“great stay”
Review of Touchwood Hotel

Touchwood Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Touchwood Hotel
Ranked #719 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 October 2012

had a great stayat the touch wood yet again great hotel u are made to feel welcome nothing is a trouble for wiliam and cris if u looking for a good hotel to stay while in blackpool then stay at the touch wood

Room Tip: if u want a good weekend in blackpool stay at the touchwood the rooms are nice and clean and the be...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank morrismajor1

Reviewed 13 August 2012

booked and paid for our 7 nights stay only to be told they were over booked on arrival.
the things we have heard from other people we are glad they had no rooms left we were very
lucky to find a very good hotel in same road NORFOLK HOUSE Mandi and terry are the best
mine host

Room Tip: do not book with this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SYDNEY H
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We booked a 2 day trip 2 blackpool to finish off our holiday . Booked online and the hotel is nothing like the pictures this is a false impression. When i read reviews i think people never say anything good but honestly there is nothing good about this hotel. I have 2 young kids 7 and 2 and when i arrived the floors were dirty they were smoking in the living area . There was a great big dobberman dog there that was as big as a horse and my 7 year old is scared of dogs it is also in the area that you have breakfast. When we arrived the owner then told my husband it was a swingers hotel and they had busy seasons as they held swingers partys thats prob why all those other people have had there bookings cancelled. No soap also the only bed and breakfast i have ever known to not make your beds for you. I actually think the place should be closed down and think health and hygiene should visit. The owner was serving breakfast in the same dirty clothes as the night before . I want looking for much but clean and tidy and what it said on the tin. This hotel is none of them should be called Torchwood and burn down .

Room Tip: Anywhere in the same street
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank Nicola D
Reviewed 7 August 2012

how can the touchwood run a buisness by letting ppl down all the time!!!! we were all booked in confirmation by email for my wife,my 6yr old son and i for a fab weekend in blackpool only to be informed via email 15 mins away from blackpool that they had no room for us !!!!! help . panic set in as we arrived in blackpool so we phone them up only to get oh sorry !!!!!! u booked over the internet and we are full up !!! we booked a week in advance and only recieved the email once we were nearly there !!!!! it is the hotels duty to let the booking agent know if they have rooms available or not !!!! very poor service and they didn`t seem to even care that we had nowhere to sleep !!! thanks to the BAMFORD hotel for squeezing us in at short notice we had a great weekend as they did seem to care that we had nowhere to sleep thx soooooooooooo much guys fab stay !!! i wouldn`t recommend ever booking at the touchwood unless you are prepared to maybe sleep in the street !!!!

Room Tip: bamford hotel york street
Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank rckymev
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Booked and paid for our 2 nights in advance and received confirmation of booking. Thinking we had accommodation, about 20 minutes outside of Blackpool, we received an email message stating that Touchwood couldn't accommodate us. Not everyone has access to emails on their mobiles, so we would only have been told our paid for accommodation was no longer available when we arrived at Touchwood!

We arrived in Blackpool, tried to contact Touchwood but the telephone number provided was incorrect. After receiving the correct number from Tourism Information, a very unhelpful man stated that they were overbooked. I explained that it is unacceptable to be advised 20 minutes before our arrival that we now have no accommodation. I said I have a young child with me, no accommodation now and no additional money to lay out for another room. His advice was for me to ring back at 6pm! How was that supposed to help me find alternative accommodation?! Sorry, was his reply! Fortunately Tourism Information managed to find us accommodation at a lovely, clean hotel, Bamford House, which is run by professional people, unlike those at Touchwood! We could have had a ruined weekend, with a disappointed child, but fortunately we were able to pay for another hotel. I have been advised to report this disgraceful, unprofessional behaviour to Trading Standards, which I will be doing. Avoid at all costs!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I booked Touchwood online 4 weeks in advance of our stay only to find out the day before travelling that my booking had been cancelled by the hotel in order for them to accomodate some of their friends they had forgotten were going to stay. I only found this out as i rang to check details otherwise i wouldn't have known until i turned up at the desk. I had paid in full too and received confirmation of booking from hotel and payment from paypal. So i had less than 24hrs to arrange alternative accomodation for me and my party. No easy task as it was the Open Golf tournament and everywhere was full up!! Not a place to trust, even using online booking and getting confirmation means you have a room to stay in it seems. Very dissapointed to say the least.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2012

we have been staying at the touchwood hotel for the past 2years it is a exellent hotel chris and william have allways made u welcome and we have become good friends we stayed 4 nites was exellet we are going back in september for the lights if u are wanting agreat hotel to stay in blackpoo please stay at the touch wood u will recive a great welcome

Room Tip: the rooms are very good
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends