“Worst place i have every stayed, please gone go.”
Review of The Darfield Hotel

The Darfield Hotel
Ranked #455 of 860 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We recently stayed here for a hen weekend and paying £25.00 per night you dont really expect the best but you expect clean. This hotel is not CLEAN. The room we stayed in had chewing gum stuck to the wood, the mattress protector has nasal protein putting it nicely stuck to it. The overall room was dated and dirty. The bathroom was just dirty. After having a shower you just felt you need another. We all were so glad to leave this hotel and would never go back. When arrving at this hotel they ask for a 25.00 bond per person and i can say there is nothing in the room worth 25.00 to break. This hotel needs a major overhall and something needs to be done about this dirty hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank grasshopper12345
There are newer reviews for The Darfield Hotel

Reviewed 27 June 2011

Stayed at the Darfiled, it is a great hotel, and Emma was so helpful and a really great person!! We were there for my son's Stag Weekend, not that he remembers much about it! Would recommend this hotel to anyone, near to all the attractions etc. The hotel was very clean and the beds comfortable!

Thanks Emma.

Regards
Malc, Levi, John, Eddie, Leroy, Matty & Leroy

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2011

There was 10 of us up for the weekend from London for a hen weekend. When we arrived at the Darfield we were warmly welcomed by James and Emma (owners), kindly informed about good places to visit/eat/drink in the area.
The hotel was very clean from top to bottom. Breakfast was lovely and there was plenty to eat - Emma always re stocking the tables with toast,lol.
When drinking in the hotel bar there was a very friendly atmosphere even when we strolled in at 1 am one morning ;-)
It was a great touch that they offered the opportunity for guests to have their group photos taken and to purchase keyrings and magnets etc.
On the morning of departure we were given a warm send off by Emma and James.
Overall extreamley happy with our stay, cannot fault it in anyway. Would definatly stay again.
Thanks for a lovely weekend James and Emma x
Nicola from London (Stacey's hen do)

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 14 June 2011

From the Arctic tundra to the glass fronted opium dens of Tehran, there's an old saying - "Home is where the heart is". And if home is where the heart is, my heart is in the Darfield Hotel. It's not my home but I did stay there recently and, if not my heart, then at the very least my toothpaste remains there.

When writing a review, there is often a danger of romanticising reflections of our holiday soujourns. Were the acoustics in the shower really that magical? Was the sheepish glance from the manager out of politeness or something more? Much like my medical results, some questions are best left unanswered.

There is only one way to approach a review and that is with absolute empiricism. Therefore...

Value: I don't know how much I paid but I'm sure it was good value. No quibbles on the £25 bond. There are a lot of bad people in the world and many of them go on holiday to Blackpool. The bond reassured me that my interests were being protected. Needless to say I was fully reimbursed, despite leaving my room in an unpleasant mess.

Rooms: I stayed in room 15, or the Colonel Gaddafi Memorial Suite as it is now known. Highlights included a fantastic array of coathangers and a mirror that framed my face perfectly.

Location: The hotel was intuitively placed, close to the hotel next door. The southern vista reminded me of my balcony in Tangiers.

Cleanliness: The only thing cleaner is my conscience.

Service: I'm normally a secular chap but the service was second to none, and there was absolutely no wait at the bar.

Sleep Quality: Alas, the howling prevents me from the delights of unconciousness, but my room mate barely stirred all night, even when I cried havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

So, in conclusion, stand tall dear Darfield. Let not cruel whispers topple your mighty golden parapets and may your corridors forever resonate with the chant of "FIVE MORE SKITTLEBOMBS!".

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Ernest_Hemmingway69
Reviewed 13 June 2011

What a great weekend, helped along the way by attentive, friendly and accomodating staff at the Darfield.
Rooms were clean and to a better standard than one would expect at £25 a night (If this was three in a bed I'd have probably overpaid a little)
Breakfast was good, limited time for service but no real problem, it just meant those that wanted it got out of their pit early doors.
Great Chat from Emma and James, for what they must put up with accomodating Stag and Hen dos I think they do a blinding job. I think other reviewers can safely be ignored. Calling a spade a spade isn't rude and Emma just told it as it was and it helped keep a 20 strong part y of pi$$heads in check. Well done.

The Bond was a pain to collect but only cs the majority were already half cut on arrival. Everyone got it back at the end of the weekend so no real problem at all.
Bar was well stocked and replenished on request when certain skittle bomb materials were absent. Also they were happy to keep it open as ong as people were drinking which made a good night out al the better knowing you could have a quiet few when you got back.

Great location, close enough to everything the vicinity of the tower which includes a massive number of bars and clubs

Something not mentioned on the website if car parking is available at weekends on a pay and display just up the road from the hotel. £15 for 48 hrs is a touch when you've no intention of touching your car til you need to go home.

Anyhoo, Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: All about rooms 2, 3 and 4. Double bed but a sing!
  • Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Neili0
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The staff were very friendly and approachable, Breakfast was excellent. Emma was very chatty and polite and made our stay very enjoyable. Close to the arcades and shops, will definitely come again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2011

stayed with a couple of the girls last month and all i can say is WOW! what a fantastic, clean, friendly atmoshphere the darfield hotel provided, the staff are easy going and were so kind and welcoming to all of us (even at 2.00am wen we forgot our key XD), their breakfast was my perfect hangover cure, and was very yummy! overall i would definatly stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends