“More than we expected” 5 of 5 bubbles

Number One South Beach
Ranked #45 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“More than we expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Don't hesitate to spend the extra money on this hotel. We did and were not disappointed. From the time we walked in the door all the way up to and into our room we were extremely impressed. The decorations were lovely, the paintings and all the artwork were top notch. The staff were nice, friendly and helpful. It was an amazing place.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jean M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Armagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and could not have made a better choice in hotel option. The owner and his wife are so lovely the made the stay as well as the surrounding in which they run their business which really is the hight of luxury.
The were the perfect hosts and give suggestion on what to do when in Blackpool.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2, which was finished as all the hotel to very high standards.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John_M186474
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

This was booked through work for me and I was not disappointed!

The room I had was amazing, more like a junior suite, amazing big bed, lovely big bathroom with an amzing sunken bath with whilpool facility and a full size glass shower cubicle with rain head, mmm beautful.

Mood lighting, full lighting bed side lighting, you choose, tv in the room, tv in the bathroom, no problems!

Attention to detail is very high here and I was very impressed with the little things like a box in the wardrobe with items you may have forgotten like pins and shoe shin, all complimentary, one in the bathroom for bath salts and cotton wool buds.

Breakfast was beuatiful, cooked at a time you agree to the night before, toast orange juice, fruit yoghurts etc, the cooked breakfast was so perfect, no fat nor dripping in oil, credit to the chef and his culinary skills.

Only down side, the hot in the common areas is so hot!! They know and they do say its due to it being a new build which is fine but still PHEW!

I cannot wait to stay again and try a different room, 14 to go!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
barnsley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

Booked this hotel after googling 'luxurious hotels blackpool' and despite it appearing as an oxymoron to a lot of people the first one to pop up was this hotel and not at all disappointed!

When we arrived we did a little double take as it does not look much from the outside but when you get in the interior is delightful! We were met by a very enthusiastic young man who stated 'his Dad and business partner' run the premises- he was very chatty friendly, took us to our room and showed us how to use everything! I was so impressed with Room 3 - Indulge. Beautifully decorated to a very high standard (MUCH better than a recent stay in a Suite at the Hilton in London) and the only negative was that we were only staying for one night!

It was great to be in a hotel that thought about the environment, who proudly wrote down all their suppliers and offered and individual breakfast menu. I just wish I could have eaten in the restaurant but it was closed as it was a Sunday evening.

We went to a restaurant called Henrys Grill in nearby lytham on the recommendation of the lad who checked us in and that was really fabulous food. After that we had a shower in the lovely spacious shower and snuggled down to watch a DVD from the hotels free DVD library!

the breakfast the next morning was lovely and overall a fabulous experience ! I will certainly be staying here again when I next visit my brother and will see if we can check out all the rooms!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rainfromthesky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel last November, this hotel is outstanding and luxurious , I was on business for 3 nights and was on my own well, the TV in the Jacuzzi bath was my company for the duration , apart from food and drink. the Trust policy is a really added value -although I did not use it for drinks, personal service from staff outstanding
If I ever stay in Blackpool again this will be the only place I would stay at. Class!!!
Spicerhaart Consultant

Room Tip: You have to try this place, every room is unique
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012 via mobile

Good points:
We were able to check in early.
Parking wasn't an issue.
At the quieter, nicer end of BP
Sumptuous, comfy bed!
Spotlessly clean
Friendly staff (especially young lad on duty Sunday night 10/10!)

Bad (ish) points:
Bedside light didnt work - not a big deal, but the young lad who checked us in and then demonstrated the lighting system saw this during his demo and did nothing - I then reported it to him later as we popped out.... Sadly (& I willed this not to be the case) it still didn't work on our return a few ours after :-( (5*?). To be fair when I let the lady know as I checked out, she was mortified and I'm sure it would have been a different story had she of been about when we reported it.
Whirlpool bath lasted no more than 5 minutes and so my husband missed out on Saturday and me Sunday... (this might be normal? Just seemed a bit tight..)
Couldn't get the Mirror above sink to light up (sensor thing) but maybe that was just us?? (I had told the young lad that on Saturday to..)
Sweeteners not replaced in room - (only 2 to start with) and only left with 1 breakfast tea bag for Sunday. Yes I could have asked for some more, but the point being this is 5* and we paid £265 for 2 nights.

Don't get me wrong it was a lovely break and the good far outweighed the teeny little niggles!

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Belindy17
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel for a business meeting and yet again it has exceeded my expectations. I must say that this is the best hotel I have stayed in in the UK and I have stayed in many over the years. It is a true boutique hotel and is well worthy of its 5 stars. It is in a quiet location away from all that is naff about Blackpool, opposite a park. All the rooms are individually styled and tastefully decorated, I stayed in the hip hop room and it was both spacious and luxurious. The hotel only has 14 rooms so you feel well looked after by the 2 couples that run the business who are both welcoming and have a good sense of humour! I would highly recommend this hotel and I cannot wait to return for our now annual business trip to Blackpool.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business