“Love this hotel”

Ranked #744 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Comfy beds, hot showers and an amazing breakfast sets you up for a busy day in Blackpool. Been here good few times now and can't fault a thing. Ask these guys anything and if they don't know then they go find out. They go out their way to help make your stay as best as possible, personally I think they go above and beyond what's needed. Will def be back again.

Room Tip: Stairlift to first floor
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mckayzer
TheBlackpoolHotel, Owner at The Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hi Mckayzer,

Thank you for your wonderful review and we are so glad you enjoyed yet another one of your stays, I'm not sure if other guests are staying in the same hotel as you always have a good time and are always happy with your stay.

Looking forward to seeing you again later in the year, if there is anything we can help you with please drop us a line before you arrive and we will be happy to help.

Rod, Adie and Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We booked this hotel mainly due to its location, which credit where credit is due it is located in a convenient place next to Blackpool tower and the main strip.
Unfortunately that is where my praise for this hotel ends.

After realising we would be arriving late due to traffic i rang the hotel just to inform them of my late arrival, I was greeted by a rude response.

When we eventually arrived at the hotel we got to our room which seemed clean enough, but after further inspection the glasses provided in the room (Which were in a plastic covering and deemed as clean) where filthy. I took the glasses to reception to have them swapped and was greeted by the grunting staffmember/owner.
There was no apology for the dirty glasses and he promptly thrust 2 glasses my way without saying a word.

The next morning we ran the shower expecting some sort of warmth, the shower never got any warmer than freezing and left for a very cold wash.

As we were checking out my partner mentioned this to the staffmember/owner. As she did the reply was that " Im in a room on the same circuit as you and my water was warm this morning".
He was then taken upstairs to prove that the shower was cold and consistently lied to my
partner.

After running the shower he said that it had got warm and would not let my partner feel the warmth, after she eventually got her hand in the shower it was still freezing cold and no hot water was being supplied to the room.
After this it was mentioned if we could receive any discount for the unfortunate circumstance, The owner scoffed and lied saying we had already been offered £10 off and had the room for £50 instead of £60 as he stated over the phone.

Unfortunately for him when i rang he was on speaker and offered the room for the rate of £50 without any discount. This price is also stated on the "Hotel" website.

After giving us discount was suggested the man became very rude and irritated and a shouting match began.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anybody and a better nights sleep would probably be found in Blackpool Tower Dungeon. At least they've got hot water...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel M

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013

we have just had a lovely 4 days staying at the Blackpool Hotel all the staff were friendly and our rooms were clean and topped up with tea and coffee every day by the excellent house keeper, it is our second stay there and would recommend it to anyone wanting a homely place to stay, also the breakfast was first class more than ample portions and the evening meals were 3 course with coffee and tea,, thanks Rod and Adrian for making us so welcome and we hope to see you again next year

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brenda O
TheBlackpoolHotel, Owner at The Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Hi Brenda and Gary
Thank you for your comments it was a pleasure to have you stay again, glad you enjoyed the breakfast and evening meals see you next year.
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This place is the very basic of somewhere to stay. Everything in the rooms is either old or very cheap. The stall of this establishment also seems to enjoy talking about guests business to everyone else. They offer breakfast, which is severely close to inedible. I ended up getting very sick afterward. The Mc Donald's, up the street, was 5 stars in comparison. They do not allow outside food or libations. The staff has a way of making you feel uneasy and uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. It was a horrible experience. Please, head my warning.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Flattopp
TheBlackpoolHotel, Owner at The Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Flattop
Thank you for your comments however as all are aware due to the statement on all our sites (including booking sites) the hotel is under refurbishment (with 9 rooms left to do out of 32) and as you only made your booking the day before you arrived the newly refurbished rooms had been allocated to the guests that booked weeks in advance especially as it was the illumination turn on weekend.
Breakfast, as you can read from previous reviews both on here and our guest book on our site we do a good breakfast and you feeling ill will probably due to the consumption of libations (alcohol) the night before and not the fact that you never made it for breakfast for the duration of your stay.
Why not just tell the truth, you were annoyed because one of the staff asked you to clean up your mess after allowing you to eat your fish and chips (not allowed in rooms) in our dining room and you left it in a disgusting mess with papers food and cutlery all over the floor as if you had eaten off the floor. You were also told you were not allowed to bring in your own beer (case of 24) due to the fact we have 2 bars that are open from 10am till midnight. Let’s face it this review is out of malice because you got told off and not the facts.
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

stayed in the Blackpool hotel and it was fab, the rooms are very clean and comfy. the service is excellent, the food is good, and you get a choice from a menu which is good. the room gets checked and cleaned every day, and the host adi and rod are fantastic guys, we went for the rebellion punk weekend, and the hotel is situated quite close to the venue, which is a bonus. the cost of the rooms are reasonable , would definitely go back. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jayjaypunkrock
TheBlackpoolHotel, Owner at The Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Sir,
Disappointing yes we feel the same you arrived at the hotel and as most of the hotels on Albert road you had to buzz to enter once checked in you receive a key to allow you access this is for you and all the other guests safety so no one can just wonder in from the streets. I think it should be you who apologizes to the Manager and hotel staff for both your behavior and that of your rude spoiled child. I was at the hotel while you were there and I know the Manager communicated regularly with you as your rude son who has no manners spoke to both the Manager and the staff very rudely. I met your son when I entered the hotel to him telling me to move out of the way as he ran through the dining room you were lucky i did not throw you all out with the way you behaved when you arrived it was the Manager who recommended I let you stay being deaf does not give you the right to be obnoxious and rude to anyone especially Staff who are trying to do there best for you and be as helpful as possible. I certainly wont welcome you or your family back to my Hotel we work hard and customer service is one of our high priorities maybe you and your family should go on a customer service course and learn some manors.

The Owner
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of girls 4 my 30th for 2nts... Service is great! Rod & Adie do whatever they can 4 you! V helpful! Will be coming back & tellin more of my friends about it.. Good value 4 money & excellent location!! Only a short crawl home from a nt out! Thanks :-)

• Stayed August 2013
TheBlackpoolHotel, Owner at The Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Hi Jo,

Thanks for the review, it was great having you all stay and we were glad to help as much as possible, great to here you all had a good time and will be coming back hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

My boyfriend and I travel to Blackpool once a month and stay in lots of different hotels, agreed this is a late review as we stayed last march however after reading some of the reviews I've had to comment, from the minute we arrived which was gone 1130pm (due to 5hour journey) the gent waiting for our arrival was lovely, wide awake and in no hurry to put us in our room to get to bed himself! I can't remember the room number we stayed in but the room was spacious set out with towels and bathrobes and champagne on ice (requested). The room was clean as was the bathroom. Visiting Blackpool I've been greeted in far more expensive hotels with a grumpy face no towels and unclean bedrooms. It's not until you stay in others that you really appreciate what this hotel has to offer!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank MissJupe
Dear Mrs Jupe,

Thank you for your review I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your satisfaction. If your back in Blackpool please give us a call we would love you to come stay with us again. Anything we can help you with to enhance you stay here at the Blackpool we will be happy to help.