Number One South Beach
US$115
US$74
US$75
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$57
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewswhirlpool bathlighting systemboutique hotelsewing kitstunning hotelremote controlpleasure beachdressing gownsfour posterthought of everythingtram stopcomfy bedsmall hotelbreakfast was deliciousvisiting blackpooltop flooran enjoyable stay
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Bedrooms are stunning & the hospitality is second to none. As soon as we arrived we were made to feel very welcome by the staff I shall be recommending Number One South Beach to friends, family & business colleagues. Thankyou for an enjoyable stay .

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014

From the moment you arrive you feel at home, this is a very comfortable hotel. There is a relaxed, but very professional approach from the team. The hotel is imaculate. There is nothing that has not been thought through. Its not a big hotel and that is its charm. It was my first visit yesterday. I heard about the hotel through a friend who held very high expectations of the hotel, these were surpased. Food is exceptional I had Prawns to start Seabass as a main, they were prepared simply but cooked perfectly thankyou Mark. The service from Graham ensures all your needs are catered for your excellent choice of good quality wine made the meal exceptional. Well done to Graham, Mark & Janet the standard has been set very high. This is a rare gem. I will visit again

Room Tip: Make sure you book in advance this hotel is too good to have rooms available at short notice , please ignore my review of the pool, I clicked this by mistake and I cant remove it. If they did have a pool it would be exvellent
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon J
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this beautiful boutique hotel for five nights while attending a conference in Blackpool. When you arrive in the door you will feel like you walked into a 5 star hotel which you have and the hosts Graham and Mark were just perfect. I can't praise this enough I will be staying again soon.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I stopped here with my husband for two night as a treat. Yes the rooms are stunning, the bathrooms are fabulous and we like the help yourself trust at the bar. But the food was a problem for the price you should at least be able to get a table but that's not even guaranteed. Instead we got a taxi to lytham and dined at Henry's. This was a bit of a spoiler as the taxi fare was phenomenal. £150 is very expensive for Blackpool and unfortunately I think it's over pricing itself as a later visit for another two nights was at a very good chained hotel and only cost £54 each night.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jacqui C
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My husband and I booked a 2 night stay this week, imagining a cosy boutique hotel buzzing with Christmas cheer. We were also looking forward to eating in the restaurant that was featured on the website - particularly as the hotel is not situated close to a choice of eating places. We certainly did not want to have to venture out on the extremely wet and windy night we arrived! However on arrival we were told that although we were the only guests staying in the 12 room hotel, they could not fit us into the restaurant either of the 2 nights of our stay. When I commented that hotel guests are generally guaranteed a table and if this was not the case, we should have been told this at the point of booking, I was met with a shrug of the shoulders. It turns out that this Boutique Hotel is actually a B&B that holds Christmas parties out of season to boost its income. Fair enough, but if they are going to take room bookings then they need to make this clear and also maybe look at lowering their prices which at £140 a night is fine for the quality of the rooms in high season, but poor value for an empty hotel in December. Needless to say we had a last minute change to our plans and having already had a 3 5 hr drive got back in the car and carried on to the Lakes where we managed to find a lovely Spa hotel with a restaurant that could fit us in. Our room was just as nice as those at Number One and the hotel facilities far better, and it was cheaper!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Gwen A
NumberOneSouthBeach, Manager at Number One South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

I'm very sorry that you didn't stay with us and that we were not what you expected on arrival. We are a VisitBritain 5 Star Gold Guest Accommodation and unfortunately not a hotel. This is explicitly stated on our website as is mandatory for such properties.

Our restaurant is featured online, as is the fact that it is via advanced booking only and your comment about being far from any eateries is entirely erroneous as there are 3 Italian restaurants, 1 Chinese, 2 Indians, a couple of pubs and a wine bar within a 5 min walk. Due to the fact we are not a hotel the restaurant is not required to be open every night of the week and it was unfortunate that the second evening of your reservation was already fully booked for dinner. I apologise for this, we have taken your comments on board and our booking confirmation now states to reserve a table in advance to avoid similar disappointments in the future. The restaurant is not open merely out of season but open all year round to residents and non-residents with a prior reservation and like most other good eating establishments December is a busy time.

We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay in the Lake District but I must also state that your trip to Blackpool was to see the Illuminations which had been switched off nearly two months prior to your reservation and as your husband did not get out of the car to venture into the property, it certainly seemed that you had made up your mind to continue North regardless of anything to do with Number One South Beach.