“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here on 26th and 27th Sept and was kindly given a sea view room. The staff on reception were very helpful and pleasant. The room was spotless clean and the continental brekkie was excellent with a wide range of choices. The illuminations were on and so was the most fabulous firework display on North Pier which we were able to watch from our room. Had a great time will defo return.

1 Thank Karen W
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review.

I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the Hotel to be spotlessly clean, the Team helpful and breakfast excellent.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Katy Mace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Polish first
Belfast N Ireland
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Having booked this hotel last year under Travelodge, we decided to return this year under the Ibis Styles brand. We booked a two night mid week break as this is normally a quieter time in the resort. On arrival we were greeted by a very helpful and friendly member of staff who quickly processed our booking. I asked could we be allocated two rooms with a sea view and the reply was that they have all ready been allocated to our booking, which was very welcome(we were allocated rooms on the 3rd floor over looking the square). The rooms haven't changed must from Travelodge apart from a fresh covering of paint and an Excellent comfortable bed, quilt and pillows. Breakfast in the morning is continental and for the small size of the dinning room, it was of very good quality with all the usual items that would be expected, always being replenished when required. During our stay, the hotel was very quite on the Wed night but on the Thur night there was a level of noise from the bar located under the hotel(hence the booking for mid week) but not to great as with the floor allocated.

The only downside of the stay would be the noise level from the bar under the hotel but if don't mind hearing this noise then this would not be a problem. We did have a problem with the payment for the booking as this should have been pre paid, but this never happened and I was informed on arrival that I had to pay for the rooms. It would have been good of the company to inform me of this prior to arrival and save the problems that this caused.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor and if possible a sea view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in Blackpool.

I'm so happy that you decided to return to our Hotel and that my Team were helpful and friendly.

I am pleased that you found our lovely new beds to be comfortable and breakfast enjoyable.

Some of our rates are pre-paid and others are payable upon arrival at the Hotel. If you chose to stay with us again, give the Hotel a call and we will arrange the best rate for you and do our best to allocate your rooms on a higher floor again. Our number is 01253 752 478.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed the last few days, paying £90 odd for a 2 night stay.

Looking from the outside it looks very run down, and it would be easy to have reservations about it. However, the inside is modern and well decorated.

Rooms are basic, but then didn't expect more with the money paid. Still has a good shower, bed and flat screen tv.

Excellent location for the north pier, shops, tower and bars. We were on the second floor and could hear some music from the north pier, but it wasn't very loud and too be honest any hotel in the north pier vicinity will have the same (as that's where a lot of pubs/clubs are).

Didn't eat there as we didn't want continental breakfast (had been told it was only this when booking).

Only down point was that it doesn't have it's own parking (which for a hotel of this size seem unusual). The nearest car park is on west st, would advise people not to use this one as it pretty expensive. The Apoec (situated above wilkinsons store) is half the price of the west st one at £7 for 24 hrs and is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel (reception did advise us of this).

Overall an above average hotel and excellent value for money (booked through Expedia).

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mikeyp102
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I'm very happy that you thought our Hotel was above average and excellent value for money. I'm also happy that you liked our refurbishment.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed here for 1night on a Saturday in August for £40 between us so was not expecting too much but were very surprised with what we got. The hotel has recently been done up to a good standard.

Our room was sea view on the 2nd floor, very clean, spacious and comfortable. A lot of noise and wind coming through the gap in our window- this needs sorting!

Breakfast was included and consisted of cereals, toast, yogurts, pastries and drinks. Not bad as it was included in the price.

Staff were great. Parking is £6 for 6pm-9am- around the corner but you need to pay a the hotel (they have a special rate) .

The entrance is a bit scruffy as people are smoking and drinking there and the hotel is right in the centre of the action so attracts party goers so I expected it.

Overall, very good stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm so happy that we exceeded your expectations. It's always lovely to hear that our guests find our rooms to be clean and comfortable and our Team great. I'm glad that you enjoyed our Continental breakfast.

