“Location good - Awaiting to see the change to reflect the new price”

Ibis Styles Blackpool
Ranked #33 of 69 Hotels in Blackpool
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Location good - Awaiting to see the change to reflect the new price”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My wife and I have used this hotel many, many, many times and also brought friends and family too. Being a former Travelodge this hotel was spot on for the money as it is 'basic' and as reflected in earlier reviews things still don't work (A/C) and there is decorating in progress.

As a frequent user of the Travelodge brand in particular to this property we did expect to see some noticeable improvement considering this has now gone from a non offer price of £19/night to now £44 plus per night I do not agree this property should be sold at this price UNTIL the changes are made.

Yes I had previous Travelodge reservations that have been honoured, however I visit Blackpool on a number of occasions each year and I was interested in the Ibis Styles (Offers on Tuesday) but this is not linked as Kate (Manager) thought that this was due to the fact that the hotel was a franchise. I did speak face to face and having been at the hotel for forty eight hours I did ask the team to leave me details of the 'Tuesday Offer'; sadly no one came back to me.

This hotel is still a Travelodge (feel and layout - rooms, bathroom and room facilities the same) and at those prices it is fine - you get what you pay for. Personally I made a point of logging on the free wifi - no signal. I did take a look at the cold buffet breakfast and if its another £26 for these two items - I will not be paying it.

I appreciate things are in process however to charge full Ibis Style prices NOW for what is effectively still a Travelodge I do not feel is fair to your customers. Differences - soap hooks in the bathroom and a change of coloured paint and room numbers.

Kate please do feel free to message me direct - and if your property reflected the 'changes in progress' I would still pay an enhanced amount in fairness to your brand - but I would still shop around as there are similar properties - same size rooms and facilities at half if not cheaper than this Ibis Style price within 1.2 miles.

Thank for taking the time in looking at our review.

Room Tip: Don't stay over the night club and bar if you can help it
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank F1RNY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Polish first
Kirriemuir, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

13 of us just spent two nights at this hotel. some travelled from london and norwich others from scotland. The Location was fantastic.yes there was some noise in SOME of the rooms, but it is central Blackpool, right next to the lively nightlife and over a nightclub. Is that not what you go to Blackpool for.
The hotel is undergoing some renovations and recently changed hands, and yes some rooms need a little upgrading, BUT the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very cheap when we booked and we cannot complain. We had a clean bed, daily clean towels, running hot water, tea and coffee facilities, 24 hour bar, next door to yates or weatherspoons for cheap view, good sea views in some rooms. What more could we wish for.
This is Blackpool so all you people who complain about nothing, get a life and start having some fun. Thats what we were there for, a fantastic weekend and we will be back in October.
Well done to the staff at the Ibis hotel.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room facing the sea, little quieter at night
1 Thank Tracy D
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I am a regular visitor to Blackpool have never stayed in a ibis hotel. But what a weekend i had great value, great staff, Awesome location, amazing to wake up and see the seafront. The room was clean and tidy. I spoke the manager Katie and see really made my stay by recommending some great restaurants and attractions to visit in the evenings. I WILL DEFINITELY BE RETURNING.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view rooms
England
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Originally booked this about six months in advance on the Travelodge website for a one night stay as myself and a family member had tickets for a concert in town and value for money/budget was the order of the day.
I received an email two months ago saying IBIS were converting the site but my booking with Travelodge would be honoured.
I dont think it would be fair of me to go into too much detail re state of the building etc which had clearly become "well used". It was however clear the Accor/IBIS were renovating the place to some degree, and still had a lot to do. The room I had on the 3rd floor corner was small and still bore the hallmarks of a typical Travelodge with all the usual facilities. My brothers room two doors along was on the other hand twice the size with a great view of the beach, and again being a classic Travelodge room.
There were also aircon units but these were not working. Not sure if these are IBIS or TL.
Check in was ok and they even let us in half an hour early at 2:30pm.

Security was also ok with landing access via the room key and I also saw cctv.

There is also a 24 hour bar next to reception

Overall the location is excellent. Right opposite the north pier and a tram stop. There are also lots of cabs and buses and you are only two minutes walk from loads of bars and resaturants.

Be warned though it will be noisy. There is a huge nightclub downstairs and two over the road which run until 4am.

Room Tip: Third Floor 304.
2 Thank Plateglass
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This hotel is in transition from Travelodge to Ibis and there is still a lot of snagging to be done. The Travelodge and Ibis systems are not yet synchronised. Reception staff were surprised that the Accor/Ibis website told me I could check in at 12 noon (their check in time is 3 p.m.) and didn't know how to process my Accor loyalty card. However, they were friendly and helpful and did give me a room on arrival, without charging £10 for early check in. The room (101) was big with two huge double windows looking onto the seafront and Talbot Square. It was light, airy and clean, but very sparsely furnished. A double bed and a work table and chair were the only furniture. Only one chair in a double room! Pillows and duvet were very thin and, whilst there was one spare pillow, there were no spare blankets. There were no radiators in the room and heat was provided by a plug-in convector heater. When this was turned off during the night the room quickly became cold. The bed was comfortable and, despite the nightclub downstairs and a number of celebratory parties staying in the hotel, there was no problem with noise. A thicker duvet would have made a huge difference to sleep quality. Breakfast was a very basic cold continental buffet. Unfortunately, the breakfast room doubles as the bar, which has a 24 hour alcohol policy. This meant that the men at the next table, who were on a "lads weekend", were able to have beer (and nothing else as far as I could see) for breakfast. They were noisy and opinionated and commandeered the staff. I found this annoying and uncomfortable. I noticed that most guests went out for breakfast and if I ever stayed there again I would probably do the same.

Had I not used loyalty points to cover part of the bill, I would have paid nearly as much for this room as for a standard Ibis and there is no comparison in quality or service provision. I have been using Ibis hotels for nearly 20 years but this was my first time in a "Styles". If this is typical of them, then Accor is in danger of severely damaging its Ibis brand. I would not stay there again and I would recommend it only to those who want nothing more than a clean bed in a convenient part of town.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Janet B
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Just the same with Change of Name NO heating same portable heating and beds even still Travelodge layout with very little change. still needs major refurbishment and sadly Ibis will need to watch in case people who stay here do notgo to another Ibis Hotel needs a revamp same staff staff everything apart from new name outside and odd name plate with colours and things to cover up Travelodge. cant wait till the new Premier opens along ttalbot road.

1 Thank johnbhoy_12
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Booked two rooms at this hotel for one night, i booked this hotel when it was owned by Travelodge. When booking i new there was a night clud on the ground floor so was expecting to not get a good nights sleep. I new there was no car park & also payed extra for a COOKED breakfast. As there was me and three friends I phoned the hotel up and asked for both rooms to have SINGLE beds in them. They told me that would not be a problem. A few days before i was due to stay a the hotel i found out the hotel had been sold and a new company had taken over. I phoned the hotel up a day before we arrived to check everything was okay with our booking and that we would still have single beds. They said everything is okay.
When we arrived at the hotel it was all clean & tidy. We were given our cards/ keys to our rooms and one room did not have single beds. (we did not complain and just left it) The rooms have no central heating - just a electric radiator which soon heated the rooms up, there was also a large air conditioning unit but they were not working, the tvs on the room had bad signal and only a few chanels worked. The rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable. We went out all night and came back and sat in the bar - The hotel seems to alow all the police officers and night angles who work on a night into there hotel to use to toilets/ have free coffes and have food. (this happened until the early hours) The night clud down on the ground floor is very loud and was blasting music till at least 4.30am. When we got up for breakfast we sat down and were asked for room numbers to prove we payed for breakfast. We were then told that we had not payed extra for breakfast!! WHEN WE HAD!! luckily i had printed my invoice proving i payed nearly £26 for a cooked breakfast! She told me traveloge had not passed over the information (this happened to alot of guest staying) We all felt like we were not welcome after this. Anyway - i asked a member of staff where is the cooked breakfast to which i get told they stopped doing them when traveloge sold the hotel. If i new this before hand i would not of payed extra for just toast and cereal.
All in all the hotel is okay for stagg and hen partys looking for a cheap place to stay, not ideal for familes due to the night clud down stairs. me and my friends enjoyed our stay at the hotel despite the problems due to traveloge but when we come back to blackpool we will be booking a different hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a room right on the top floor as you will here less noise from the night clud.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends