“Very friendly and welcoming couple :-)”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Norfolk House Hotel
Ranked #529 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Kirkby in Ashfield, England, United Kingdom
“Very friendly and welcoming couple :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Mandi & Terry thank you very much you provided us with accomadation when we had been double booked in other hotels and had to ride round blackpool on a wet friday afternoon :-(, you made us feel very welcome helped us with our bags sorted parking space for us and made us tea what more of a friendly welcome could you ask for :-),
Norfolk House is a clean very friendly run hotel with nice spacious rooms and hearty english breakfast and free wifi what more could you ask for :-). look forward to going back again next time we go to blackpool.
Mandi & Terry thank once again very much for your hospitality all the best Trevor and Neil.

Room Tip: just ask Mandi & Terry and let them guide you best.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

if u want a good guest house me and my husband suggest that u go to the norfolk house it got a warm welcome when u get there the owners mandi and terry are very nice host they make it homely 4 u and all the rooms have on en/suite they have famliy rooms aswell me and my husband are going bk next month cos we enjoyed it there and we could not ask for better host thank u all from lisa and tony higman

Room Tip: the rooms are very nice and clean and u could not choose a room cos thy are very nice room u get evr...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Booked for a night 1 night stay .... wasnt sure what to expect, not disappointed at all!1 minute walk to the promenade was a total bonus! hotel is lovely clean and welcoming, could not do enough to make you feel at home, we stayed in the family room, plenty of room and storage and en suite was a real bonus. food great, i would definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pammy396
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

the rooms are so clean and you get free wfi i am going back on the 29.8.2011 as it was so good get the train to balkpool south then walk for about 5mins

Room Tip: lovely room
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Wales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

Wednesday 27th July 2011 a gentleman from the Touchwood Hotel on St Chads Road was assisting myself and my friends to find a room and a restaurant. Whilst directing me into a parking space on St Chads Road, outside The Norfolk House, 3 people - 1 man and 2 women came out shouting and swearing that I could not park outside their hotel, these people I believe to be the owners of Norfolk House. When I tried to explain that the gentleman was helping me park due to my disability, I have a blue badge, 1 of the women said "if you can't walk you shouldn't be out then" and proceed to verbally abuse me.
The incident upset me so much, and my friends, that we left Blackpool there and then. We are all survivors of cancer and were looking forward to a good meal and evening out in Blackpool - if that is the type of reception you receive I doubt if we will go back there.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank NaisWales
terry p, Owner at Norfolk House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
the woman who posted his review has never booked with us or stayed at our hotel. we offer free parking facillities to guests. she tried to park outside our hotel and when she found she could not get in the space she became rude and offensive. i repeat, we have free parking for our guests but that facility is not on offer to neighbouring hotels guests.
Aldridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

i stayed at the norfolk house hotel on the 29th of april till the 1st of may after getting to blackpool with my friends to found out that the hotel we had origianlly booked had closed down so we had no where to stay the lady runds the hotel next door mandi she kindly found me and my friends a room for the weekend. mandi and terry coudnt do enough for us they were very polite towards us the hotel was lovely and clean, breakfast was beautiful, rooms was lovely and clean and tidy cant wait to return what a gem off an hotel to find thanxs mandi and terry from dawn ( i stayed in room severn).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank dawn3272
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

Would like to thank mandi and terry for saving our weekend if hadn't off been for these two lovely me and my two friends wud av been stranded the food was fantastic nice clean friendly atmosphere would recommed this hotel to everyone thanks again

• Stayed April 2011