“brilliant”

Ranked #32 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Scotland Uk
“brilliant”
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Went here for my birthday only returning yesterday. Trip was organised through Blackpool promotions it was excellant on every point. Travelled with my mum we met some really great people staff and fellow holiday makers included who made this a brilliant holiday.

We had a room on the 4th floor which was absolutely brilliant it was huge. It was cleaned every day. Beds where changed regular as where the towels. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

The restraunt staff where very friendly and the food was great my only negative was that on one evening of our stay the service was so slow it was nearly non existant. Our table of 4 which conisted of me and my mum and another couple where one of the first group of people in the restaurant yet due to the extremely slow service we were one of the last to leave. We were given our soup which was finished before one group had even bothered their backside to come in for the five oclock meal time yet we were not given our main course until after said late group had ate their soup and been served their main course. Same thing happened yet again with the sweets we had finished our main course before nearly every other table in our section of the restaurant yet we waited 25 minutes after we had finished for our table to be cleared and our deserts to come all the other tables had been served theirs by this point and some had actually finished theirs. I found this totally unacceptable and one of my table companions complained to the head waiter and to his credit he sorted the problem out. However one should not have to complain to receive good service it should come as standard. I dont know maybe they didnt think we were going to be big tippers but lets just say they got a smaller tip than normal from me as the evening desribed above was not the only problem. On one occassion we had no milk on the table at breakfast which was not a problem to begin with but after 5 minutes of trying to attract the attention of the waitress without success and then having to walk accross the restaurant and ask someone for milk it becomes a problem. Then to come in to the restaurant on another occassion to discover they havent bothered to set a place at the table for you it starts to grate a little bit. However these where minor niggles which to be honest made us laugh and we had a good joke about it and in fairness one member of the waiting staff appeared to be doing the job of two as one of the waiting staff seemed to keep disappearing and on the evening we waited 25 minutes for our sweet she disappeared completly for best part of half an hour.

That all said and done food was great lots of choices (provided your not a vegeitarian if you are hope you like pasta). Food was always hot, tasted fantastic and was plentiful both at dinner and at breakfast.

The entertainment was first class and was mixture of singing and comedian acts. There was also bingo and during the day there was bingo, quizes and game show type entertainment on offer on some days.

This is a very friendly hotel which is closing end of February for a few weeks for some refurbishment hope they put in a ramp down to the lifts to make it more wheelchair/disabled friendly. In fact I hope they are making it more disabled friendly all together as this is a great hotel with many elderly repeat guests many of whom are very frail and use aid such as zimmer frames and sticks to get around.

There is a pool room which is great for the kids for during bingo. There is a downstairs bar/cafe which sells meals that were brillaint and a brillaint price. There is also the upstairs cabaret bar where the entertaintment took place. Some of the other guests commented that they could hear the entertainment from their room on the second floor so something to think about if booking.

Rooms all have tea and coffee facilities, all have 22inch lcd tv with large variety of digital/freeview channels and all are ensuite with either bath or shower. Our bathroom was in need of a refurbishment but was very clean.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank sparkieplug24
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Sparkie Plug,
I would like to thank you for you taking the time to leave such a positive review.
It’s always extremely nice to hear feedback, I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
dundee
Reviewed 4 January 2011

Rooms were filthy. Sinks in bathroom were never cleaned the days we were there. Comedians sang the same songs and told the same jokes.This experience has put my partner and myself off Blackpool for good.

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank maggsDundee
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Visited for twixmas 27-30 December 2010 along with wives and wheelchair using brother. Staff very helpful and vast improvement in food and facilities in rooms since last visit in June 2010. Premises closing in February 2011 for more refurbishment and hopefully making it more disabled accessable. Disabled toilet located in ground floor restaurant near entrance to premises. Keep up the good work Royal Seabank and thank you all staff especially Kenny.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family

Falkirk
Reviewed 11 December 2010

Just returned from a 4 day break.Where else could you get that for #59.I had my 7year old grand daughter with me so chose to stay in the hotel for our evening meal as i didnt want to be walking the streets looking for somewhere to eat.I paid 30pound for the 3 nights evening meals.For this we got boiling hot soup,a choice of main courses and a sweet.That ammounted to 6 meals for 30pound.Great value.The staff in the dining room could not do enough for you.We then stayed in the hotel for the evening entertainment which was fantastic,special mention to Steve who was a great entertainments manager.Ihave beengoing to this hotel at least once a year for more than 20 years,with my husband,my mother and my grand daughter and i would say it caters for all ages.A fabulous holiday made by great staff,i would always choose the Seabank.

• Stayed December 2010

glasgow
Reviewed 9 November 2010

WONT BE BACK , food is awful ,dont take gammon steak(its a wafer thin slice of bacon) avoid steak pie, 4 of the party went without dinner as the stew was like leather even waiter agreed about the complaints ,chips were disgusting we sent them back 3 times and had to eventually go to manager ,breakfast is not much better,poorest full english i have seen in years of going to blackpool ,dont ask for more milk(we had 2 small jugs between 8) waitress collected more milk from 3 other tables that the other guests had left ,couldnt believe it ,,booking in/out is a shambles as people arriving off bus and people trying to get back on same bus ,as there is lots of elderly people its an accident waiting to happen ,manager offered apoligies to our complaints ,heard lots of other guests complain as well about the same problems ,blackpool promotions going right down hill ,not much of a good deal when you get there ,very poor value for money

• Stayed November 2010
3 Thank sandy01Glasgow
alloa
Reviewed 7 November 2010

just back from the seabank and cant believe the laugh we had, group of 37 ranging from 32 - 78 yr olds, entertainment was great and all the staff were amazing really friendly and happy to help, situated at a great point , rooms were fine for the price we payed , will be back again next year.

• Stayed October 2010

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2010

went there with my mum whos elderly that was the second time we went we were there the year before. Staff were friendly and very nice to my mother, she loved it the food was good and our room was spacious if a bit tired they have wifi available and the entertainment was second to none

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple