“Very Good Hotel”

Royal Seabank Hotel
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Had an excellent weekend. Food was delicious and dining room was very well organised. Cabaret was excellent. Prices of alcohol very reasonable. Room was a bit disappointing. Mismatched toilet and washhand basin and a bit grubby but realise rooms are being renovated and was not fortunate enough to get one of these rooms. Never the less it was a fantastic

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for you taking the time to leave such a positive review.

Please be assured that we are currently in the process of renovating guest accommodation, with 5 rooms per week being completed.

It’s always extremely nice to hear feedback, I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team!

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed 8 December 2012

After booking in june for myself and 3 more friends ,looking forward to a lovely weekend of luxury,after seeing picture of rooms in their brochure, i booked it for turkey and tinsel weekend break, on arriving we were in total shock, nice from outside, then climbed stairs to room ive never seen a hotel room as bad in my life. floor sloped downwards towards shower room so wardrobe doors wouldnt stay closed ,shower had a 2inch gap below it floor tiles looked like crazy pathing, a there was a sign up please keep doors closed so room below doesnt get flooded, in bedroom there was a crack up the wall from top to bottom no bedside cabinets so we had to use the floor, and loose wallpaper in the corners, wallpaper looked as though it had been smoked in for years, also anyone who walked past the door , we thought they where in the same room as us because the floor creaked so badly, .Food was so basic and entertainment was boring, people including myself went to bed instead, i complained on arrival to girl at reception straight away as soon as we set eyes on the room, all she said was "you should have asked for a refurbished room when the booking was made we only have 11 rooms refurbished out of 89" i said how was i to know this ? and couldnt help me as they were fully booked up! we would have got a refund if we knew it was all so poor!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room 1-11 only
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Sandra C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

I am sorry that you feel the room allocated was not up to standard, please be assured that we are currently investing heavily into the renovation of guest bedrooms, with 5 per week being completed.

Unfortunately as we are such a busy hotel it is sometimes not possible to change rooms for guests on arrival, however we do try our utmost to ensure all guests have an enjoyable stay with us.

I do hope this experience will not deter you from using Blackpool Promotions again, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to enjoy the improvements.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

On arriving in blackpool with thirteen of my friends we pulled up outside the hotel. Hotel gives a good first impression from the outside. Hotel looked good inside too, checking in though did feel like it was a little bit of a conveyor belt, with one in one out attitude. I understand the turnover situation and we where only here for one night but I think it lost that personal touch.
Handed keys on arrival for 4 dbles 1 twin and 1 single with no explanation which key was for which room or where the rooms where, which did cause confusion and a bit of rearranging, also one room was not ready and had to wait another hour until it was.
Food and service in the restaurant was v. good although it was pensioners portions. Rooms were a reasonable size with flat screen on the wall. Shower small but room, sheets & towels were all clean. Entertainment was good and bar was reasonable priced.
Overall a good one night stay was had by all thirteen in the party, at a good hotel. I would have rated this hotel as good not average, had this choice been offered on the rating and I would return for longer and hopefully take in the full atmosphere and give a better rating.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AndieAmnotlying

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that you felt a little rushed on arrival at the hotel and hope you will understand that this was an extremely busy time of year. We are however currently looking at improving our check-in procedure.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed meals with us, larger portions may be ordered on request in the restaurant.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

We were there for the turkey and tinsel weekend, had a good break and the staff were good. However the food was terrible if you like potatoes swimming in water then this is the place for you!!! Complained about the food and nothing was done, well I was offered a biscuit!! Met some great people but if I am to return the food would have to be better!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the food during your stay.

Please be assured that we do take your comments seriously, and as such we are currently modernising our menus to offer more choice to our guests. Our restaurant manager is on hand to deal with any complaints and is always able to offer an alternative.

Kelly Pecival

Reviewed 20 November 2012

had a lovely time at the Royal Seabank.. The service was top notch, all the staff were lovely and couldnt do enough for us, nothing was a problem. The food tasted like good home cooked food and there was plenty of it. Being that our age group were 20yrs upwards the staff were obliging and provided entertainment to suit us all. Also an ironing service is a great idea. I would have no qualms in recommending this hotel. Thank you to all for a lovely time.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank gaynor28

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Back from yet another great holiday at The Seabank! The Turkey and Tinsel experience was great. Celebrating Christmas and New Year twice in November was so much fun. The hotel's decorations were gorgeous and the staff have outdone themselves yet again. The food was great as always. The staff in the dining room and the cafe were so helpful, polite and courteous. As were the bar staff. The entertainment was brilliant and varied. I'd particularly like to mention Danny King and Murray G Mac. They're sets were fantastic. The hosts were all great too. This time round we experienced a sea view room. The view of the sea was gorgeous as was the room. I think I will always try for a sea view room in future. Overall the holiday was excellent and there are no complaints what so ever. The staff and hotel itself are a credit to Blackpool Promotions. Thank you so much again!

Nicola

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Radar8407

Reviewed 16 November 2012

spent a 4day break really enjoyed ourselves staff were brilliant entertainment first class food good room not as good as previous visits but taking into account all bedrooms are being refurbished to a high standard we are looking forward to going back next year all in all great value for money

Room Tip: ask for refurbished room and high floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future