“Lovely Hotel”
Review of Delton Hotel

Delton Hotel
Ranked #330 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Reception staff very polite and welcoming, didnt eat evening meal or breakfast insted went into Blackpool, ideal location for all the ameanaties, great price through late rooms at £50 per night. Nice rooms for a 3*, free parkig which saved about £10, would stay again.

Room Tip: Try Late Rooms.com
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loz and Kay W
There are newer reviews for Delton Hotel

Reviewed 11 October 2010

My self, my fiance our son, my sisters family and her two young children and my mum and dad stayed here for my mums retirement weekend, friday/Sat, home on the sunday. Keith who part owns the hotel with his mum is a lovely man, we stayed there for dinner, bed and breakfast, dinner was okay nothing fantastic, was edable, breakfast was good. The bedrooms are a good size, the beds could do with getting replaced as they are soft and springy, but since I have a memory foam mattress, anything would feel springy if not memory foam. they had entertainment on the friday and sat jight and got a free bottle of wine with our dinner on the friday night. Over all, if looking for a clean, polite family run hotel, this is the place to stay if your on a budget. The big blue hotel is across the road, so paying £68.00 for 2 nights for DBB in the delton compared to £78.00 per night at the big blue there is no comparison.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank AilzNewmains
Reviewed 6 October 2010

My Husband and I spent a week at the Delton Hotel, we had a very enjoyable time, the Hotel was very clean, comfortable and we had an excellent english breakfast, all the staff were very friendly. Lorraine and Tony Webster

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LORRAINE57LONDON
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Good location at the South Pier which meant you couldn't hear all the noise of the bars, clubs and noisy hens/stags. The room itself was a reasonable size which was fine for our 2 night stay. The carpet looked and felt new, and there was an LCD tv on the wall which we got all the freeview channels on.The staff were also very friendly and there was a small lift which was great after a full days walking up and down the front.
The only downside was that the wardrobes smelt a bit fusty, and the hotel charges £6 for breakfast. We didnt pay that so we went to the pub each morning which was about a 15-20minute walk away and had 2 full english breakfasts a cup of tea and a pint of coke for less than £9. Also the single pillow we had, was flat as a pancake. We folded it in half to double the thickness but it was still way too flat. Id advise you take your own.
The hotel was very close to the Pleasure beach which is good, but a bit of a rip off now seeing as you have to pay £5 to get in even if you don't go on a ride. My boyfriend and I spend £26 and we only went on 3 rides!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2010

On arrival my sister and myself were greated by a lovely friendly lady, we had no booking and arrived on spec she showed us the room making us feel very welcome and as she only had a double room saying that we were welcome to look and say no should we not wish to share a bed, as we're sister we didn't care it looked lovely and clean and she was very quick to put extra towels and cups into the room. At £25 each for the night including breakfast we were really happy, she showed us where to park my car asking us what time we would be leaving the next day to ensure that we would be able to have access to it due to the nature of the car park. We came back late on the Sat night to find the barman singing Elvis which made out night we thought this was a lovely if unexpected extra. We had a lovely confortable nights sleep and went for breakfast which was lovely, the staff were really freindly and the breakfast was really nice with plently of tea and coffee just waht we needed before out journey home. We didn't have to be out of out room until 11.30 so we had plently of time to sort out packing before we had to leave. I'm only sorry that there was no one on the desk so we could have thanked them personally before we left. Would definetely recommend this hotel and am even thinking of booking in to take my kids to see the illuminations in October if they have any rooms available. Excellent

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2010

My partner, children and I have stayed at the Delton many times and we'd all agree that our stays there have been fantastic value for money, a great location, warm, homely and very friendly staff have always made us feel welcome. The whole hotel is extremely well kept and clean, our bathrooms have always been scrupulously clean in particular (and I can be extremely picky and fussy) as have the bedrooms. As a tell-tale, I can vouch for the comments made by Keith in that the carpets are professionally cleaned often. As a hotel the furnishings must take some wear and tear, but the admirable efforts that the staff make in the upkeep are truly evident. I've stayed in what some would consider the best hotels in Blackpool and they haven't always been as clean nor paid as much attention to detail as the Delton. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel providing great, friendly, true value for money accommodation in Blackpool. 'We'll be back...." :)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Was warmly greeted by the landlady on arrival. Paid £50 for our room (July holidays). Room was clean however the decor was old fashioned e.g avacado bathroom, heavily patterened carpets, floral decor. After going our for a meal we decided to drink in the bar. The barstaff were friendly and the drinks cheap! Breakfast was average. Cheap sausages etc... but one again staff were very friendly. The b & b is situated opposite the pleasure beach which was good and was able to get a parkingspace at the hotel but take care we were blocked in and unable to move vehicle.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
bfc1953, Manager at Delton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2010

I can not believe your comments, Paying £ 50.00 for 2 people inc breakfast in a room that had 2 double beds, and en - suite although it being a AVACADO suite. The reason why we have AXMINSTER heavily patterned carpets is due to the volume of traffic that goes over it during a year.
All our carpets are cleaned twice a year and i don't mean vacuumed i mean cleaned. On the subject of Breakfast you are the first person in 28 years to ever call it Average, Should you wish to book in a Boutique chic hotel with ultra modern furnishings be warned it will cost you a lot more than £ 25.00 per person. We offer clean, comfortable accommodation at a very reasonable price.
Judging by your other reviews it seems you are a very hard person to please and yes the Staff and Owners are very friendly. With note to parking had you have said when you booked in that you require your car we would have made sure that you had access to it.