Cleveleys is simple as the Tram Stop is just across the road.

We spent 2 nights in the hotel this month with our young grandchildren (4 and 5 years). The welcome by Linda the owner was fabulous, and we were immediately made to feel at home.
The hotel is absolutely spotless and I would defy any of those people who appear on "Four in a Bed" to find a speck of dust anywhere !!! All rooms are En Suite and the Family Room we occupied was very spacious and had Tea and Coffee making facilities, a Hair Dryer, Television with DVD Player and even and Iron and Ironing Board - You want for nothing.

Linda and her Family are so friendly and you almost feel as if you are one of the family.

The Breakfasts are excellent and freshly cooked using locally sourced foods.

I have stayed in a number of hotels in Blackpool in the past and unfortunately the standard has been very low. The Cliff Head really raises the bar and yet is very reasonably priced.

No matter how highly I praise the hotel and the owners, I do not think my words completely portray how excellent the Cliff Head really is. We will not hesitate to return here and would recommend it in the highest possible terms. If any one would have any doubts about staying here, please contact me and I am sure I would dispel any fears or uncertainties. This is a First Class Hotel and the only thing wrong with it was.... we had to leave to come home !!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Noel W
Hampshire
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I visited The Cliff Head Hotel with a friend for the weekend. When I arrived home, I felt that I had to write this review to let others know about my positive experience at this warm, welcoming, homely hotel.
We were going to meet up with an old friend to celebrate a big achievement in his life. For me, it was very important that I went. We had travelled from Hampshire, on an incredibly hot day, including petrol/drink stops, a lunch stop and general Friday traffic, all in all, the journey took us around seven hours.
Reaching The Cliff Head Hotel at the end of that long, hot drive was a very nice, welcoming relief. Staff were really friendly and more than happy to help. The room that we had was very acceptable indeed. I was lucky enough to have the double bed. Walking back to the hotel when we were extremely exhausted and quite chilly, was a pleasure as there was that bed at the end. This is the main reason why I wanted to write this review. The bed was amazing! It was devilishly soft and comfortable. I slept very well and didn't want to get out of it! I actually considered taking it home, which I know is ridiculous but that was just how good it was!
If I visit Blackpool again, I shall definitely book the Cliff Head Hotel and get back into that bed!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends