“my hen night” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #373 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
cumbria england
“my hen night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

me n 8 of my friend stayed here on the 25 may 2013 the hotel is lovely rooms lovely n clean n the breakfast was to die for ,you really couldnt ask for more the staff r all lovely n and r will to do anything to make your stay enoyable would reconmend to anyone thanks to u all xx

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

Family run b&b .home cooked breakie. Room basic but had all we needed. Lovely and clean. James kept bar open for us .very kind. And was our personal photographer. Very accomdating would recommend and would stay again...from lisa and all on shels hen night xx

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The_Darfield_Hotel, Manager at The Darfield Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Great to see you enjoyed your stay, hope to see you again

James
Preston, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Just come back from a stag do in Blackpool. It really did do " what it says on the tin". Rooms are more than I expected. I wasn't paying or expecting 5 star quality. The shower cubicals are slightly small for the average size male but I would rather have that that a communal bathroom.

Look perfect place for a stag/hen do, if you spend to much time in your room then your not doing Blackpool right.

The bar and the breakfast service was great and James is a great guy to talk to, he's interested to know about you and your party.

Rooms could be a little cleaner buy hayho

Thanks again

Room Tip: Sleep quality !!! I don't remember sleeping but that's not the hotels fault haha
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

I'll start of on a positive - the owners are great at front of house and very helpful. If they read this I'm sorry.....I could add the pictures I took of the dirt but you really don't deserve that as you are genuinely nice people.
We were booked into this hotel as part of a hen weekend so had to go with the flow..and that's what you do. The room was tiny, a double bed & a single, dated and filthy. The lights above the bed didn't work, neither did the kettle....although once we saw the dirt on the mugs we gave up! I don't think this room has had a deep clean in months! The bedding was OK, apart from the curry stain on my quilt cover, and the dog hair on the sheets..no idea where from. Behind the sink was terrible....and no I didn't deliberately go looking...it was staring me in the face whilst I was sat on the loo! There was not one clean surface in the room.....and as for the coat hanger collection....go in every now and then and have a sort out...there are way too many!
Breakfast was OK, cheap canteen like food & service...but the dirt theme carried on, the top of the radiator I was sat next to hadn't seen a duster in weeks.
This guest house is for hen & stag parties....but before you book...think about who is attending....yes you want somewhere to lay your drunken head but not surrounded by dirt!
I understand the place being a little tatty as the owners probably don't want to spend too much on something likely to get trashed by drunks...but please could it be clean!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Just come back from a night at in Blackpool - stayed at The Darfield hotel and got to say it was value for money- decent rooms, comfy beds, a reasonably priced bar, nice breakfast, nice staff, ideal location - I can't really fault the place and James, the owner, was very friendly and helpful. I would definately go again! :-)

• Stayed October 2012
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Me and 5 of my mates returned to the Darfield this October for the weekend.
I’ve stayed in many b and b's over the years and this is by far the most accommodating and best atmosphere. Roms were comfortable, clean and warm. Breakfast fantastic. As for the bar it is open whenever you want it to be open (within reason). James and the missus are a fantastic host and will join in and have a laugh with you at the bar. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they run it like clockwork.
It is in a great central location which has a buzz to it.
All in all this is a great b and b and my second visit. There will definitely be a third visit next year and we will be staying for longer. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

This was provided as an alternative to an overbooked hotel about four doors along the street. The Darfield is located in downtown Beirut, and if I was to describe the accommodation in one word, it would start with the letter s, end with t, and have hi in the middle. We weren't expecting the ritz but I've never been in a scruffier hotel ever. The only reason we put up with it was that we were more concerned with getting on with the partying. Although this was delayed as we were the only guests (we were still given a room on the fourth floor?) and the bar was shut. Avoid this dump at all costs!!!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
If Blackpool is not you bag then fine but im in Prime location theres no need to lie, also the hotel is up to a high standards and i offer stays to groups. Im not going to be putting LCD TV's and High quality furnishings in a group hotel am i??? if i did you then would be complaining about the costs per person and a massive deposit.... The fact that you were surpost to stay in a other hotel but the booking agent messed up (NOTHING TO DO WITH ME)

You were placed on the 2nd and 3rd floor (4th is the roof) and you were up that high because i gave you bigger rooms....

On the Bar front if you ask the bride to be i asked if you would be using the bar she replied "No" .... so I shut the bar, no need for me to sit there when you said you didn't want to use it..... or is that just common sense?

well never mind if you want to sit in the rooms and smuggle booze in then that's up to you but don't expect me to sit in the bar all night just in case you want one drink. I don't operate my bar in that way.