“a loverly weekend”

Ranked #99 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“a loverly weekend”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

had a loverly weekend and the owns make you feel welcome , this is our second time hear and the weather was loverly , only rain when we was on are way home . hope to see you soon .we had a good nite in nice club that was not to far away from the hotel .

Room Tip: room 2 was a very good room , with nice clean towels on bed shaped as a swan .
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed here from 27th-29july with my 2year old son partner in room 9. It was a lovely room and the bed was much comfier than the one we have at home (even though we have just purchased it). Tv on wall with freeview and WiFi made it a great place to wind down after a hecktic day having lots of fun in blackpool and had a great nights sleep :)) Great owners of the hotel make it the way it is as they are so nice and friendly and so hard working at the job they do in keeping the hotel running. Breakfast was amazing!!!! Fruit salads, cereals, toast and fried breakfast and the quality of all the food was great. It is situated on a really good street close to everything.
This hotel is so good, i genuinely had a better time here than i did in lanzarote in may. This was the third time i had visited Blackpool and this was the best place i have been to buy far!! I cant wait to return in the very near future Thanks ian and veronica

Room Tip: Book in advance
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Really lovely hotel, very welcoming and great atmosphere!
The rooms were lovely and cosy and I think my bed was comfier than my bed at home!

Lovely owners who are always willing to help and make you feel at home! I was there for business on my own so they would always sit with me so I wasn't on my own!

All round great experience, would definitely reccomend!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
rochdale
Reviewed 23 July 2012

very good value,warm friendly hosts, food very good,rooms nicely decorated comfiest beds ever slept in

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Me and my partner are just back from a very pleasant stay at the Strathdon, we were greeted by a very smiley Ian who offered to carry my bag up the stairs and even offered us a tea on our arrival which was a lovely welcome gesture. The room was spotless, and the towels on the bed shaped as a swan I loved! (the small things go a long way!) The bed was very comfy and the tea and biscuits in the room were an extra wee bonus. The room was a perfect size for me and my partner very homely.
Breakfast was great, loads to choose from and Ian was as ever very helpful and attentive!
One night we came back to the other guests and Ian and Veronica playing the wii, my partner soon joined in and it was a great laugh! was just like being in a group of friends and family, Just smashing.

The B&B is situated quite nicely, on a lovely street in Blackpool. Its a pleasant enough walk to and from the different attractions on offer.

It was a surprise trip from my other half, but he did well choosing the Strathdon as I couldn't fault it one bit! Will definitely return in the future.

THANK YOU VERONICA AND IAN! :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank melissa_xo
Veron1, Owner at Strathdon Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2012
Thank you Melissa for taking the time to write a review.
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your break at The Strathdon.

Every guest is offered complimentary tea/coffee on arrival because we feel that after a long journey it will help our guests relax and then they can begin their holiday.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your evening in the bar and playing the Wii.
This is very popular when we have families staying as it helps to keep the children amused.

We hope to see you again in the future.
Regards
Veronica
sheffield
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We have stayed at the strathdon a few times and have had an amazing time each and every time, the hotel is spotless, veronica nd ian cant do enough for you. I went for my 40th birthday and as a surprise they trimmed up the dining room for me. The always make you feel at home and welcome and the food is secont to none.
Veronica,s towel folding is a sight to behold and i love the little details like the basket of toiletories in the bathroom and the buiscuits with the drinks tray and the sweets on the tray at the side of the bed.
Pay them a visit i guarantee you wont find better.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mumtokandh
Leeds
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I stayed here with my mum and sister in March. It really was faultless. Lovely welcome and a cup of tea and biscuits on arrival. Spotlessly clean hotel from top to bottom. We stayed in room 5 which had just been redecorated. Extremely comfortable beds, gorgeous breakfast and a great location for all parts of Blackpool. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family