“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Weeton Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Weeton Hotel
Ranked #655 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have returned from a 4 day driving course in Blackpool and I had the pleasure of staying at the Weeton Hotel. If I'm honest I wasn't expecting much for £20 per night but what I never expected was to be welcomed into a wonderful family. As a lone traveller it is difficult sometimes to settle but settle I did at the Weeton. Nothing was too much trouble; Darren even got up at 5am to make sure that a type 1 diabetic (me) had breakfast before my driving test and he didn't bat an eyelid. Thanks to you all for making me feel so relaxed, comfortable, fed and watered when I needed it most. I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
michelle m, Owner at The Weeton Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thankyou for your lovely review, we all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

some of the reviews on here are clearly by snobs who have never been in a B&B in Blackpool before.

The room was clean and tidy and ample unless you planned staying in there for the duration of your stay and who does that in Blackpool?

The owners we're lovely and I bagged a parking spot right outside the hotel which was a bonus, again everyone knows this is pot luck in Blackpool.

We paid £60 a night for a family of 4 inc breakfast on the weekend they turn the lights on.....bargain!

Remember this to all the pillocks posting bad remarks on hear its not the ritz or some plush country manor its a B&B in Blackpool and does exactly what it says on the tin.

I'd stay again just hope its not when theres moaning snobs staying.

Regards

The Northmanc traveller

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TWENTYTIMES
michelle m, Owner at The Weeton Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thankyou for your kind and honest review.
manchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed here for just one night and that was enough. We had checked the reviews on here and they were all 5 star ....... what kind of other places could these reviewers have stayed at to give this such a high rating??
The view from our room was a wall covered in drainpipes and below we had some bins to look at. The bathroom was that small that the door opened onto the sink and you had to step to one side and shut the door before being able to get past to the toilet. The light switch for the bathroom was situated behind a wardrobe which made it impossible to find in the night which was a good job as when we found it in the morning when we switched the light on it made a terrible loud screeching noise. There was a 4 gang extension in the plug socket and we had to unplug the TV to use a hairdryer.
We went down for breakfast at 9.30 on the sunday morning and were told by the landlady that we had missed breakfast it was at 9!! 9am on a sunday morning!! She didn't even offer us a cup of coffee or a piece of toast. We thought this was appauling as we had paid for breakfast.
I have given it a 2 as it is close to the sea front and the sheets were obviously quite new.
For the same price you could stay in a premier inn / Travelodge so please do so and don't be deceived by the fancy sofa on their website its the only piece of modern furniture in the whole building.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
michelle m, Owner at The Weeton Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thankyou for your review, firstly the breakfast is between 8.30 am and 9am so 9.30 is not a good time to come down for breakfast. Also you did not mention that I allowed 5 of your non paying friends to get ready for your night out.which you took advantage of by taking 4 hours to do this using it as a place to have your pre drinks before going out.One of the non paying friends also broke a toilet in the en-suite.I therefore think the rest of your opinions were cruel insults because you had missed breakfast, you had already took advantage of my kindness by letting your other friends into my hotel so coming down for breakfast late was also taking advantage of me.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

First of all, I want to say that the people running the B&B were friendly and pleasant.

The road the Weeton is on is all double yellow lines one side and finding a space near the B&B is very difficult. We had to park a couple of roads away and lug all our stuff from there. I thought it might have a place to park at the back but it was a case of driving around until we found a spot - quite stressful. When our car had been parked there for 5 days it had a scratch along the back bumper where someone had scraped it. Not impressed.

The room itself was quite small for a family of 4 plus baby and the storage was very poor. There wasn't even a rail to hang any hand or bath towels on so we had to hang them on top of the door.

The en-suite was really shabby and in need of renovation. The grouting and tiles etc looked quite unpleasant. I think they could've also provided a bar of soap. It's the small things I guess, and I have never stayed anywhere that hasn't provided a bar of soap so I completely forgot to take one. One evening there was also no hot water so we had to have a very cool shower.

There was only one socket in the room that was for everything. They had an extension lead feeding off the one socket and around the bed for the lamp. We really struggled the first night because we had taken a cooler for milk drinks and medicine for the baby, and when that and the lamp was plugged in we had no other power for our laptop, baby monitor and phone charger.

The B&B is advertised as licensed and we were hoping to be able to put our children to bed and then go downstairs with the baby monitor so they could settle without being disturbed by us. It turns out they gave up their license last year so we had to stay in the room and try and entertain ourselves with the one socket and very poor wifi signal. Walking around the room with the laptop trying to get the signal back is not fun! Once the travel cot was set up there was virtually no room to move around, but I guess that's no fault of the B&B.

The carpet in the room was pretty grubby and I didn't fancy it with my socks on. Again, it's the little things. I think the room could do with a lick of paint and a clean, or perhaps a new carpet. I felt the room was overpriced for what it was.

The breakfast was nice - basic but nice - and although we only got one pot of coffee to share, the girls got a decent portion and it kept us going most of the day.

Overall, it was okay, but I don't think we would stay there again. Next time I would pay a bit more and find a hotel that has a bar, is closer to the tower, and has adequate parking and a bigger room with more storage.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

The Weeton was in a perfection location for our stay of two nights. Our family room was spotless as was the rest of the Hotel. Breakfast was really lovely and kept us going for the day. We had a really lovely stay and would highly recommend and would stay again if we have another trip to Blackpool.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

we stayed here for the weekend and can honestly say it is the best place we have stayed in blackpool.we are a family of 5,2 adults and 3 kids aged 3 ,10 and 13.the famiy room consisted of 1 large room with double bed,single bed and settee with tv with freeview and a playstation and tea coffee making facilities and another room (seperate key) with bunk beds tv with freeview and a bathroom with fresh clean towels provided.must say the fact that there was a bath was ideal for our 3 year old.there was also a shower over the bath for people who prefer showers.we opened the door for the older kids but we kept the key this set up was ideal for us.they were right next door.
the rooms were spotlessly clean with lovely crisp white bed linen and were very well decorated.
the breakfast was included in the price and consisited of fresh fruit,yoghurts,cereals,fruit juice,toast,tea and coffee and of course a full english breakfast that was cooked to perfection. the hosts were lovely and friendly and they let us leave our bags there as we had the whole day in blackpool after we checked out.there is also a licensed bar but we never used it as we were out visiting family at night time and on the go all day.
we will definately stay here again next time we are in blackpool.

thanks for everything
Brian Sara and family

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

myself and partner stayed one night ,were greeted with a smile and showed to our room straight away.very clean place ,great breakfast and the hosts were very friendly would return without hesitation.value for money and ideal location. chris and shell.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple