Touchwood Hotel
US$74
Lyndene Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$37
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$57
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 October 2012

had a great stayat the touch wood yet again great hotel u are made to feel welcome nothing is a trouble for wiliam and cris if u looking for a good hotel to stay while in blackpool then stay at the touch wood

Room Tip: if u want a good weekend in blackpool stay at the touchwood the rooms are nice and clean and the beds a vey comfotable
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank morrismajor1
Reviewed 13 August 2012

booked and paid for our 7 nights stay only to be told they were over booked on arrival.
the things we have heard from other people we are glad they had no rooms left we were very
lucky to find a very good hotel in same road NORFOLK HOUSE Mandi and terry are the best
mine host

Room Tip: do not book with this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SYDNEY H
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We booked a 2 day trip 2 blackpool to finish off our holiday . Booked online and the hotel is nothing like the pictures this is a false impression. When i read reviews i think people never say anything good but honestly there is nothing good about this hotel. I have 2 young kids 7 and 2 and when i arrived the floors were dirty they were smoking in the living area . There was a great big dobberman dog there that was as big as a horse and my 7 year old is scared of dogs it is also in the area that you have breakfast. When we arrived the owner then told my husband it was a swingers hotel and they had busy seasons as they held swingers partys thats prob why all those other people have had there bookings cancelled. No soap also the only bed and breakfast i have ever known to not make your beds for you. I actually think the place should be closed down and think health and hygiene should visit. The owner was serving breakfast in the same dirty clothes as the night before . I want looking for much but clean and tidy and what it said on the tin. This hotel is none of them should be called Torchwood and burn down .

Room Tip: Anywhere in the same street
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank Nicola D
Reviewed 7 August 2012

how can the touchwood run a buisness by letting ppl down all the time!!!! we were all booked in confirmation by email for my wife,my 6yr old son and i for a fab weekend in blackpool only to be informed via email 15 mins away from blackpool that they had no room for us !!!!! help . panic set in as we arrived in blackpool so we phone them up only to get oh sorry !!!!!! u booked over the internet and we are full up !!! we booked a week in advance and only recieved the email once we were nearly there !!!!! it is the hotels duty to let the booking agent know if they have rooms available or not !!!! very poor service and they didn`t seem to even care that we had nowhere to sleep !!! thanks to the BAMFORD hotel for squeezing us in at short notice we had a great weekend as they did seem to care that we had nowhere to sleep thx soooooooooooo much guys fab stay !!! i wouldn`t recommend ever booking at the touchwood unless you are prepared to maybe sleep in the street !!!!

Room Tip: bamford hotel york street
Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank rckymev
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Booked and paid for our 2 nights in advance and received confirmation of booking. Thinking we had accommodation, about 20 minutes outside of Blackpool, we received an email message stating that Touchwood couldn't accommodate us. Not everyone has access to emails on their mobiles, so we would only have been told our paid for accommodation was no longer available when we arrived at Touchwood!

We arrived in Blackpool, tried to contact Touchwood but the telephone number provided was incorrect. After receiving the correct number from Tourism Information, a very unhelpful man stated that they were overbooked. I explained that it is unacceptable to be advised 20 minutes before our arrival that we now have no accommodation. I said I have a young child with me, no accommodation now and no additional money to lay out for another room. His advice was for me to ring back at 6pm! How was that supposed to help me find alternative accommodation?! Sorry, was his reply! Fortunately Tourism Information managed to find us accommodation at a lovely, clean hotel, Bamford House, which is run by professional people, unlike those at Touchwood! We could have had a ruined weekend, with a disappointed child, but fortunately we were able to pay for another hotel. I have been advised to report this disgraceful, unprofessional behaviour to Trading Standards, which I will be doing. Avoid at all costs!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family