“fantastic and very welcoming 3rd visit”
Review of Dixon Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Dixon Hotel
Ranked #715 of 858 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“fantastic and very welcoming 3rd visit”
Reviewed 28 April 2011

we have been 3times and from 2009 we have really enjoyed this hotel first time our baby was 4mths and a 5year and and the owners were very nice and helpfull even at times holding the baby xx and playing games with our daughter on our second visit we took an older child and was greated at the door by both owners last year when we went we was early we was greated again whilest we upacked with my husband they helped with the children the rooms was clean and and milk coffee and tea filled up everyday infact they brought jugs of milk up and filled the littles bottles up with milk i cannot fault this hotel and i no for a fact alot of my friend have been here too im booking for this year and they wont belive the size
of my two liitle ones and will be taking my daughter and boyfriend too keep uup the good work guys see you in october they even asked to respect that there was children in the hotel and my baby and young daughter never woke up once fantasic holidays

Room Tip: friendly warmly and 10mins from tower
  • Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Nottingham
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Firstly, my thanks to Al for at least attempting to make us feel welcome, and appeasing us with the right noises throughout our two-day/night stay. As hard as he tried, the customer service skills need some work. A very pleasant chap, he appeared disorganised on the phone whilst taking our booking, and nervous on our arrival. I can only assume he had a good reason to be nervous, as we were new fish in his pond, my last visit being eight years ago under the previous proprietors, and therefore not 'established' guests. Maybe he was too polite to tell us on the phone not to bother. I wish now he had.

The hotel now allows pets, so be prepared to be welcomed by the smell of wet dog.

The breakdown of faults found within ten minutes in our room, 'en-suite', top-of-the-shop; peeling wallpaper on virtually every roll applied, dubious stains on lower areas of wallpaper, dubious stains on duvet cover, paint-spattered curtains, general slapdash paintwork, a pair of false eyelashes found in the wardrobe, empty shampoo packets in the shower, a window which did not open or close freely without great force applied, ill-fitting flat-pack furniture, stained carpets, and doors on the shower enclosure which did not close properly. To calm my nerves (and temper), I decided to venture downstairs into the 'bar', to order a couple of drinks, of which pumps for Strongbow, Stella, and Carling stood loud and proud. I was duly informed that no drinks were available, as they hadn't stocked up. That was the 'bar'.

Now, I didn't expect the Ritz, but what I did expect was a room which would be cleaned following the last departure. Christ, I even walked past at least fifty hotels down that same strip offering accommodation for the same price, and virtually all appeared more appealing. I wonder how this place remains in business. Beware of that 'contractors welcome' invitation also, because you know most of the carpets will be faintly blemished in oil, or remnants of cement. It has been left to rot under current ownership, and their response was that the rooms keep getting trashed by idiot stag and hen groups, so why should they bother refurbishing? It was a startling, yet unsurprising analogy of lower-end hotel management in Blackpool. One good aspect of the 'Dixon', was the breakfast. However, a butter-knife would have been nice, as well as clean condiments.

Next time, we intend to find somewhere in Blackpool which is closer to the centre, has on-site parking, and is clean. All in all, a thoroughly depressing and disappointing display of hotel management. We will never return to this establishment.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CoastalRider1975

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Reviewed 22 August 2010

the room was poorly decorated.and not cleaned properly.in my 3 day stay no towels were changed or bedding or milk in room.lock was falling off door,bed was small and uncomfortable.breakfast was ok but small.host unwelcoming and smoked halfway through serving breakfast.generally everything of poor standard.location best part of whole place.

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank bewseyj
markhaswell2, Owner at Dixon Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2010
In response to this guests comments I would loike to make the following points
1. they stayed 2 nights not 3 so the towels would be changed every other day unless a guest requests a change and we would not change any bedding for just a 2 night stay and again unless requested

2. I have checked the lock in the room concerned and it is working perfectly.

3. the bed in that room is a standard double bed and beds are changed regularly

4. At the time of there stay (Sat /Sun ) there would be no time to smoke during breakfast and may have been done after breakfast while talking to other guests outside.

5. Milks etc would be replaced every day unless we are unable to gain access to the room.

6.the rooms are cleaned at change overs and serviced every day unless we where unable to gain access, as was in this case