“We wont be coming back”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Concorde

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hotel Concorde
Ranked #815 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
“We wont be coming back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

My mother and i went to blackpool as part of a blackpool weekender with leisure time coaches. The place is very out dated but that was expect because blackpool it self is out dated. The seal to the shower door was full of grime and hairs, i was there from friday till sunday and i just washed instead stepping foot into that shower. There was still rings on the cabinet from where other people have been drinking tea. The brochure in room of hotel is very out dated. The bed basically had a big ditch in it and the springs would stick in your back. Our view from our room was someone dirty back garden where the dog was barking all day and all night. Breakfast and dinner was apart of our stay, the breakfast was okay but the toast was cold when it was put on our table. The dinner was'nt desirable at all the meat was full of fat and the gravy was like water. I only eat there the first night and i didnt even eat what was put on my plate because it didnt taste nice at all. So went out for food instead every night. The waitresses wern't very pleasant they never seemed to crack a smile. The bar and resturant is combined and kinda reminded me of my grans living room with settee's of different colour and styles. Also while we was there, there was a man holding his partner and child hostage wit gun so the road was closed off. I would never go to blackpool ever again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank tanya015

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

We arrived early and were the first car to park up they were all parked in twos across the front so I left enough room for a car to park behind me no probs dropped our bags and were on our way out to register for our darts I had already said to my friends I'll leave the keys in case they need to move it we had to be on the front one of the lads I had took down his father was rushed to hospital that morning and was in intensive care. When I got back down to leave there was a taxi outside waiting so we left when we got back the man in reception had a right go at my mate who is Norwigen and dos'nt drive by this time the car park was full apart from the space behind mine. This man was speaking to Bertel in a horrible way I said what's the problem I told you to move it this morning no I said this is the first time I have spoken to you after he had threatened me with the police moved it into the lay-by opposite the two spaces remaind empty For the rest of the night.

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank Alfiewhitestar

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Ayrshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

It's hotels like this that give Blackpool tourism such a bad name. Such a pity, millions of pounds are being invested in the area which is great but hotels like this will drag the developments down and scare visitors away.

Public areas are very dirty. Probably the dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in. Basic is fine as long as its CLEAN. Plenty of 'Thank You' cards greet you as you arrive - these obviously relate to a previous era. The food was very poor standard (powdered soup watered down way too much). If we hadnt booked for via a tour operator for the Grand National weekend we would've refused to stay. Very Very poor standard (regardless of how you pay, good value does not mean poor quality).

With a bit of effort it could be ok. However, dont think the management are interested in developing one bit. Would not recommend or ever go back. Yuk..

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank AnnieOrange
Dear Guest

We were unhappy to read your review, regarding your stay with us.

The Thank you cards are what have been received in the last 6 months.
The Management have taken on board what you have said about the public areas and the cleaning staff have been shown your comments.

As to the food,no one complained whilst they stayed with us, if yo have a problem it would be best to complain whilst staying not going away and then writing on trip advisor, please remember this is peoples living.
Dudley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

it's only yards from a bus stop which takes you right to the sea front, the food was very good indeed the staff were great and for all it was february the hotel was always nice and warm. i would be happy to go back anytime and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for yo kind review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to meet you again in the future.
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

We arrived during the worst of the NE snow time which meant that only 15 of us managed to get to the coach pick up points, I am going to mention the very worst thing first. On our last full day I was not feeling too good (admitted to hosp day after we got back suffering with pneumonia!) so decided not to go on the excursion, while I was in the shower there was a loud bang on the door and the elderly owner flung open the bathroom door whilst I was still in the shower!!!! he said IT was coming through innto the kitchen (never found out what IT was) I said he would have to wait until I got out of the shower and got dressed, he left the room and waited outside until I told him he could come back in. After he went back into the bathroom I asked him if he had found out what the the problem was he said yes and left. NO APOLOGY was ever given. back to the beginning, The welcome was moderate and we were directed to our rooms by a dismembered head which appeared through the sliding window of the 'office'. Being disabled and struggling with my case I was given some help eventually. The room my friend and I were given was large, clean but as the beds were placed either side of the windows the cold draught was terrible. We asked for a heater and was given one straight away, which made us the lucky ones as others who asked were not so lucky. I could go on & on but the main points against this hotel were, we were advised by the brochure that Freeview was available in each room FALSE no freeview box anywhere in sight, older tv and all you could get was BBC1 and then it was for the London region!
It was a Tinsel & Turkey break but the lack of festive cheer was noticable, even the Christmas tree in the reception was never plugged in although it had lights on. Breakfast was always the best meal of the day, never ever smelt food of any type cooking which was unusual for a small hotel, In fact quite a bit was identified as being from Iceland.
The entertainers on a night were very good but it felt like they were entertaining you in the parlour as the always had a pine dresser behind them full of the crockery for the morning. ALL the public areas were always very cold. Would never suggest to anyone that they stayed there unless the were there for a Footie match nearby, as a one off.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

We were very unhappy to read your review regarding your stay with us. I was sorry to read that you were taken ill when you arrived home, and that yo are now feeling better.
I believe that you were apologised to whilst you stayed with us. The thing was water pouring through the ceiling into the dining room.

As too the Hotel being cold whilst you stayed with us that the whole country was constantly at below zero and snow was on the Ground, the central heating was on 24 hours a day to try and keep the building warm. As there only being a few of you we had a lot of cancellations due to the weather.

Regards
Joanne.
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

Spent 4 days here for new year,Rooms basic but spotless,Food excellent. Entertainment first class and the owners and staff were there to ensure that everyone enjoyed their stay.All in All super value for money and all our party would without hesitation stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010

telford shropshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2010

this was the 5th time myself n friends have stopped in this hotel, i must say each year we have a gret time. we come for the turkey n tinsel wkend. its value for money ,staff are very friendy and welcoming. we have already booked for nx year. we cant wait....

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank ellie046
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for yo kind review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and looked forward to seeing you all again in November if not sooner.

Regards