“Lovely, friendly and accommodating”
Review of Hawkes Hotel

Hawkes Hotel
Ranked #276 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We'd stayed here before so I rang and booked two nights direct with the owners. Throughout the booking process they were friendly and helpful, even when I changed dates a couple of times. We arrived a day early after having a poor experience elsewhere, and having phoned ahead knew that there was going to be no problem.
Our greeting at the door was like coming home. We were given a lovely big family room with a nice big bed, ensuite and modern tv. The high victorian ceilings gave the room an even larger and more spacious feeling and the lovely curved corner bay window offered unparalleled views of the prom and the street through about 270 degrees.
Breakfast was as good as before, fresh farm produce, choice of cereals etc. and Linda even asked us what time we wanted it, (a far cry from the Great Yarmouth hotel we'd stayed in earlier in the week where breakfast was a regimental 8 to 8.30am).
We stayed three days in total and felt very relaxed and welcome. We will be sure to return here any time we are back in Blackpool.

Room Tip: Front rooms have good views of the prom.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dangerousbryman

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Thank you to Linda, and Paul for a lovely weeks stay at The Hawkes Hotel.
Spotlessly clean, excellent food, very friendly, and helpful staff, nothing was too much trouble. What a pleasure it has been to find such a great place, we will certainly be staying here again.
Joan & George White (24th Aug to 31st Aug - Room 1)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I am a disabled guest with limited walking ability, and because of this I telephoned to book. I spoke to Linda who told me that she had a small family room on the first floor which she would reserve for me. When we arrived we were greeted by Paul who told us they had saved a front off-road parking space for us to make it easy for us to come and go. Throughout our stay this thoughtful and helpful attitude continued to be shown to us by Linda, Paul and all the other staff at the hotel, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. Full English Breakfast freshly cooked individually is top quality as well as fruit juice, cereals and plentiful toast. We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say I'm usually fussy when it comes to booking hotels but this was first one I came across on Internet I read reviews and thought surely these reviews can't be true? Well do read what you see because this is the best hotel I have every been to in blackpool, Linda and Paul are 2 of the most welcoming people I have ever come across and not forgetting little scrappy and billy my 6 year old became so attached to them he was crying when wee got into car to go home,rooms were spotless beds were comfortable plus tv has free view, now onto breakfast so fresh and warm and a large choice of cereals and endless toast ;)) just want to say thanks for our lovely stay hope to make it down next year x from the McDowall family from glasgow xx

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This b&b was clean welcoming and a pleasure to stay in. We had the top floor and the view was pretty good for a b&b.Linda the owner of the b&b was fantastic she was very helpfully about the local area. The breakfast lasted all day and we didn't need to eat until 3/4 pm plus Linda was able to give us a good choice of breakfast. Would highly recommended this b&b to anyone

Room Tip: Linda will but you in a room which will fit in with your needs
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I selected this BnB because of the lovely comments written about Linda...and I was right to do so. Linda was so welcoming that my son asked if she was another friend I was catching up with! The kids loved the dogs, hubby loved the readily supplied beer and me the welcoming cuppa. The day was the windiest I have ever experienced but we still took a walk along the pier which is just across the road.

Beds very comfy. Breakfast was lovely. We would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Tell Linda what you want and she will set you right
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Avy67
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Linda and Paul are excellent hosts, nothing to much trouble, they make you feel welcome, the rooms are spotless with towel changes every day. the breakfast was first class. they made our stay a very good one we enjoyed our time there and will recommend this hotel very highly. we will always go back there every time we go to Blackpool no more looking around for us.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple