“5 star weekend!!!”

Ranked #45 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Polmont, United Kingdom
“5 star weekend!!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at Number One South Beach to celebrate my 40th birthday. I had the best birthday and the hotel made up a big part of it. We stayed 2 nights. Beautiful decorated hotel with luxury throughout. Nothing has been scrimped on. Amazing comfortable beds. Warm friendly but still professional welcome on arrival. We stayed in the Midsummer Pink room which was very well equipped with everything immaculately finished to a very high standard. Beautifully clean with good quality bath products and linen (white linen co). I had a chilled glass of wine and a little TV catch up whilst having a jacuzzi bath before going to see Mama Mia at the Winter Gardens. Very short walk to tram stop or the hotel can call you a taxi. Tram fare was £2 each to North pier and taxi was £6.20. Key card security on the front door at night. Slept like a log that night £ woke up to the sun shining over the sea from our balcony. Breakfast was fresh and delicious. Large selection of breakfast products. Just fill in your request before 9pm the previous night and your breakfast is cooked to order in the morning. I had a perfectly cooked poached egg with sausage and bacon which was also cooked perfectly and a potato cake. Choice of brown/white toast. We chose mixed, which was served with freshly squeezed orange juice and freshly brewed tea & coffee. No grease at all on the breakfast, in fact probably the best breakfast I have had in years :) top quality drinks at the relaxing bar area and we were made so welcome. Would love to come back again... As soon as possible :))) thank you from Jim & Audrey

Room Tip: We stayed in the Midsummer Pink room on the top (3rd floor) very comfortable beds, free wifi , air c...
1 Thank Totie21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Have just returned from Number One South Beach. It is lovely and in the best place to walk along the beach and see the quieter part of Blackpool.
The rooms are lovely with very comfortable beds you sink into (big marshmallows spring to mind). Top class shower gels etc (White Linen Co.)
A lot of thought has gone into the décor and there are lovely fittings to admire.
The bar is very reasonable with nice quality wine and the breakfast choice includes smoked salmon with scrambled eggs and smoked haddock with poached eggs.
Faultless.

1 Thank sarah b
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Its rare that I pay a price like this but I am glad I did as this stunning hotel exceeded every one of my expectations. The room (all of which have their own unique style and names) we stayed in midsummer pink. This room was done to such a high standard finish and it was a shame we had to leave the room to go out in Blackpool. From the word go everything was perfect the staff were very friendly and helpful they offered to bring our bags up to the room (and if you are on the upper floors there is a lift and stairs to all floors) and then explained all the gadgets and how to work everything in the room. the room was spacious, and the bed was very comfortable (best nights sleep we have ever had) the view from the balcony was stunning there is a nice little park that is protected land and you have a lovely view of the beach. The bathroom is really nice you get a huge bathtub and a really nice power shower, there is a TV in the bath room nicely placed in front of the bath so you can have a relaxing time, then in the room you get sky, wifi and a dvd player all hooked up to a 50" TV. I might say that they have thought of everything here as there are slippers and bathrobes in the wardrobe and a little box of emergency supplys like (soweing kit, shoe horn, tampon, pantie liner, and various other bits and bobs) there was also not a spec of dust anywhere. Then we come to the breakfast which was lovely you choose what you want on a sheet in the room drop it of with reception and then in the morning when you come down its cooked fresh there and then and while you are waiting you can help yourself to fruit, cereals, and various other bits (good selection) the staff were aslo very knowledgeable on the surrounding area and what we could do with our days out. all in all a perfect 2 days holiday and we will definitely be staying here again. Hopefully longer next time!!! And a big thank you is in order to everyone at the Number 1 South Beach for making our stay so wonderful.

Room Tip: To be honest I would recommend going on the hotels website as every room has a different style. But...
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Lovely hotel with a choice of designed rooms. Next to the beach but away from the town which I liked. You choose your breakfast the night before so it is cooked to order in the morning. The staff are great at remembering you and always have time for a chat.The rooms very clean and modern and a 5 star standard.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kazza2609
Nottingham
Reviewed 17 June 2014

It's rare I stay in a place that exceeds my expectations on almost every level, but this goes down as one of them.
Superb quality rooms with nice touches, very friendly staff and an general atmosphere of attention to detail.
Tremendous all round.

Room Tip: Top floor gives great views over the sea
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just came back from a one night business visit to Blackpool and on the recommendation of my colleague I chose this hotel. It's been probably 15 years since my last visit to the town on a stag weekend and I don't remember that much to be honest!

Luckily this visit was very different! Arrived early evening and was shown to my room on the top floor by a very friendly and helpful chap. The rooms are of course great and each is individually decorated so go online, check them out and ask for your favorite when you book.

My room was spotless and very tastefully done. If I was being REALLY picky, I would say that the refurbishment was probably done at least a few years ago and there were just a couple of what you could call minor faults but nothing worth speaking about. The view was sideways onto the sea front so nice sunset but maybe because of this the room was pretty warm. I had to keep the patio doors open as I don't think there is any air con.

I spent the first 30 min playing with the remote lighting system like a kid! "lights go on... lights go off" etc... you get the picture. Once that novelty wore off the 42" plasma went on and good to see a well installed aerial system for a change giving a good picture on every channel. There is also a DVD player in each room and a good selection of DVDs behind the desk at reception. Or just bring your own of course!

It's a pity I didn't have more time as I would certainly have checked out the additional splash proof TV at the end of the bath!

Order your breakfast before bed and it will be cooked fresh for you when you arrive downstairs. Great quality full English! Actually called a "Blackpool Breakfast" but I forgot to ask what the difference is!

I will remember that next time as I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: They are ALL good... just choose the style you like... Top floor rooms can be quite warm.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark K
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My Girlfriend and I booked a last minute stay here as a spur of the moment get away. As soon as we arrived the hotel stood out like shining Gem. the moment we walked through the door we were greeted with the most friendly and helpful Staff. check in was very quick and easy. Graham showed us to our room and was very thorough in showing us all the features of our room including the Jacuzzi bath with wall mounted T.V next to it. the remote lights were a great addition and proved some entertainment for a good 15 minutes.

we had drinks in the bar before going out to dinner and had a fantastic laugh with the staff especially mark. They recommended some good things to do and go.

Breakfast was fantastic and again service was second to none. the whole time that we stayed there we felt like VIPs and the whole team made it very enjoyable.

I will definitely stay there again and has given me faith that Blackpool can offer such 5 star quality.

Room Tip: sophistication room (16 on 3rd floor) was fantastic
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple