“1 night christmas party”

Royal Seabank Hotel
Ranked #30 of 69 Hotels in Blackpool
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“1 night christmas party”
Reviewed 7 December 2012

On arriving in blackpool with thirteen of my friends we pulled up outside the hotel. Hotel gives a good first impression from the outside. Hotel looked good inside too, checking in though did feel like it was a little bit of a conveyor belt, with one in one out attitude. I understand the turnover situation and we where only here for one night but I think it lost that personal touch.
Handed keys on arrival for 4 dbles 1 twin and 1 single with no explanation which key was for which room or where the rooms where, which did cause confusion and a bit of rearranging, also one room was not ready and had to wait another hour until it was.
Food and service in the restaurant was v. good although it was pensioners portions. Rooms were a reasonable size with flat screen on the wall. Shower small but room, sheets & towels were all clean. Entertainment was good and bar was reasonable priced.
Overall a good one night stay was had by all thirteen in the party, at a good hotel. I would have rated this hotel as good not average, had this choice been offered on the rating and I would return for longer and hopefully take in the full atmosphere and give a better rating.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank AndieAmnotlying
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for you taking the time to leave such a positive review.

I am sorry that you felt a little rushed on arrival at the hotel and hope you will understand that this was an extremely busy time of year. We are however currently looking at improving our check-in procedure.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed meals with us, larger portions may be ordered on request in the restaurant.

It’s always extremely nice to hear feedback, I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Reviewed 6 December 2012

We were there for the turkey and tinsel weekend, had a good break and the staff were good. However the food was terrible if you like potatoes swimming in water then this is the place for you!!! Complained about the food and nothing was done, well I was offered a biscuit!! Met some great people but if I am to return the food would have to be better!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the food during your stay.

Please be assured that we do take your comments seriously, and as such we are currently modernising our menus to offer more choice to our guests. Our restaurant manager is on hand to deal with any complaints and is always able to offer an alternative.

Kelly Pecival
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2012

had a lovely time at the Royal Seabank.. The service was top notch, all the staff were lovely and couldnt do enough for us, nothing was a problem. The food tasted like good home cooked food and there was plenty of it. Being that our age group were 20yrs upwards the staff were obliging and provided entertainment to suit us all. Also an ironing service is a great idea. I would have no qualms in recommending this hotel. Thank you to all for a lovely time.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank gaynor28

Port Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

Back from yet another great holiday at The Seabank! The Turkey and Tinsel experience was great. Celebrating Christmas and New Year twice in November was so much fun. The hotel's decorations were gorgeous and the staff have outdone themselves yet again. The food was great as always. The staff in the dining room and the cafe were so helpful, polite and courteous. As were the bar staff. The entertainment was brilliant and varied. I'd particularly like to mention Danny King and Murray G Mac. They're sets were fantastic. The hosts were all great too. This time round we experienced a sea view room. The view of the sea was gorgeous as was the room. I think I will always try for a sea view room in future. Overall the holiday was excellent and there are no complaints what so ever. The staff and hotel itself are a credit to Blackpool Promotions. Thank you so much again!

Nicola

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Radar8407

Greenock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2012

spent a 4day break really enjoyed ourselves staff were brilliant entertainment first class food good room not as good as previous visits but taking into account all bedrooms are being refurbished to a high standard we are looking forward to going back next year all in all great value for money

Room Tip: ask for refurbished room and high floor
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 11 November 2012

back for the first time in a few years,service very good,food very good,entertainment very good,room we had was pretty basic,but i believe there is an upgrade going on,my friends next door had a refurbshed room and was very nice, just our luck!!! overall good value for money.

Room Tip: ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank john t
Dear Guest,

We are indeed undergoing a major refurbishment programme, and I am pleased to confirm that we are currently renovating 5 bedrooms per week.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Just arrived back from 5day break it was manic at check in, but once you get that over. It was well worth it ,all the staff were very helpfull, we had a problem with the shower, but they found us another room and took our cases to the other room for us. and you have a treasure in Aideen she was great, what a party we had on the last night .Cant wait for next year

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends