“THE BLACKPOOL HOTEL”

Ranked #748 of 858 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Pontefract, United Kingdom
“THE BLACKPOOL HOTEL”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

stayed in the Blackpool hotel and it was fab, the rooms are very clean and comfy. the service is excellent, the food is good, and you get a choice from a menu which is good. the room gets checked and cleaned every day, and the host adi and rod are fantastic guys, we went for the rebellion punk weekend, and the hotel is situated quite close to the venue, which is a bonus. the cost of the rooms are reasonable , would definitely go back. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jayjaypunkrock
TheBlackpoolHotel, Owner at The Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Sir,
Disappointing yes we feel the same you arrived at the hotel and as most of the hotels on Albert road you had to buzz to enter once checked in you receive a key to allow you access this is for you and all the other guests safety so no one can just wonder in from the streets. I think it should be you who apologizes to the Manager and hotel staff for both your behavior and that of your rude spoiled child. I was at the hotel while you were there and I know the Manager communicated regularly with you as your rude son who has no manners spoke to both the Manager and the staff very rudely. I met your son when I entered the hotel to him telling me to move out of the way as he ran through the dining room you were lucky i did not throw you all out with the way you behaved when you arrived it was the Manager who recommended I let you stay being deaf does not give you the right to be obnoxious and rude to anyone especially Staff who are trying to do there best for you and be as helpful as possible. I certainly wont welcome you or your family back to my Hotel we work hard and customer service is one of our high priorities maybe you and your family should go on a customer service course and learn some manors.

The Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of girls 4 my 30th for 2nts... Service is great! Rod & Adie do whatever they can 4 you! V helpful! Will be coming back & tellin more of my friends about it.. Good value 4 money & excellent location!! Only a short crawl home from a nt out! Thanks :-)

• Stayed August 2013
TheBlackpoolHotel, Owner at The Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Hi Jo,

Thanks for the review, it was great having you all stay and we were glad to help as much as possible, great to here you all had a good time and will be coming back hope to see you all again soon.

Rod, Adie and Staff
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My boyfriend and I travel to Blackpool once a month and stay in lots of different hotels, agreed this is a late review as we stayed last march however after reading some of the reviews I've had to comment, from the minute we arrived which was gone 1130pm (due to 5hour journey) the gent waiting for our arrival was lovely, wide awake and in no hurry to put us in our room to get to bed himself! I can't remember the room number we stayed in but the room was spacious set out with towels and bathrobes and champagne on ice (requested). The room was clean as was the bathroom. Visiting Blackpool I've been greeted in far more expensive hotels with a grumpy face no towels and unclean bedrooms. It's not until you stay in others that you really appreciate what this hotel has to offer!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank MissJupe
Dear Mrs Jupe,

Thank you for your review I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your satisfaction. If your back in Blackpool please give us a call we would love you to come stay with us again. Anything we can help you with to enhance you stay here at the Blackpool we will be happy to help.

Rod, Adie and Staff
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My Husband and I loved our weekend break at this gem of a hotel .It was great value but yet had all the comforts we required . It was also situated really close to all the major attractions for a fun filled weekend but we appreciated the hotel having a bar for a quiet drink after sight seeing all day. We will definitely return soon as the staff were refreshingly customer orientated and could not have done anything more to make our stay perfect ..We wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Blackpool hotel to friends and family .Thanks again for a great stay .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The room was basic and small, but we didn't mind.
Also the room was hot, (it was a hot couple of days in the UK, surprisingly) but we asked if they had a fan as we left to go out and when we came back a fan was sitting in our room. -We weren't out long.
Staff were incredibly nice and friendly, and their service was great.
Breakfast was nice, we enjoyed it.
Location is prefect, not a long walk to the tower.

Planning to come back again soon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Glagaow
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I have been going to The Blackpool Hotel for over 4 years now. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and tidy, the beds are so comfy, I've always had a good nights sleep. At breakfast time you get asked what you would prefer and it's made to your specifications.
The hotel is central with The tower, The Winter Gardens, The Grand Theatre and only a short walk for attractions like The Pleasure Beach, Madame Tussauds, the three piers etc. With this and The Blackpool North Train Station, plenty of shops and night life, close by The Blackpool Hotel is ideal for people of all ages. The only complaint I have, is that my stay was not long enough.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Manchester
Reviewed 22 July 2013

just returned from a weekend at this hotel and i have to say it was great, we were looking for somewhere in the centre of blackpool and took a chance of booking before looking. The staff are lovely and there is a really relaxed atmosphere, the room we stayed in wasnt the biggest but the beds were very comfortable and as soon as we turned the shower on the water was hot, unlike some hotels we have stayed in !!. There is a stairlift for those with who need it (great as i have walking difficulties). We stayed b&b and the breakfast was gorgeous, a good variety of cereals, fruit juice, tea,coffee a delicious cooked breakfast and as much toast as you want. Rod also cooks the perfect fried egg,(just thought i'd throw that in, !!!) Ade's smile was a joy to see in the morning.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple