“School break to Blackpool”

Royal Seabank Hotel
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Run by Blackpool promotions, this trip was £39 pp for bus and two nights b&b. Our family room was badly in need of decor, but that aside the hotel was excellent. The staff are very helpful, breakfast and other meals were very good, drink prices were reasonable, and the nightly entertainment was fantastic. I would recommend this hotel, dependant on which room is available.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Jimmy,

The Royal Seabank Hotel is undergoing a complete refurbishment , there are only a handful of rooms to be finished, the work that has been carried out is to a very high standard. I am sorry your room was not adequate for your stay, but I am sure the next time you come all room's will have been modified.

I would like to thank you for you taking the time to leave your review.
It’s always extremely nice to hear feedback, I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Just back from 3 days at Royal Seabank Hotel. Room 304 should be condemned and pronounced unfit for human occupancy!!! Look at attached photos. The shower tray was filthy with ingrained muck, the lamp shades were stained badly, the stool was - sorry I cant find a word bad enough to describe it. I laid a towel over it to hide it. The decor in room was dirty, skirting boards had years of dust. The hot tap had no water but this got fixed by a pleasant young man. The carpet looks as though it has been there since the hotel was built!!
Entertainment was first class and the staff were lovely, and the meals were good. We complained but they couldn't move us as the hotel was full. The rooms that had been modernised were lovely - BUT we paid the same as the couple next door who had a 4 star room. NOT FAIR.

Room Tip: Room 303 was lovely
4  Thank Harrys_girl2014

Hi Harry,

We apologise if we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Your comments have been taken on board and are being dealt with via our head office.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We have just returned from a 3 night break at this hotel. It's laid out a little bit like Fawlty Towers with stairs going in all directions. Rooms are not large but perfectly adequate for 2 people, also clean and fresh. ours had a nice wee hill from the wall to the beds which was a bit odd but it added to the fun. A seaview was a bonus to our break as the weather was pretty chilly and windy so we could watch the sea misbehaving from the comfort of our room. Food was excellent, enough to sate a reasonable appetite but if you wanted a bit more you only had to ask the staff who were very polite and friendly. Entertainment was also quite good - bingo if you wanted to play it too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Christine,
I would like to thank you for you taking the time to leave such a positive review.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 8 February 2014

we got room 409 fourth floor horrible lifts the carpet was all bunched up you could not walk into the bathroom without the floor dipping a lot reported it 3 times nothing done beds it was like sitting on a sponge my back is bad I am disable the chair had a big stain on it couldent tell you what it was there was duck tape around the small shower at floor the bed spreads that were on must have been over 20 years old the meals were not good breakfast rubber sauage bacon you could sole your shoes with we paid to have or dinner there what a mistake I got chicken with a sauce you could not taste anything soup tasted of nothing we were so tight packed in the dinning ro0m igot up from the table 4 and fell over the tables and hurted myself as I am disable I was sent to a upstairs table with a stick

Room Tip: don't get room 409
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank cupcakes59
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

We are in the process of renovating our guest accommodation, with Blackpool Promotions investing heavily into this process. The room that you had been allocated is due to be modernised towards the end of this month. I apologise if you feel that this room was unacceptable, however if you had brought this to our attention at the time we may have been able to move your room. The only complaint I have on file is regarding the bathroom floor which was reported to the maintenance team during your stay by myself.

I have no record of any complaints regarding food during your stay. It is always a shame to receive a complaint after a guest has departed as this leaves us no opportunity to deal with the problem, I was certainly not aware that you had a fall within the restaurant as this was not reported to reception and furthermore we do not have any record within our accident book, I do hope that you were not badly injured.

I do hope that you will return in the near future where I will be only too happy to oversee your booking to ensure that you are allocated a suitable room. If I can be of any assistance at all, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Paid for superior room and were pleased with room we got. Clean, comfy, double bed, modern furniture, shower easy to use with hot water. Controls for heating so room temp exactly as desired.Staff all very welcoming, Ian always very accomodating and welcomed us to breakfast in morning.Scottish lad from snack bar,bar at night and even waited tables at meals was so friendly and helpful.Liked how,though had to be out room at 10am Ian put on bingo a song or two and music till buses came,passed time well.Food wasn't bad though felt 1 sausage 1 tiny egg,1 rasher bacon,1 slice toast bit small for a growing man like my husband.(asked for more toast next day)soup bit tasteless,lamb all bone and fat,rice pudd tasteless.BUT hey wasn't as if paid fortune.Blackpool promotions messed up buses and we were left stranded miles from home so if promised a taxi to your destination as bus isn't going to your allocated drop off point then DO phone them to check you WILL be met with alternative transport. On contacting them next day to complain they were certainly courteous,but had spoiled trip for us.Taking all into account Royal Seabank was good.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room, think likely as well to pay extra for superior room as its not much more.
3  Thank Truthfulady1

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed bed and breakfast and took evening meal. We had a great time off season. Very good value for money and top class service and cabaret was excellent. Not the ritz but rooms fine and only sky tv missing in lounge so we went out to nearby pub. Will return here again and a good location on seafront.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Sneddons

Dear Sneddons,

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Just back today after staying at this hotel.. Lovely and friendly staff..great entertainment. Lovely hotel..food was lovely.defo be going back..met some lovely people..wish we could have stayed longer..the room we had was 403 on the fourth floor..it was roasting ..defo dont need your heating on.in the room ..the room it self was lovely and clean..and cleaners cane in.everyday to clean even.on a sunday

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bigjank1972

Dear bigjank1972,

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.