“Better than expected”

Ibis Styles Blackpool
Ranked #32 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I didn't have high hopes for this place as it was cheap and in a good location. I thought "something has to be up" but we were pleasantly surprised to find a spacious room, comfy bed (with memory foam topper) decent shower and a fair breakfast. This will be our hotel of choice when we come back to Blackpool after staying in some awful places in the past. I would also recommend parking your car in the wilkinson car park which has excellent rates.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm so happy that we surprised you with a spacious room, comfortable bed decent shower and fair breakfast!

I'm pleased that you'll return in the future, we'll see you again soon.

Katy Mace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
west midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

A vast improvement in cleanliness since the change over from Travelodge still some room for improvement.
Pros, nice quick friendly check in. Communal areas had quick refresh. Nice New comfortable beds. And shower screen instead of the cheap curtains.
Cons. Insist on credit card swipe and charge 1p then say refund on checkout??
. Have the discount parking but still more ££££ than Wilkinson car park. If u do use the offer go to reception before parking you need a voucher .

Had comfortable stay. Nicer now it's ibis Staff friendly and attentive. A couple of maintenance issues in room. hairdryer not working and 3 lights out. Staff assured us would be fixed this week.
Breakfast. Fresh and adequate continental

For less then £50 per night. It's nice stay esp if get sea view room. If more try a nice b&b

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robbie/stourbridge
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm glad you found the Hotel to be clean and refreshed and my Team friendly and attentive.

We pre-authorise all guests' credit / debit cards as a security measure. The 1p isn't taken from your account; we just hold it until the day of check-out and then release it.

The APCOA car park above Wilkinson is cheaper than NCP but we do offer a 50% discount on overnight parking by purchasing a £6 ticket from Reception that's valid from 6pm - 9:30am.

I hope you'll choose to stay with us again in the future.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were absolutely delighted with our room, and the security of having a key card to get into the corridor leading to our room was excellent. Felt very safe. The staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was terrific. The whole place was clean. Overlooked the sea.
This is exactly what Blackpool needs. We will definately book there again.

Room Tip: I could not delete the swimming pool dot. Did not see one there.
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I'm so pleased that we were exactly what you wanted, my Team were helpful and friendly and the Hotel was clean.

I look forward to welcoming you back really soon.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here Monday 21 Oct after a day enjoying Blackpool and the Illuminations - lovely big room on the 3rd floor, well equipped and plenty of space for 3 adults and our 1 year old daughter. Fantastic view over North Pier and the beach!

Didn't try breakfast but it did smell great as we were checking out.

Location is great right in the heart if the action - no noise from the club downstairs whatsoever, 3rd floor would suit us again in our next visit, would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed October 2013
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I'm so pleased that you had a great family break and that you loved your sea-view room.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was initially a little confused on arrival at the ibis Styles in Blackpool as the main entrance looks like a side door, and the reception is upstairs! Once I got over that and we found reception, the staff were friendly and check in was quick and easy. Our room had a sea view overlooking the North Pier which was lovely, the only thing that took away from this was the club downstairs which kept me awake on our second evening.

The room was basic but clean, although I had to go out and buy a hairdryer as the one in our room didn't work. Breakfast was a little bit of a pain while we were there - the dining room isn't really large enough to accommodate everyone at once, even though breakfast is served from 8-10am (though they told us 11am on check in which could have been a problem had we turned up at half 10 expecting breakfast). We had to wait for a table on both occassions, which wasn't a huge issue but once we were seated and eating, we felt very rushed as there were lots of others waiting on tables.

The only other disappointing thing is that there is no luggage storage. we were able to check in as soon as we arrived, but on check out, there were no facilities to store our luggage. As I suffer with M.E and am limited to what I can carry for any length of time, and my husband had a trapped nerve, we were unable to take full advantage of our last few hours in Blackpool and ended up just getting an earlier train home as we'd have only spent the day at Preston station anyway.

All in all, I would stay here again although the ibis was my husband's idea... My feeling is that when you go to Blackpool, you should do the family run bed and breakfasts

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are available and a higher floor would be further from the club so would help you get...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your trip.

I'm so happy you found my Team to be friendly and your room to be clean.

Breakfast is served until 11am at weekends so you won't have been disappointed had you decided to eat a little later. I am sorry that you had to wait for a table as the dining area was busy.

I'm sorry that you encountered noise from the club. Due to our central location, noise is sometimes heard, especially during a weekend. If you visit us again, give Reception a call before you arrive and we'll do our very best to allocate you a quieter room.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Bath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Was originally booked when it was a travelodge, however found before we travelled, that it was now an ibis,
We stayed for 2 nights, of which were total bliss. We had a room overlooking the beach, that was clean, and had all the essentials. A bit on the small side, but it was only being used to sleep in,
As Ibis had taken over, the place was a total refurb, and looked lovely and stylish.
Had a very good welcome. And on returning from a night out, the guy working the night shift was very friendly and helpful
Overall would highly recommend!!!
Only down side, is no on site parking,

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review.

Total bliss? Can't ask for more than that!

I'm pleased your room was clean and my Team were friendly and helpful and you had a good welcome.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed in the Ibis Styles for 2 nights arriving on Saturday 19th October, I had e-mailed the hotel before our arrival to ask about luggage storage as we were arriving early and before check in. I received a prompt response advising that they would try to check me in ASAP when we arrived (Which they did!) They also helped me in putting wine glasses in my room as it was a special occasion.
When we arrived in our room, we found it clean, spacious and we had a really good view of the North Pier out of the windows. After a great night sleep in a really comfortable bed, we had breakfast which was included in our rate. The continental breakfast was ideal with lots of items to choose from (A little note, it does get really busy and they only have limited tables - so try and go as early as possible!). The staff serving at breakfast were really friendly, I just wish that there was an area for people to put their dirty plates to help out the staff as they are really busy and I felt sorry for the lady clearing all of the plates from the tables on a high turnover.
The hotel is in a perfect locations to see and do everything you want to in Blackpool and If returning to Blackpool would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I'm pleased we were able to check you in early and that your room was clean and spacious with a great view.

I'm happy you enjoyed our Continental breakfast and that the Team were friendly. Thank you for bearing with us during breakfast, like you say, it can get busy if our guests chose to eat at similar times.

I'm so glad that you'll chose to stay with us again, we look forward to seeing you in the future.