“My stay at Alpha Guest House”

Alpha Guest Accommodation
Ranked #491 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have been staying here for almost a month now. When I arrived I was feeling quite upset about a situation in my life. I came with my little Shih Tzu.
The first evening Gail had a special night for friends. I was asked to join in and was made very welcome by Gail Stephen and their son and friends.
I have really enjoyed my time here and felt cared about. Gail made the most lovely wholesome food and some awesome home made soups too. On one occasion I had to go collect some more clothes and Gail kindly took me.
I can recommend this guest house which is very homely, welcoming warm and the breakfast here rivals any I have had. The rooms are light airy and very comfortable. Well worth considering staying here if you come to Blackpool.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 3. This room is located at the front and has a beautiful view of the sea. In the ev...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Alpha Guest Accommodation

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My partner was staying here for 9 days doing a driving course. Myself & my 4 year old son travelled down and stayed for 4 nights Mon-Fri. Our room was huge with 2 really comfy double beds, It was lovely and clean & very cosy. Lots of nice added extras (tea, coffee, biscuits, bottled water, shampoo, soaps ect...) nice view and a stone throw away from beach with trams running every 20 Mins practically right outside. The owners were lovely and friendly without being too fussy, breakfast was great with loads to choose from. Would definitely recommend this place and would certainly visit again. We had to leave really early on Friday morning so I could make it back to Scotland in time for my work so never got to say goodbye would just like to say Thanks for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014
TheAlpha, Owner at Alpha Guest Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and services, and give a appreciative response.
We try to treat our guests as we would like to be treated and we are glad you had a comfortable stay with us.

Gail and Steve

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed here with some initial doubt due to a previous Blackpool B&B experience and only booking the same day on an illuminations weekend - I was not to be disappointed however - the accommodation was reasonable value for the price we paid, and a great, quiet location (away from the nightlife) suitable for families with convenient access to the nearby tram stop and 5 minute tram journey to the Tower.

We found the room very comfortable, clean and warm and the decor pleasing to the eye. There were no problems at all with the shower - and had consistent running hot water. The bed was very comfortable and couldn't hear any noise from outside - we had a sound night's sleep. Little additional touches such as the alarm clock, hot chocolate drinking sachet, biscuits, bottle of water and the quantity of towels indicated that some thought had gone into the provisions.
In the morning, the full breakfast was delicious, with a wide selection of cereal available too, plus fresh coffee and orange juice. We found the hosts very welcoming and not too intrusive, and would not hesitate to recommend this guest house to friends and family.
If we return for a trip to Blackpool, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
TheAlpha, Owner at Alpha Guest Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We endeavour to treat all our guests as we would like to be treated, so if you are satisfied then we have done our job. Thanks for taking the time to write and we hope to see you again. Steve and Gail

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Lovely accommodation run by a fantastic couple, food was very good, cooked to perfection by Gail. Rooms are a little dated but homely and very comfortable. Can't fault this accommodation . The location is good, tram stop is very close this enables you to get to the centre of Blackpool should you wish .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, they are all appreciated, and where possible acted upon. We are aware that the business is slightly dated ( centenary next year) and we are starting renovation for next year to improve customer comfort. Hope to see you again, and thank you. Steve and Gail

Reviewed 24 October 2013

we stayed here on 16 th october for two nights and had a very good stay in comfortable surroundings .we found the proprietor very friendly without being overly chatty and they were very relaxed about our small dog being in their home.the food we were served was enjoyable and we will definetly visit again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
TheAlpha, Owner at Alpha Guest Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you for your kind review and taking the time to write one. We appreciate your comments and look forward to meeting you again. Steve and Gail

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights primarily to see the lights which did not disappoint. What did disappoint was on arrival the proprietor complaining the money I had paid would be held by the website I had booked through would not be seen for 6 weeks less 20 % which is not my business or concern, or professional !
A gated private car park was a bonus too !The room was great and a good size, clean and comfortable, no problems there or with the breakfast served which we got what we asked for which was served between 8-9am.
On the final morning I took my case and some luggage to the car park as my partner is disabled and does not travel light. We went to breakfast at around 8.30 to see new guests piling in at the same time, we continued with our breakfast and went to our room.
My partner was packed ready so we relaxed in our room catching up with the news on TV thinking 10.30 was the check out time as advertised on the website ! Around 9.50 a knock come on the door, the proprietor thinking we had vacated the room. She was obviously annoyed we were still there, we decided to clear the room immediately as we did not want any problems or confrontation with the lady.
At no time were we informed that check out time was. We were very upset that we seemed to have annoyed the proprietor and were left wondering what we had done to deserve this.
Later in Blackpool my partner became extremely unwell because of this, it ruined our weekend !
I have no wish to stop there again whatsoever as we left feeling extremely unwanted and very unhappy.

Room Tip: Beware of pigeons and gulls nesting in the eaves above room 1 they can keep you awake !
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TheAlpha, Owner at Alpha Guest Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We welcome fair and accurate reviews. Unfortunately this we consider this is not one of them To consider your first point, my "unprofessional" lapse into finance was in response to your question about whether it was better to book with us directly.
Secondly the volume of luggage you carry is totally your own business but in my experience was not excessive considering you where travelling with your wife.
Thirdly "guests piling into the dining room". There was only one couple left for breakfast at 0830 as all the other guest where on driving courses and where picked up at 0830.
Finally my wife did not indicate or tell you to leave at 1030. In your review you contradict your self about check out times eg "thinking 1030 was the check out time as advertised on the website". Later in the review " At no time where we informed that check out time was" We state check out times on our website (you refered to it) and on the "Guest information " card in your room and both tell you that if you want a later check out upto1200, arrange it with us!!. However at no time was my wife or myself upset by this incident as we regarded you as a really nice family.
We regret that you where unhappy with our attitude but your experience is not refected by other other guests .

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We had just one night here as part of a longish trip. I was very pleased to note that it was located in a quiet part of a rather noisy town. Additionally, there were touches that have been missing from other places I have visited recently.Firstly there were more choices on the room tea tray, including fruit teas and a few sweets. There was a really comprehensive breakfast menu, not just the full english-fruit salad was a real treat. Local information and recommendations were freely given and proved reliable. Saw one of the best sunsets ever!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family