“10/10 for value for money”

Ibis Styles Blackpool
Ranked #34 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Newcastle
“10/10 for value for money”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

just back from this hotel and must say that it was great value for money. the hotel is directly opposite the north pier and we booked 4 rooms all had sea front views. although there is no parking at the hotel there is a multi story car park behind this hotel on west street which charges £13 for 24 hours stay.
we ( party of 8 consisting of 6 adults ages 25-48 and children aged 11-15) found the hotel to be very clean and staff very friendly. the rooms were modern, small bathroon with shower, towels provided also hairdryer ,and tea and coffee facilities. the beds seemed to have a memory foam topper and were probably one of the most comfortable i have ever slept in...i am off out today to buy a memory foam topper for my own bed!!
Breakfast at the hotel isself service continental,..warm croissants, pain au chocolat seeded buns, ham cheeses, brekfast cereals, yogurt, bread to toast, jam marmalade, nutella etc...something for everyone.
on returning to the hotel in the evening the kids ordered food from the hotel menu, which was quite good value for money, my som ordered a pizza which was a fair size and cost around £7.95 which i thought it was good value for money.
really impressed with this hotel and would stay here again!! well done Ibis Styles!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for such a lovely review.

I really do love to hear when our guests check-out having had a great stay with my friendly Team in our clean rooms.

I'm glad you loved our beds - I agree it's the most comfortable bed I've slept in too. You can actually buy one for your home at http://www.ibisstore.com (I've asked Santa for one).

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel soon.

Katy Mace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Polish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights in October. Nice clean rooms, staff were friendly and polite. Would go back again. Lifts to all floors and 24 hour access using room cards made it perfect for late nights and the location was perfect as in the middle of all the night life.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your trip.

I'm so happy you found our Hotel to be clean and my Team to be friendly and helpful.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I didn't have high hopes for this place as it was cheap and in a good location. I thought "something has to be up" but we were pleasantly surprised to find a spacious room, comfy bed (with memory foam topper) decent shower and a fair breakfast. This will be our hotel of choice when we come back to Blackpool after staying in some awful places in the past. I would also recommend parking your car in the wilkinson car park which has excellent rates.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm so happy that we surprised you with a spacious room, comfortable bed decent shower and fair breakfast!

I'm pleased that you'll return in the future, we'll see you again soon.

west midlands
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

A vast improvement in cleanliness since the change over from Travelodge still some room for improvement.
Pros, nice quick friendly check in. Communal areas had quick refresh. Nice New comfortable beds. And shower screen instead of the cheap curtains.
Cons. Insist on credit card swipe and charge 1p then say refund on checkout??
. Have the discount parking but still more ££££ than Wilkinson car park. If u do use the offer go to reception before parking you need a voucher .

Had comfortable stay. Nicer now it's ibis Staff friendly and attentive. A couple of maintenance issues in room. hairdryer not working and 3 lights out. Staff assured us would be fixed this week.
Breakfast. Fresh and adequate continental

For less then £50 per night. It's nice stay esp if get sea view room. If more try a nice b&b

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robbie/stourbridge
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm glad you found the Hotel to be clean and refreshed and my Team friendly and attentive.

We pre-authorise all guests' credit / debit cards as a security measure. The 1p isn't taken from your account; we just hold it until the day of check-out and then release it.

The APCOA car park above Wilkinson is cheaper than NCP but we do offer a 50% discount on overnight parking by purchasing a £6 ticket from Reception that's valid from 6pm - 9:30am.

I hope you'll choose to stay with us again in the future.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were absolutely delighted with our room, and the security of having a key card to get into the corridor leading to our room was excellent. Felt very safe. The staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was terrific. The whole place was clean. Overlooked the sea.
This is exactly what Blackpool needs. We will definately book there again.

Room Tip: I could not delete the swimming pool dot. Did not see one there.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I'm so pleased that we were exactly what you wanted, my Team were helpful and friendly and the Hotel was clean.

I look forward to welcoming you back really soon.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here Monday 21 Oct after a day enjoying Blackpool and the Illuminations - lovely big room on the 3rd floor, well equipped and plenty of space for 3 adults and our 1 year old daughter. Fantastic view over North Pier and the beach!

Didn't try breakfast but it did smell great as we were checking out.

Location is great right in the heart if the action - no noise from the club downstairs whatsoever, 3rd floor would suit us again in our next visit, would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed October 2013
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I'm so pleased that you had a great family break and that you loved your sea-view room.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was initially a little confused on arrival at the ibis Styles in Blackpool as the main entrance looks like a side door, and the reception is upstairs! Once I got over that and we found reception, the staff were friendly and check in was quick and easy. Our room had a sea view overlooking the North Pier which was lovely, the only thing that took away from this was the club downstairs which kept me awake on our second evening.

The room was basic but clean, although I had to go out and buy a hairdryer as the one in our room didn't work. Breakfast was a little bit of a pain while we were there - the dining room isn't really large enough to accommodate everyone at once, even though breakfast is served from 8-10am (though they told us 11am on check in which could have been a problem had we turned up at half 10 expecting breakfast). We had to wait for a table on both occassions, which wasn't a huge issue but once we were seated and eating, we felt very rushed as there were lots of others waiting on tables.

The only other disappointing thing is that there is no luggage storage. we were able to check in as soon as we arrived, but on check out, there were no facilities to store our luggage. As I suffer with M.E and am limited to what I can carry for any length of time, and my husband had a trapped nerve, we were unable to take full advantage of our last few hours in Blackpool and ended up just getting an earlier train home as we'd have only spent the day at Preston station anyway.

All in all, I would stay here again although the ibis was my husband's idea... My feeling is that when you go to Blackpool, you should do the family run bed and breakfasts

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are available and a higher floor would be further from the club so would help you get...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your trip.

I'm so happy you found my Team to be friendly and your room to be clean.

Breakfast is served until 11am at weekends so you won't have been disappointed had you decided to eat a little later. I am sorry that you had to wait for a table as the dining area was busy.

I'm sorry that you encountered noise from the club. Due to our central location, noise is sometimes heard, especially during a weekend. If you visit us again, give Reception a call before you arrive and we'll do our very best to allocate you a quieter room.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.