Royal Seabank Hotel
US$83
Agoda.com
US$125
1,068 results
All reviewsblackpool promotionssea bankdining staffcabaret barnext yearfourth floorsea viewgreat entertainmentmy mumsuperior roomgreat holidaycleaned every dayentertainment every nightcant waitbar pricesreception stafffood was lovely
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went to Royal Seabank hotel with Blackpool promotions, never again. Checking in was chaos, people being brought in and people leaving in a small reception area. Superior rooms were lovely freshly decorated, but could have done with more space, we had superior twin and double both only had 1 chair, tv was on wall my aunt is only 4ft 11in, and bumped her head 3 times. the view was atrocious, there is a sign for the patio, it has been started but that is all. the restaurant, ran like clockwork, Ian and his staff are the best thing about the hotel, friendly and nothing too much trouble for them.The reception staff were also very good. On the way home the bus driver drove away before everybody was seated this resulting in my mother having a big bruise on her arm, considering most of the passengers are pensioners more care should have been taken, even though our bus had a representative on it. At next pick up a lady shouted down the bus to ask the driver if he could wait until she and her child were seated.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are nice, good showers, but lack space.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ALLISON C
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Allison C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay. I apologise for the issues involved in your coach journey, please be assured that I will pass on your feedback to Blackpool Promotions.

I do hope that you will return to us in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I went to this hotel on the 6th June 14, loved it so much I booked again for the 20th June. On both my visits I paid a bit extra for sea view rooms, and both rooms were lovely and clean, the 1st visit I was on the 2nd floor room 215, it was small but It was a single room so didn't expect it to be any more spacious , and it was very comfortable, you could hear the entertainment, as the room is directly above, but it really wasn't a problem, on my 2nd visit I was on the 4th floor, this had a double bed and was great, beautifully decorated, very clean and modern and plenty space,although I was on my own. the entertainment was good although I was generally out and didn't go often, but other people said it was a great night and the drink prices were reasonable. I was there for BB&EM, the restaurant manager Ian was not only a fantastic cook, but was a lovely man, who made you feel very welcome and went out of his way to please even the fussiest of guests, nothing was too much trouble for him, he is defiantly a credit to the hotel, I believe he also does the bingo and some entertaining, a top class gentleman. The food was plentiful and delicious, breakfast was the usual, full English or a variation of your choice, and a self service buffet with juices, cereals, fruit and porridge.As much toast & tea/coffee as you want. The maids were there every morning, to stock up your tea & coffee and anything else you required. There is 2 lifts both go to different sides of the hotel and only hold 2 people at a time, so expect queues for them when you check in, the staff on reception are generally very helpful, and if you can't manage your own case they will bring it to your room for you, and take it down on your departure. Check in is very busy, but the staff manage to get everyone settled quickly.This hotel is excellent value for money, but I would advise you pay a bit extra for a Superior room, as they are lovely with great new showers, and comfy beds. I have read other reviews where people complained about the amount of food you get, I can only imagine they must be incredibly large or greedy as the food is of excellent quality and there is more than enough for one person. My one and only moan is not with the hotel or staff, it's with the guests that appear to go on holiday to look for something to complain about. This is a great hotel situated right on the middle of the prom and close to all attractions, great staff, great food, great entertainment, good for couples, families, friends or solo travelers. It has everything you could possibly want from a hotel, OK perhaps not the Ritz, but an excellent value for money place to stay. Don't let some of the reviews put you off, some people you can never please. See you all again soon, as I have booked yet another holiday in a few weeks. Many Thanks For A Wonderful Stay.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view or Superior room if possible, it's definitely worth the little bit extra.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank EllieDundee

Dear EllieDundee,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of your stay with us.

Please be assured that I will pass your kind words onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Travelled with Blackpool Promotions from Scotland to the Royal Seabank to see Mamma Mia at the Winter Gardens (great show!). We paid an extra £5 per night for a superior room which really was superior. The hallway had new carpets, lovely mirrors and well designed artistic wall hangings which in it's self was worth the money.

The bedroom which appeared to be a new extension was superbly fitted out with a comfortable bed, units with a total of nine well sized drawers and a double wardrobe. The en-suite was large with totally new units, a powerful shower and the mirror at the wash hand basin which was highlighted by three down lights. The one downside is the view from the room (six) is non existent, however I have paid twice the price for a four star room in central London and the room we were allocated at the Royal Seabank was far superior. For the money we paid the food was fine, and the staff very attentive. Prices in the bar are cheaper than the local Wetherspoons and the free entertainment a real bonus as all the acts are true professionals.

Whist not a criticism of the hotel, our journey home was not until 3.00 pm so it was 10 pm before we arrived home.

Finally, would I recommend it - Yes, true value for money. John L

Room Tip: Pay the extra £5 for the upgrade...well worth the money.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JOHN L

Dear John L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying in one of our newly refurbished premier rooms, they are certainly worth the small supplement of £15.00 per person for a midweek or weekend break.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just back from the seabank, 3rd time this year , said it before and say it again great hotel , good food , good entertainment and great staff especially kelly and kenny. Even going back 18th august then early november,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank robert m

Dear Robert & Izzy,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your latest break with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in a few weeks.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just finished our weekend trip to the royal sea bank hotel. On arriving at the hotel the staff were not ready for new arrivals as the vouchers I had order were not there was asked to come back later which I did and was only given half the vouchers then had to wait till the following morning to get the rest. The bedroom are very basic and both wardrobes in my family room were broken (hinges hanging off) carpets badly stained and the hotel is like a sauna. On our last night my son was given his dinner which was still frozen when I tried to talk to the staff I was rudely interrupted by a member of the waiting staff and when I pointed out how rude this was I was accused of harassing the staff. I went to speak to the female manager about my complaint and she accused me of not completing the dinner form which I had and produced this for her she stood at reception telling the hotel guest that I was rude and had an attitude problem in fact she was the one in the wrong and should never spoken to a guest in that manner I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Suzylou25
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Suzylou25,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

I would like to state that we were ready for new arrivals and everybody was checked in promptly as they always are. We were waiting for a delivery for the hotel vouchers, which I did apologise for at the time. The missing vouchers were not brought to my attention until my arrival to work the next morning at 9.00am and this was immediately rectified.

There were no reports of the wardrobes within your room being broken at any point during your stay, which is a little unfair as this gives the hotel no opportunity to put the situation right.

The night that you refer to I was on duty and remember the incident clearly. I was in the kitchen at the time overseeing dinner service and heard raised voices coming from the restaurant, on entering I saw you behaving very aggressively towards two of our apprentice waitresses at which point I stepped in to ascertain what the problem was. On being made aware that your sons meal had been served cold I immediately had this changed within the kitchen and summoned the restaurant manager and head chef on duty. On speaking with the restaurant manager it became apparent that the kitchen had not received your order and on returning to the desk I had a conversation with you and tried to explain this to which you began raising your voice at me and shouting that I was accusing you of not filling in your order which I certainly wasn't as I was still investigating the matter. I did clearly state to you that the way in which I witnessed you speak to the staff was completely unacceptable, resulting in one of the waitresses coming to me in tears unable to finish her shift.

I am sorry that you will not be returning.

Regards