“Please take note of BAD reviews!!!!!!!”
Review of Balmoral Hotel

Balmoral Hotel
Ranked #54 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
London, United Kingdom
“Please take note of BAD reviews!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner,unfortunately and now would like to warn everyone to stay away.
I have stayed in many hotels/bbs but never have I wanted to go home,immediately!!....My room was dirty,
Dusty and clearly hadnt been cleaned for quite sometime.My sheets were stained and pillows sweat stained [ or stained with something]
The shower was filthy,carpets rotton and
the entire room grotty.
The breakfast was disgusting.The eggs were swimming in god knows what and the toast was stone cold.
I reported my issues to the manager but I was met with aggression and a lecture about "being pissed off with guests"
Charming!!!!!!!
I suggest he changes his attitude with immediate effect.The day before we left infact,he was really having a go at an elderly lady who was asking for her coffee to be warmed up!!!!!....I defiantly wouldnt want my mum to stay there.
Stuff nightmares are made from.
Im writing this NOT FOR A FREE holiday but to stop anyone even bothering to book here.AVOID!!!
I have just written to thr tourist board regarding my experience as I feel this hotel should be investigated.Perhaps simply sacking the tyrant manager would make a.difference..it would be a start anyway.
Please do yourself a favour and go elsewhere.I dread to think what would happen if an elderly resident wanted warm toast!!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Debbie116
BalmoralH, Manager at Balmoral Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Dear Debbie 116

I am sorry for the delay in replying to your review of the hotel, this is because I have taken the time to thoroughly investigate your review and its issues.

The Hotel keeps very comprehensive records of complaints raised and on consulting these records I have found no evidence of you raising any complaint to my staff about your room. I have spoken to all my dining room staff and no complaint was raised with them re your breakfast either. The Manager does not recall the conversation mentioned and indeed he is far too professional to talk to a guest in the manner suggested by you. In addition no member of staff can recall any guest called Debbie around the time of your review. I have also spoken to some of our regular guests and none can recall you or had any issues themselves.

Regarding the matters contained in this review:-
The hotel has been very busy and we have had a high turnover in rooms, on departure all rooms are cleaned from top to bottom. Given the high turnover hence frequent cleaning it is very unlikely that your room was dusty and dirty, and if so then another guest would also have brought this to our attention, none did.

The bed linen is supplied to us by a very reputable linen company and they carry out quality inspections of all linen before it is supplied to us. In addition the house keeping staff would have returned any unsuitable linen back to source. This issue appears to be unfounded.

I note you say that you wanted to leave immediately yet you were still there at breakfast, without raising a complaint. This suggests that all was not as you say. Nobody would stay in a room in the state you describe.

The eggs served at Breakfast are cooked in good quality corn based oil and I can assure you the chef is so proud of his standards that it would astound me if your description of the eggs were true. Toast loses heat very quickly and if it had gone cold by the time you were ready to eat it then a replacement would have been given to you had you asked.

As for the elderly lady and her coffee, I don’t understand why the manager would want to give the lady a hard time over this simple request. No guest that I have contacted recalls any incident of this nature and no complaint was made by any person re this matter.

As there is no evidence and no information from yourself I can only come to the conclusion that this is a totally malicious attempt to sabotage this business. As such this review is suspicious to say the least.

If you were a guest and genuinely do have a grievance then could you kindly forward me the details with the date and room number and I will further investigate the matter again and get in touch with you. At the very least a copy of the letter sent to the Tourist Board to back your statement up is normal protocol in these matters.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Polish first
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Just returned home from our 3rd visit to the balmoral. Had a great time as always, Every member of staff are really friendly and helpful, Fantastic position to sit and watch the world go by in the sea view lounge and bar,Great entertainment in the evenings, Lovely food, Very clean in all areas of the hotel, No complaints whatsoever, If you are thinking of taking a break in Blackpool The Balmoral is the place to stay, Dont try the rest because this is the best!!!

Room Tip: book a sea view room, small supplement but definately worth it
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
BalmoralH, Manager at Balmoral Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you so much for this - great to know that you have a great stay with us. Best Regards Mr M.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We book a room for 4 nights through their online website as its more cheaper than booking to them on the phone double the price of what it says online i ask if they can give the price same as online to take off the commission but instead their reason is because its bank holiday that's why its more expensive? It doest make sense!!!
We arrive with heavy bags as we are staying 4 nights and with kids and no offer of helping us with our bags. As we get in to the room (310), we are so disappointed as its the smallest family room you could ever seen and the bathroom is a joke you have to open the door to use the tiny sink. Toilet is very old and wood toilet sit stank!!! Lights covered with white paint!! Shower goes from too hot and then too cold!!!And you have to be skinny to fit in it! And there is nowhere you can put your toiletries!!!and to hang towels. Bed is so uncomfortable is like sleeping in an hard wood with sheet and unwashed stained orange blanket. And top cover smells and blood stain on them so we took it off and put it side of wardrobe! There is an extra pillow in wardrobe but there is no cover on it! And the carpet is not been hoovered for a long time!!!
Breakfast is OK tin of mushroom,tin of tomato over cooked sausage and cold toast!!!When i ask waitress for another toast she said to me "In a minute"!!! and it never came!
Barman is very friendly though always ask if everything ok.
Nice location just near central pier but not definitely 5min walk to pleasure beach as it says to their online website!!
I would not recommend this Hotel to anyone and definitely wont stay again!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank chezza509
BalmoralH, Manager at Balmoral Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Dear Chezza509, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, only wish that you had taken the time to inform the management about the issues you have raised in it. That does not make sense, do you agree?. Re prices online and for off line booking can sometimes vary and over Bank holidays in particular, our overheads are higher which has to be accounted for in the prices we charge. It is correct that you should get better prices when you book direct and this we do offer where possible pending on the time of season. We apologise if there was any confusion over this issue regarding your booking. The issues with the your bedroom and breakfast, if they were as bad as you have stated any normal guests would not have stayed, yet you put up with it for the full duration of y our holidays without showing any signs of dissatisfaction.. Extraordinary!
Your comment regarding- not wanting to stay with us in the future- THANK YOU- you would be doing us a favour and furthermore all the staff not just the bar man are excellent here at the Balmoral Hotel Blackpool.

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Would just like to say thanks to all at the Balmoral for a brilliant weekend. Nice and relaxed atmosphere and good food and company.
Special thanks to the manager for his wonderful support and help when we needed it.. There are some dreadful hotels in Blackpool and this is certainly not one of them. Have stayed before and will certainly be back. Good wishes to you all and hope to see you again next time

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank family379
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2012

this is one of the best hotels me@my wife have stayed at,the management,staff,cooks,and all other peopel associated with this hotel,where greeeeeeeeeeat,no task to hard for then,helpfull to a tee,food greeeeeeeat(thanks chef),clean@tidy all round,m was great too thanks mate,for all your help,best of luck with everything,hope too see u again in september.john@carol sunderland

Room Tip: just go and enjoy, youll love it.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ginger0191
millisle northern ireland
Reviewed 20 July 2012

just home from a two week break at the Balmoral. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel so welcome and the staff could not do enough for us.The hotel was very clean and situated in a prime location.The food was great and our compliments to the chef. we will definitely be back to stay. Well done BALMORAL HOTEL and a big thank you to Mr M and all his staff from Debbie and Billy

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Just back from a three day break. The room was ok with new furniture. The bed was a divan with metal head and foot board which squeezed with the slightest movement sheets were clean. Decor is dated. The bathroom was a mess. There was a shower curtain folded in half held up by curtain wire where the cubical door should have been.
We didn't get any housekeeping or towels changed our full stay. Our room was 202 and looked out the back. It was hot and when we opened the window we got the smell of the kitchen coming in.
Breakfast was ok.
Entertainment was ok too.

• Stayed July 2012