We've fixed the window of the room that you stayed in. I apologise that the noise from the wind caused you a problem but I hope that it wouldn't deter you from staying at our Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in september. as i have walking disabilitys and chlostrophobia i asked for a first floor sea view room incase i couldnt go in the lift. apparantly due to maintenance our first floor room had to be taken out of service but we was given a second floor sea view room. the room itself still has many travelodge features and the windows are filthy and have spiders and webs in them. our bathroom light kept flickering and only on our second trip to reception did it get changed. if your expecting a full english breakfast then like us you ll be dissappointed!! Even though theres pics of a full english on there website apparantly its only continental as the site is being updated but due to the poor customer service and arrogant management they think its petfectly fine to carry on!! The dining room is to small for a 90 room hotel. it seats 40-50 people and at full capacity there would be 180 going for breakfast at any 1 time. theres 1 toaster for the entire hotel along with dirty cups and cutlery so be prepared to que for your rediculously poor breakfast. apart from 1 female night staff the rest of the staff were none to friendly and neither is the gm or area manager (theres another title for him but i cant remember it) we paid £163 for 2 nights but on top had to go out and pay for the breakfast we wanted but at least we didnt que for the use of the worlds most useless toaster. i wouldnt call it a hotel its more a hostel!! Theres also a lot of noise as there is a club underneath the hotel and due to its location you may well find pee or vomit near the entrance doorway as we did!! I wouldnt reccommend this place to my worst enemy and we have to endure it again as the only compensation offered was a free nights stay....brilliant!! We ll dodge the vomit, have a disco in the bathroom and play with the spiders....oh what fun we ll have not to mention go hungry!!

• Stayed September 2013
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very sorry that we had to allocate you a room on the second floor because of an unforeseen maintenance issue. You were of course more than welcome to stay in a room on the first floor but as you’d requested a sea view we did our best to give you the room you had requested.

I'm so sorry that even after exchanging several emails you still appear a little confused by the breakfast offering. As I explained, the website you were looking at was for one of our sister brands - ibis Hotels rather than us - ibis Styles. Any visitor to our website will see it clearly describes the Continental breakfast being included in the price and there's no mention of a full English breakfast at all.

Due to our sea-front location, the outside of the windows can become dirty quickly, especially if there is a westerly wind but even though we have them cleaned regularly, the wind, rain and sand can be tricky to contend with.

Breakfast does become busy when we are fully booked but luckily, people prefer to eat at different times of the morning. I am sorry that you had to queue to use the toaster.

I am so pleased that you have decided to return to our hotel and I am really looking forward to meeting you in November. I've allocated the same room you stayed in on the second floor as you've requested.

scotland
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I booked this hotel for 2 nights and got my dates mixed up but LUCY on reception sorted things out for me. How kind and helpful she was.Rooms very basic but all you need, flat screen tv,lovely shower and ever so cumfy beds. Breakfast was continental but plenty of everything. Excellent for me, out the door onto town centre. Would def be back. THANKS LUCY

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

I'm so happy that you were impressed by our Hotel, Continental breakfast and of course Lucy. We received your thank you card too and please be assured that it makes my day when I hear such lovely comments about my Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back (on the right dates!) next time you stay.

Walney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I usually book more privately run B&Bs / hotels on my travels, but when traveling with friends I have to go by a budget. I chose the Ibis Styles in Blackpool mainly for the price and location, which were great. I don't expect much from a chain hotel and I usually expect less from an Ibis hotel. This Ibis hotel was much better than the Ibis hotel I stayed in, in Manchester, but certainly nothing to write home about. The outside looks drab, but so do most of the hotels in Blackpool, the staff at check in were a bit blasé. Breakfast staff were friendly and attentive. Over all the rooms were OK, clean, but the window in out room was broken, so we couldn't open it.

Room Tip: Room 327 has a broken window / window won't open.
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad that the Team were friendly and attentive and that your room was clean. I'm pleased that you thought our price and location were great.

I'm sorry that your window didn't open, my Maintenance Operative is on the case.

I do hope you'd stay with us again in the future.