“Will stay here again and again and again!”
Review of Newbury Hotel

Newbury Hotel
Ranked #316 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Watford
“Will stay here again and again and again!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The owners of this hotel offer an outstanding welcome and made us fell at home. Every time we stay at this hotel there is always something new. All the bedrooms and public areas are currently being redecorated but didn't impose on our stay. Our room was very clean and tidy. New towels where avaible when needed. Owners are hardworking and more than willing to recommend local entertainment for the evening for both family and adults. They also make our stay at Blackpool special and we are more than happy to recommend this friendly Bed and Breakfast hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bin218

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

After being rescued from a pigsty I'd already booked into, this place was lovely. Yes there's the faint smell of cigarettes, and yes the rooms are quite small, but did you really come to blackpool to have a big bedroom??
The owners are so friendly and helpful. They helped me get my daughter out the car and my luggage and checked us in at the last minute. The beds were surprisingly comfortable and we had clean towels whenever we wanted. Clean shower room. It's the little things that matter to me and they remembered my daughters' name and even tucked her teddy into bed which she loved. Breakfast was nice, but then I only had bacon! Lol. Sufficient hangers in wardrobe.
Overall, we had. Lovely 4 night stay and would come here again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Charmedkylie
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We only stayed for two nights but when we left it was if we were old friends. Free room upgrade on arrival, gorgeous breakfasts and the hosts couldn't be nicer. You are a 5 minute walk from the front and tram stops everything you could want in Blackpool is easily accessible.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Pully P
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel. The people that run this hotel are very nice. The room I had was good and light. The full English breakfast was great.
The location of this hotel is perfect. Only a 3 minute walk from the train station and a five minute walk from the city center. The promenade, beach and North Pier are easily reached by foot.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sj K
London
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I have just got back from a four night stay at the Newbury, owned by Dawn & Andrew, with my cousin and our three children combined. From the second the door opened on our arrival we were greeted and treated like their own family until the second we left. Nothing was any trouble for this lovely couple, made better for me for their Geordie roots. Dawn & Andrew were constantly on hand to help with our needs, help with our children and advice that was needed regarding days out, places to eat and general local information. The rooms were lovely, the beds were comfortable, fresh clean towels were given by the cleaner who came in daily to empty bins, replenish tea & coffee and do general tidying around. Wifi was available on request for use in your room plus any other extras such as hair driers. There was plenty of activity in the main lounge which boasted a large TV, a bar and games to keep the kids entertained. Breakfast was out of this world. A choice of cereals were on offer, fresh fruit juices, assortment of teas and a drinks machine that gave you the most amazing chocolate latte. Breakfast was ordered on arrival but Dawn told us when we arrived that we could change this at anytime as long as we gave her enough warning... We never changed it because it was too lovely to even try anything else!... We opted for the vegetarian breakfasts, I have tried many fried slice but absolutely nothing can compare to the fried slice that sat on my plate every morning; travelling to Blackpool again to experience this treat would definitely be on the top half of my things to do list. Breakfast was quick, easy and delicious. Our stay here was enjoyable and we shall take away so many memories from this family who were kind to us and our girls. Yes, I'm not ashamed to say that the five of us were crying as we were waved off in our taxi. This was the most pleasant stay in a B&B I have ever had and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank nicolafucile
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I had an amazing time spending five days at the Newbury, Blackpool with my two children, cousin and her daughter. Dawn and Andy really invested in every single one of their guests and they were extremely attentive to us all. They helped us with the children and the children loved them for it. My daughter Ellie was especially attached to Dawn. The breakfast was tasty and filling and I want their recipe for their fried bread. I've never tasted anything like it. Wonderful! Thanks again to the wonderful hosts! You are a credit to Blackpool!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank staycee2401
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

The Newbury Hotel is quite a gem at a great price and it’s very comfortable. Excellent room with fantastic friendly service both thoughtful and flexible. Dawn, the owner, is usually on hand to assist. Great location close to the town centre and seafront. It's also a family oriented hotel. Couldn’t ask for much more really.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family