“An absolutely fabulous time”
Review of Astoria Hotel

Astoria Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Astoria Hotel
Ranked #531 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We spent new year at the Astoria and could not have asked for more. The hotel is clean, tidy, and the owners and staff are the nicest and most helpful people you can hope for. I would recommend The Astoria to anybody. It is perfectly positioned for the centre of town and the breakfasts are fabulous.
I can't wait to go back. Already booked for next new year!

1  Thank RTF1963

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Returned to the Astoria for 3 nights over New Year and as with our previous stay it was excellent.

Val and Tony along with Kim and Gemma really are the perfect team. Nothing is too much trouble, the room, dining room, reception, bar, everything clean, tidy and welcoming.

New years eve was a blast and Val had even put on a buffet along with entertainment (2 very good professional singers along with Gemma lol) and we have already booked to go back next year.

The choice of breakfast is very good but you've got to try the Full English, it really is lovely and piping hot.

I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this lovely, friendly, well run Hotel.

1  Thank toffeequeen
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We booked the Astoria Hotel for new years eve at very last minute, When we arrived we were made instantly welcome and was made to feel at ease. After being shown to our room we unpacked and checked the room out as every body does lol, we were more than happy with the room as it was their last one and even though it was small it was very nice and just what we needed the bed was very comfortable and the room was very well presented and had everything you needed.

The food was very nice and the staff are very helpful, on our first night it was the owners birthday and she was behind the bar having a laugh with everyone and smiling away which i personally thought was very nice to see. The service was very quick as well and if you wanted extra you only needed to ask and they were more than happy to help.

On my first night my girlfriend and I went out to explore and I tripped and sprained my ankle servilely we got a taxi back to the hotel and the owner couldn't do enough for me, she brought me an ice pack and let me put my foot up on a stool after a few hours she told me to take the ice pack and use it through out the night which really helped my ankle no end.

Our last night was new years eve where we were made very welcome and really enjoyed the entertainment provided, the first drink was provided for free anything you wanted first one on the house the hospitality was absolutely fantastic and you couldn't wish for nicer people to dance the night away to see the new year in.

If you want a nice polite environment where everybody is happy to help and the rooms are very clean and well presented then you must try the Astoria Hotel

3  Thank David E
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Stayed over in December for a works do. The warm and friendly service and the way we were looked after was 5 star, our hosts couldn't do enough for us. As they weren't full, we were immediately given an upgrade and both of our rooms were excellent. They'd really made an effort with the decor and a generous hospitality tray and good size kettle. The location is excellent and central, the rooms are well furnished and the bed large and very comfortable. The en suite and shower was a little cramped due to the large full sized sink, but at the price we were charged I felt luckly to have an ensuite. Breakfast is excellent. Generosity of spirit at a very small and reasonable price.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back away from the main road may be quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Had a lovely stay. The hosts were friendly and knowledgable. The restaurant recommendations were very good. The room was just right for what we needed and great value for money. All in all a great weekend.

Room Tip: Any room is good
Reviewed 7 December 2012

To some looking in from the outside it doesn't look any different to many others in the road. I can assure you all after visiting 2 other B&B's on the same road that it is different. The price may be the same low price but the service and quality of rooms and breakfast is much better. The quality of service and the helpfulness of the staff were impeccable. The staff could not do anything more to make our stay any better. Even after serving drinks in the bar in the evening they were up earlier than normal to make breakfast for us due to a early start for a dance competition at Winter Gardens. My family used 4 rooms in total and each one was clean and comfortable. The rooms were well sized with small on suite facilities. The beds were clean and comfortable with plenty of pillows! The breakfasts were lovely and good portions of a full english breakfast plus cereals, yogurts, tea, coffee and juice. Eggs can sometimes be a problem in some B&B's but they could do hard and soft yokes every morning to order. The bar was well stocked and reasonably priced. I had never stayed at the Astoria before but i definitely will again as it soon felt like a home from home. I can honestly say the staff working there are all brilliant but special thank you goes to Gemma and Kim who went above and beyond to make sure our stay was a good one and that we had everything we could need.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Emma V
Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

Just what I expected having read the revues on trip advisor. It is rather noisy with traffic noise and thin walls and it is a bit chilly and a bit dated and the room is quite small. You cannot bend over the sink with the bathroom door closed. However the location is brilliant and it is terrific value for money. We returned at 10:20 pm and there were no staff to see and the bar area was deserted. In the morning many people were having breakfast unwashed and in their night clothes. Breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: December 2012