“Do not stay here!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelodge Blackpool South Promenade
Ranked #33 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
“Do not stay here!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel is in a brilliant location just beside the Pleasure Beach but seems to only attract drunks and riff raff. So noisy inside and out. Also was a shortage on toilet roll when we stayed there which was fun. There is no facility to leave luggage here it has to be left across the road in a b&b which you are out £3 per bag for. The staff are totally useless. Overall I would never ever stay here again. Great spot for a hotel but so badly run!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laurachristie2b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed one night in this Travelodge in August 2013 and as a result will NEVER stay in any Travelodge again. Leaflet stated kingsize dreamer beds, 4 plump pillows, 17 channel TVs - not true last year - but very, very small print at bottom said these facilities were still being rolled out! I hope these things are now supplied because we had lumpy broken beds, smelly carpets, not the cleanest of bathrooms, dirty net curtains impossible parking, charged to park in their car park, half hour queue for a tepid breakfast, staff too busy to help as they were either outside smoking or watching big brother in the lounge! When I attempted to raise these issues with a staff member, who appeared to be "in charge", he turned his back and wished me a pleasant onward journey! There is no telephone number to ring to make a complaint so I emailed once I was home. I tried to complete the online comments form but this timed me out after a few minutes, giving no time at all to detail complaints. I emailed again, asking for someone to contact me - 4 WEEKS later I received a phone call while I was out (male but name mumbled and no contact number left for me to call him back). A message had been left saying they would try again the following day, no call so I emailed again several times over the following weeks - to date (six months later) their customer services department have still not made contact with me. As a result I have booked to stay at Premier Inn this year!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Saundra T
Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Good clean hotel, central to where I wanted to be, good value for money, and no frills attached. Comfortable bed, every thing you may need food and drink wise was on offer and reasonably priced. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Alan H
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Blackpool South Promenade Hotel, and would like to give an appraisal to one of your staff members, Sara.
My daughter had lost her Nintendo DS and after exploring different avenues, days later as a last resort, I decided to call the hotel to see if by any chance it had been handed in.
The lady said she would make enquiries with housekeeping and call me back in the morning. 5 mins later she called me to say she had found it, much to mine and my daughters delight! I told her I was staying in a caravan in Fleetwood, but that I would come back to the hotel in the morning before my return journey to Scotland.
Well this leads me to my compliment.......Not only was Sara one of the most pleasant, helpful and polite members of staff I have had dealings with in a long time, she offered to go out of her way and deliver the DS to my caravan that night after she had finished her shift at 11pm.
This was an act of kindness way and above the call of duty, I am delighted to have been touched by this generous act. As a company, you should be aware, and proud that you have such a wonderful , lovely lady working for you.
My very best wishes to Sara and my heartfelt thanks once again.
The hotel itself was spotlessly clean, warm, comfortable beds, location fantastic, stones throw away from pleasure beach and South pier. My only fault was that we couldn't get in for breakfast as not enough tables and a queue had already formed. I would not hesitate to come back to this hotel

1 Thank gillieb77
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed here last week. The room was brilliant apart from the hot water took a while. The parking was a nightmare only a couple spaces in the travelodge which you still have to pay for and the car park next to it you also had to pay for which neither of us had change. The travelogde couldn't of been any closer to the pleasure beach which was great. We decided to have dinner there which was a big mistake, you could tell it was all ready meals and frozen foods being charged at ridiculous rates! There was also only 2 members of staff, as lovely and polite they both were they were completely rushed off there feet. The bar was also the cook and waiter and the receptionist seemed to never be there. We waited quite a while for our food and then I had to sit and watch my friend eat until I got mine 10 minutes later. We also saw a couple waiting at the reception for at least 45 minutes until I ended up telling the bar man who then went and found the receptionist. We would stay there again but we definitely wouldn't waste our money on the food.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jadebryony
Kingston-upon-hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Hotel clean, great value for money, good parking, excellent position for activities for families visiting Blackpool. 2 mins walk to Pleasure Beach, 5 mins to Sandcastle waterpark. 5 mins to the beach.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed for a few days with kids during Easter Break, very affordable rooms, very clean and tidy, great friendly staff. Good food on menu at reasonable prices. Very close to Pleasure Beach and Sandcastle swimming pool

1 Thank Mandy T