“Awesome”

Ranked #32 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Preston, United Kingdom
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I am a regular visitor to Blackpool have never stayed in a ibis hotel. But what a weekend i had great value, great staff, Awesome location, amazing to wake up and see the seafront. The room was clean and tidy. I spoke the manager Katie and see really made my stay by recommending some great restaurants and attractions to visit in the evenings. I WILL DEFINITELY BE RETURNING.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

Originally booked this about six months in advance on the Travelodge website for a one night stay as myself and a family member had tickets for a concert in town and value for money/budget was the order of the day.
I received an email two months ago saying IBIS were converting the site but my booking with Travelodge would be honoured.
I dont think it would be fair of me to go into too much detail re state of the building etc which had clearly become "well used". It was however clear the Accor/IBIS were renovating the place to some degree, and still had a lot to do. The room I had on the 3rd floor corner was small and still bore the hallmarks of a typical Travelodge with all the usual facilities. My brothers room two doors along was on the other hand twice the size with a great view of the beach, and again being a classic Travelodge room.
There were also aircon units but these were not working. Not sure if these are IBIS or TL.
Check in was ok and they even let us in half an hour early at 2:30pm.

Security was also ok with landing access via the room key and I also saw cctv.

There is also a 24 hour bar next to reception

Overall the location is excellent. Right opposite the north pier and a tram stop. There are also lots of cabs and buses and you are only two minutes walk from loads of bars and resaturants.

Be warned though it will be noisy. There is a huge nightclub downstairs and two over the road which run until 4am.

Room Tip: Third Floor 304.
2 Thank Plateglass
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

This hotel is in transition from Travelodge to Ibis and there is still a lot of snagging to be done. The Travelodge and Ibis systems are not yet synchronised. Reception staff were surprised that the Accor/Ibis website told me I could check in at 12 noon (their check in time is 3 p.m.) and didn't know how to process my Accor loyalty card. However, they were friendly and helpful and did give me a room on arrival, without charging £10 for early check in. The room (101) was big with two huge double windows looking onto the seafront and Talbot Square. It was light, airy and clean, but very sparsely furnished. A double bed and a work table and chair were the only furniture. Only one chair in a double room! Pillows and duvet were very thin and, whilst there was one spare pillow, there were no spare blankets. There were no radiators in the room and heat was provided by a plug-in convector heater. When this was turned off during the night the room quickly became cold. The bed was comfortable and, despite the nightclub downstairs and a number of celebratory parties staying in the hotel, there was no problem with noise. A thicker duvet would have made a huge difference to sleep quality. Breakfast was a very basic cold continental buffet. Unfortunately, the breakfast room doubles as the bar, which has a 24 hour alcohol policy. This meant that the men at the next table, who were on a "lads weekend", were able to have beer (and nothing else as far as I could see) for breakfast. They were noisy and opinionated and commandeered the staff. I found this annoying and uncomfortable. I noticed that most guests went out for breakfast and if I ever stayed there again I would probably do the same.

Had I not used loyalty points to cover part of the bill, I would have paid nearly as much for this room as for a standard Ibis and there is no comparison in quality or service provision. I have been using Ibis hotels for nearly 20 years but this was my first time in a "Styles". If this is typical of them, then Accor is in danger of severely damaging its Ibis brand. I would not stay there again and I would recommend it only to those who want nothing more than a clean bed in a convenient part of town.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Janet B
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

Just the same with Change of Name NO heating same portable heating and beds even still Travelodge layout with very little change. still needs major refurbishment and sadly Ibis will need to watch in case people who stay here do notgo to another Ibis Hotel needs a revamp same staff staff everything apart from new name outside and odd name plate with colours and things to cover up Travelodge. cant wait till the new Premier opens along ttalbot road.

1 Thank johnbhoy_12
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Booked two rooms at this hotel for one night, i booked this hotel when it was owned by Travelodge. When booking i new there was a night clud on the ground floor so was expecting to not get a good nights sleep. I new there was no car park & also payed extra for a COOKED breakfast. As there was me and three friends I phoned the hotel up and asked for both rooms to have SINGLE beds in them. They told me that would not be a problem. A few days before i was due to stay a the hotel i found out the hotel had been sold and a new company had taken over. I phoned the hotel up a day before we arrived to check everything was okay with our booking and that we would still have single beds. They said everything is okay.
When we arrived at the hotel it was all clean & tidy. We were given our cards/ keys to our rooms and one room did not have single beds. (we did not complain and just left it) The rooms have no central heating - just a electric radiator which soon heated the rooms up, there was also a large air conditioning unit but they were not working, the tvs on the room had bad signal and only a few chanels worked. The rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable. We went out all night and came back and sat in the bar - The hotel seems to alow all the police officers and night angles who work on a night into there hotel to use to toilets/ have free coffes and have food. (this happened until the early hours) The night clud down on the ground floor is very loud and was blasting music till at least 4.30am. When we got up for breakfast we sat down and were asked for room numbers to prove we payed for breakfast. We were then told that we had not payed extra for breakfast!! WHEN WE HAD!! luckily i had printed my invoice proving i payed nearly £26 for a cooked breakfast! She told me traveloge had not passed over the information (this happened to alot of guest staying) We all felt like we were not welcome after this. Anyway - i asked a member of staff where is the cooked breakfast to which i get told they stopped doing them when traveloge sold the hotel. If i new this before hand i would not of payed extra for just toast and cereal.
All in all the hotel is okay for stagg and hen partys looking for a cheap place to stay, not ideal for familes due to the night clud down stairs. me and my friends enjoyed our stay at the hotel despite the problems due to traveloge but when we come back to blackpool we will be booking a different hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a room right on the top floor as you will here less noise from the night clud.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jasonadam
Banbury, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Parking is a problem; there is nothing close by for an overnight stay. Rooms looked tired and grubby as did the hallways. Noise not a problem as was staying at beginning of the week. Did get a nice seaview though!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Belper, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

We booked this through travel lodge under the impression this was a travel lodge as no where when we booked stated this place was in a transition to ibis styles. After driving around for 20minutes looking for a travel lodge we went to see if this was the place. We paid £13 parking for 24 hours as no where again stated there was no parking around the hotel. The receptionist wasn't helpful at all just said there's 2 car parks and that's it. We'd also paid for a COOKED breakfast to be told it was a cold breakfast which we were unimpressed after paying £6 each for some cereal, when we went for breakfast the staff had no record of us paying for it!!! The rooms were basic, the lights were broken and hanging, the carpet looked as though it hasn't been hoovered, there was dirty socks under the bed!! Heating didn't work and the electric heater plug was on for an hour and then went really hot so had to switch it off. We also had no idea there was a club below the hotel which was great when we went to bed to booming coming through the walls. I will not be going again and will be writing to travel lodge, my fiancé is in the army so is used to basic accommodation but even he was unimpressed.

• Stayed April 2013