“As good as ever!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of West Coast Rock Cafe

West Coast Rock Cafe
Ranked #16 of 704 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Bar, British, Central American
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“As good as ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Have been a regular here for years and if you go you will see why!! Had the chicken goujons to start and then a King Kong burger, got a bit carried away and decided to have two different types of cheese bacon and ham on top. The burger was fantastic and curly fries are a great tasting extra!! Throw in a couple of cocktails and you are ready to go! Always a good experience eating here and this time was no exception, the service was great and the price is more then reasonable........we will be back again in the near future!

• Polish first
Chester
“Fab find in Blackpool, just wish I had tried it sooner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I am a regular visitor to Blackpool and have never tried West Coast Rock cafe before. I have always walked past and not really noticed it. I had read some good reviews and thought I'd give it a try next time I visited Blackpool - I wanted to try some new places instead of the same all the time.

From outside it doesn't look the best of places, I know that sounds bad but walking up the stairs it was great inside. I loved all the artwork on the walls and it had a great feel to it. The menu was amazing - felt it was custom built for me all my favorite food - burgers, mexican, pizza, chicken the list could go on. Was very hard to decide what to order!

I ordered the west coast chicken burger with fries and my partner did a custom burger with cheese and chille and fries.

The waitress was lovely and very friendly. I was there at lunch time and it was quite busy. The food didnt take long to arrive. My partners burger was huge and he really enjoyed it, I tried some and it was fantastic made me wish I had ordered one! I did enjoy my chicken burger but it looked so tiny compared to his massive meal and they were a similar price.

We ordered a side of onion rings to go with the meal. All very tasty! The bill came to around £22, very good price for the amount of food we got and 2 large colas.

I will be visiting again on my next visit to Blackpool, can't wait to try the other things on the menu. The deserts looked lovely but I was too full to eat anymore. Also the platters looked and sounded fantastic.

I noticed on the board that they do half price burgers on Monday 5-8pm and mexican half price Wednesday 5-8pm. I would like to try the Mexican meals in the future and the half price meals sounded great. I was put off ordering the Mexican at full price as it was around £15-18 each and I didn't have that much to spend.

Don't let outside put you off, it's great inside and seems very popular with many people.

gains
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

The food in this place is fantastic.. We ate here two nights in a row. The service was 1st class, in fact we just found it to be a great place.. Really gotta give a go..

Visited May 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Love the place ... but maybe losing its sparkle ??”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

We have been to this place everytime we have visited Blackpool since finding it by accident in 1994/5 on a cold January evening (and then winning a bike in a competition .. but I digress)
Visited on Spring bank holiday sunday evening - welcome was pleasnt and had a drink before ordering.
On ordering I opted for the chicken/ribs combo and when taking the order I asked what came with it, as in the past I am sure they have offered fries, jacket pot etc... but was told in no uncertain terms it comes with fries only !!! ...
Mrs P ordered a chicken sizzler which was massive and I think the size made up for the quality/taste .. it was not sizzling but very watery as if the veg is also in the sizzle pot .. taste was OK but certainly not of the standards we have come to expect over the past 18yrs.
In fairness my chicken/rivbs combo was OK and the fries were also OK (would have been nicer with a jacket potato .. but hey ho).
I have given the value a poor, as compared to other places the west coast has never been the cheapest but the quality has made up for it .. but on this occasion have to say poor.
It is still a fine place to eat in Blackpool .. maybe we just caught it on a bad day !!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Preston, UK
“Great Steaks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

My husband and I visit West Coast every couple of months and we're never disappointed!

There's always a range of offers on and you can get a free main meal on your birthday (you have to book in advance)! Generally go for the steaks as West Coast is one of the few places where if I ask for my steak to be served rare, that's exactly what I'll get - definitely recommend the fillet steak.

All wait / bar staff are super-friendly and attentive without being obtrusive, which is a must for us. The place can get crowded at weekends but that just adds to the atmosphere - constant rock / pop videos on the various large screens around the restaurant - great to chill out to while you wait for your food.

• Visited April 2013