“Standards slipping”

Royal Seabank Hotel
Ranked #32 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
“Standards slipping”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here 5 year in a row and can honestly say I don't think I will be back was sitting in the lounge last night and a lady behind me had an umbrella up to keep dry now this isn't a new problem as the roofs been leaking for years but getting worse the bar staff can't pour a pint the cleaner must just be getting appearance money the sun lounge is nice but you can't see out the dirty windows and although the place is in the middle of a refurbishment it's to a poor standard and again the bar staff ( I own a bar ) are giving short measures but I don't think dishonestly I just think they are poorly trained

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Xcgt
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Xcgt,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

I remember speaking with you at the time with regards to the complaints that you have mentioned. As you were aware the weather was extremely bad during your stay and therefore caused leaks within the cabaret room. We have made repairs to the roof and continue to do so and I do apologise for the inconvenience whilst you were here.

Our bar staff are trained very highly and I believe that the member of staff that you refer to had just changed a barrel and this is why your drink had to be topped up, which she did without having to be asked.

And again, the very bad weather would be the reason behind the dirty windows as we are on the seafront. Please be assured that our windows are professionally cleaned on a weekly basis.

I spoke with the majority of your group whilst you were here and had nothing but positive feedback, however I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy all aspects of your holiday.

I do hope that your group will continue to return to the Royal Seabank Hotel, as we always enjoy the RamsHeid banter!

Kind Regards

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

myself and 2 others just back, we had a lovely time, once my friend had managed to get a lower floor room,which we had asked for when we booked it in april. entertainment was excellent.as was meals, thanks to ian and his staff. rooms are excellent,and having a seaview which I had booked for made it all the better. will be back in 2014.

Room Tip: higher floors have less fan noises from kitchen, also less noise from entertainment suite.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear florist123,

I would like to thank you for you taking the time to leave such a positive review.

It’s always extremely nice to hear feedback, I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team!

Largs, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Well just back from the royal seabank hotel blackpool i was there with my daughter granddaughter and grandson it was fantastic in every way cannot fault it in any way at all.The food was very good and plenty you could ask for extra and you could of got it no probleme ian was very friendly in the dinningroom The entertament was brilliant every night also playing bingo was good the bedrooms very clean and plenty room in it for the family room also plenty tea and coffee clean towels every day we are booked up for next year aswell cant wait to go back again everyone is so friendly in every way roll on next year

Room Tip: we were at the side to the back and no probleme at all
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank suzie666
Dear suzie666,

Kindest Regards

Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We have just returned from the royal seabank today we had fab food fab entertainment but most of all the staff were brilliant thare are no words to to describe them thay were by far the best staff in blackpool from Ian and his staff in the dining room to the reception staff and the bar staff who were all fab in helping my dad who has Parkinson's and is relyAnt. On help thank you to you all oh and big thanks to Steve who made us all welcome we will be back but don't worry wwe will leave dad at home Sylvia

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Seantrews
Dear Seantrews,

Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Was here for the 2nd time, great hotel rooms on the 4th floor very spacious and comfy but the lifts are very small and a nightmare, we had to use the stairs a few times, not very good when carrying luggage, not very disabled friendly either. The hotel has just bought over the hotel next door and are renovating the rooms, all I can say is WOW. Very nice, if you wanted to stay in the new rooms it would cost you an extra £15.00 per night but worth it.. The food was ok but the staff and entertainment was very good. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: The new renovated rooms are the best to go for.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lesley M
Dear mawmol,

We do have porters available on arrival/departure to assist with your luggage and lifts available to all floors.

Kind Regards

bellshill
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This Hotel provided us with the complete package. The rooms were extremely clean and well maintained throughout our whole stay at the hotel. The meals were excellent and the service great. Entertainment was such that we did not have to leave the hotel in the evenings the three nights we were there. The staff were extremely courteous and friendly. It was great value for money.

The only down side of our visit was that the lifts were extremely small and with some of our party elderly I will in future ask for rooms on the first or second floors.

I think we will be back next year.

Thank you Royal Seabank.

Anne Guy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank anne g
Dear CABBEL,

I apologise if you feel that the lifts were inadequate, they are constantly in use but are very reliable on the whole. It may be worth mentioning next time that you require a lower floor and this can be noted when the rooms are allocated.

Bellshill, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Was here for the weekend with l4 of my friends. We had a great time, staff very friendly, food was good. The only complaint I had was that the lifts were a nightmare. A few times we had to walk up and down and we were on the 4th floor, don't think the hotel is suitable for the disabled there are too many stairs. Apart from the complaint about the lifts the hotel was really good and will be going back. The superior rooms were lovely.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor, and really early in the morning we were awaked with the bottles being...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends