“Amazing!”

Ranked #45 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Beautiful hotel, very quiet. Lovely unique room with excellent facilities, we were made to feel very at home. Staff were impeccable... helpful was an understatement!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I can't recommend this hotel enough they really made our wedding perfect. We took up 7 of there beautiful rooms all of which where perfect. Each and every member of staff really did go the extra mile nothing was ever a problem. What can we say about the fantastic mark??? Well we can start with what a genuine funny guy he is he kept me calm through out the day when ever it looked like I was about to have a bridezilla moment there he was ready with a friendly word to calm me down his food is with our exception perfect. I really can't praise this hotel anymore I would recommend it to all our friends and family and we both look forward to coming back to see you all to celebrate our first wedding anniversary with you.

• Stayed November 2012
NumberOneSouthBeach, Owner at Number One South Beach, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words Mr & Mrs Wynd! We are all so happy that you enjoyed your day and that we were able to play such a large part in it. Your decorations and design transformed our dining room beautifully and we look forward to welcoming you to Number One again soon. Congratulations once again.
uk
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My husband arranged a special treat for our anniversary and booked a 3 night stay at this hotel, and im so glad he did.
From the moment we arrived until our departure i absolutely loved it. We stayed in the sophistication room which has a balcony and overlooks a garden and has a view of the beach/sea. The hotel is tastefully decorated throughout and alot of work has been put into the detail. Breakfast is great and plenty of it. Ben at the front desk is the perfect gentleman and carried my bag to my room. My husband and i travel alot and can say that this hotel is one of the best that we have stayed in. I was not very well during our vacation and spent alot of time in the room which i very much enjoyed as it was very comfortable. Thank you to all the staff especially Graham and Janette the owners,for a lovely stay. We hope to return soon.
Regards,
Aqeel & Tina Ahmad.

• Stayed October 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This is an excellent hotel. It is snazzy and modern . It is so unique as well and has its own individual character. The rooms are comfortable and spotless. The staff are friendly and show a genuine interest in you. I would definitely recomend We had a lovely weekend away and would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mmm664
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I should of been warned off this hotel when the receptionist asked me, when I was booking over the phone, if I was a negro boxer ,when I told him my name is Hayes!
The hotel it's self looked nice enough when we arrived. We were shown to the room which was clean and well presented.
The room had a Jacuzzi, which was the main reason we chose this '5 star' hotel. I started to run the bath and realised there was a problem with the plug. I looked around the room for the phone and to my surprise couldn't find one. So I walked down to the reception. A gentlemen came to the room to look at the plug! It seemed to be an issue with the spring mechanism. He told me he would try and mend the plug or find an alternative solution. 5 minutes later he returned to the room with a plug from the kitchen and one from another room. The one from the other room fitted and he left.
I proceeded to run the bath. Once the bath was filled I turned on the Jacuzzi. A terrible gas filed the room and the Jacuzzi wouldn't turn back on. After several failed attempts and decided to walk back down to the reception and ask for further assistance. The same gentleman returned to my room whilst girlfriend lay in bed very annoyed. He couldn't fix it and told us we had the change rooms. Our new room was definitely a down grade. Smaller and no views.
We both finally managed to have our Jacuzzi and decided to watch a DVD.
The DVD player wasn't working. Again I walked down to the reception, in my bathrobe and very p***ed off. Another gentleman came to the room and proceeded to tune in the tv! No av button, no hdmi! Tune in the DVD player ffs!
We lay down to watch the film.
We were both sweating and hot. At first we put it down to just getting out of the bath, but we became hotter and hotter. We had both windows wide open and all curtains open, but It didn't help. We couldn't sleep.
The next day I handed back the room key, politely told them we was not having breakfast and how we were unhappy. They gave us £25 off our £150 bill.
Bunch of cowboys!

• Stayed September 2012
16 Thank mikehayes1979
NumberOneSouthBeach, Owner at Number One South Beach, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
We don't usually respond to negative posts as we feel there are always two sides to a story and that prospective guests are intelligent enough to read through the lines and make up their own minds.

However, on this occasion, we really feel that there are a number of hurtful and upsetting mistruths as well as a couple of valid issues and for those we sincerely apologise which we also did at the time and we also felt we did our utmost to put matters right.

Regarding the "negro boxer" comment - it wasn't a receptionist but in fact one of the business’ Partners and Directors who would never in this wild world dream of saying such a thing but instead said "how do you spell Hayes, is it the same as the boxer?" now I really feel that is not making a comparison, just a friendly question but obviously taken the wrong way and for that we do apologise.

We are very definitely not a 5 star hotel and all our literature, websites etc. state our VisitBritain accreditation as 5 star Gold Guest Accommodation which really means that we are much smaller, (we only have 14 rooms), family run, offer very different facilities and as such our rates are noticeably lower than that of a 5 star hotel. One difference is that we are not required to have telephones in the room and to be honest we did previously provide them but they were very infrequently used as guests preferred to use their own mobiles thinking that the in house telephone rates would be expensive; the maintenance cost to ourselves was excessive so we had the system removed feeling our money would be better spent elsewhere.

It is regrettable that the plug malfunctioned, but in this instance it could be resolved swiftly by swapping it. Unfortunately this could not be said of the whole Whirlpool bath (not Jacuzzi), nor was it able to be repaired on a Saturday night. There was no mention of any gas however and the bath worked perfectly when inspected by a technician the following day. We apologised profusely though and were very grateful that there was a room available to offer, as we have been full every other Illumination weekend. As is imaginable, our sea-view rooms are booked up first and therefore there was no other option. However, the room was not smaller and if anything larger!

We are entirely culpable for not checking the functionality of the DVD player, and it was quickly tuned in again. Modern DVB televisions recognise new channels available and re-tune, however if the DVD player is not switched on at this point then the connection is lost. It is a problem we are working hard to find a solution for. The reason it is not connected via AV or HDMI is due to the DVD player being linked to two televisions, so that it can be watched in both the bathroom and bedroom at the same time. A facility our guests enjoy immensely.

We are very sorry for the heat of the room, that evening was a particularly warm summer’s night. However there is no mention of the air conditioning fans in each of our rooms, which do not sound like they have been used.

The near 20% price reduction for the loss of view and also that breakfast was not required; we had hoped was compensation enough and are very sorry for the genuine issues with your stay.
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Don't hesitate to spend the extra money on this hotel. We did and were not disappointed. From the time we walked in the door all the way up to and into our room we were extremely impressed. The decorations were lovely, the paintings and all the artwork were top notch. The staff were nice, friendly and helpful. It was an amazing place.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jean M
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and could not have made a better choice in hotel option. The owner and his wife are so lovely the made the stay as well as the surrounding in which they run their business which really is the hight of luxury.
The were the perfect hosts and give suggestion on what to do when in Blackpool.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2, which was finished as all the hotel to very high standards.