“Awesome”

Ibis Styles Blackpool
Ranked #35 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 30 October 2013

As I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to chintzy B&Bs that smell of greasy bacon and boiled cabbage I booked the Ibis for myself and my son. As some other reviews stated the entrance was dirty and uninviting and the communal corridors weren't very clean but the room was as my son said 'awesome' clean, stylish, had everything we needed. Laptop table was an added bonus for my son and complimentary WiFi exactly what we need. I can't believe there are still hotels that charge for WiFi to be honest. Breakfast was great both the food and the surroundings. Luckily the advice given on tripadvisor about parking helped my plan to find the Wilkinsons car park which was cheap and if I had been more organised I could have got it even cheaper by getting a weekly pass. Already planning our next trip and will definitely book the Ibis

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm so pleased that your son liked our awesome refurbishment and that your room was clean. I'm sorry you felt the entrance was uninviting, the wind makes it really tricky to contend with but we really do try our best to keep the lobby clean and tidy.

I'm glad this hasn't deterred you from staying with us again; we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Just stayed in a twin room for one night t wee the lights. Central position and we had a lovely sea view and plenty of space in the room. Fabulous breakfast. .Loved the selection of coffees and cheeses. Go to Blackpool twice a year and will always stay here.Parking in the nearby streets is no problem. Thankyou for a lovely stay

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank normaharris

Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review.

I'm pleased that you had a very comfortable stay and enjoyed our fabulous Continental breakfast.

I hope we'll be able to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

just back from this hotel and must say that it was great value for money. the hotel is directly opposite the north pier and we booked 4 rooms all had sea front views. although there is no parking at the hotel there is a multi story car park behind this hotel on west street which charges £13 for 24 hours stay.
we ( party of 8 consisting of 6 adults ages 25-48 and children aged 11-15) found the hotel to be very clean and staff very friendly. the rooms were modern, small bathroon with shower, towels provided also hairdryer ,and tea and coffee facilities. the beds seemed to have a memory foam topper and were probably one of the most comfortable i have ever slept in...i am off out today to buy a memory foam topper for my own bed!!
Breakfast at the hotel isself service continental,..warm croissants, pain au chocolat seeded buns, ham cheeses, brekfast cereals, yogurt, bread to toast, jam marmalade, nutella etc...something for everyone.
on returning to the hotel in the evening the kids ordered food from the hotel menu, which was quite good value for money, my som ordered a pizza which was a fair size and cost around £7.95 which i thought it was good value for money.
really impressed with this hotel and would stay here again!! well done Ibis Styles!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for such a lovely review.

I really do love to hear when our guests check-out having had a great stay with my friendly Team in our clean rooms.

I'm glad you loved our beds - I agree it's the most comfortable bed I've slept in too. You can actually buy one for your home at http://www.ibisstore.com (I've asked Santa for one).

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights in October. Nice clean rooms, staff were friendly and polite. Would go back again. Lifts to all floors and 24 hour access using room cards made it perfect for late nights and the location was perfect as in the middle of all the night life.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your trip.

I'm so happy you found our Hotel to be clean and my Team to be friendly and helpful.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I didn't have high hopes for this place as it was cheap and in a good location. I thought "something has to be up" but we were pleasantly surprised to find a spacious room, comfy bed (with memory foam topper) decent shower and a fair breakfast. This will be our hotel of choice when we come back to Blackpool after staying in some awful places in the past. I would also recommend parking your car in the wilkinson car park which has excellent rates.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm so happy that we surprised you with a spacious room, comfortable bed decent shower and fair breakfast!

I'm pleased that you'll return in the future, we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

A vast improvement in cleanliness since the change over from Travelodge still some room for improvement.
Pros, nice quick friendly check in. Communal areas had quick refresh. Nice New comfortable beds. And shower screen instead of the cheap curtains.
Cons. Insist on credit card swipe and charge 1p then say refund on checkout??
. Have the discount parking but still more ££££ than Wilkinson car park. If u do use the offer go to reception before parking you need a voucher .

Had comfortable stay. Nicer now it's ibis Staff friendly and attentive. A couple of maintenance issues in room. hairdryer not working and 3 lights out. Staff assured us would be fixed this week.
Breakfast. Fresh and adequate continental

For less then £50 per night. It's nice stay esp if get sea view room. If more try a nice b&b

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robbie/stourbridge

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm glad you found the Hotel to be clean and refreshed and my Team friendly and attentive.

We pre-authorise all guests' credit / debit cards as a security measure. The 1p isn't taken from your account; we just hold it until the day of check-out and then release it.

The APCOA car park above Wilkinson is cheaper than NCP but we do offer a 50% discount on overnight parking by purchasing a £6 ticket from Reception that's valid from 6pm - 9:30am.

I hope you'll choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were absolutely delighted with our room, and the security of having a key card to get into the corridor leading to our room was excellent. Felt very safe. The staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was terrific. The whole place was clean. Overlooked the sea.
This is exactly what Blackpool needs. We will definately book there again.

Room Tip: I could not delete the swimming pool dot. Did not see one there.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I'm so pleased that we were exactly what you wanted, my Team were helpful and friendly and the Hotel was clean.

I look forward to welcoming you back really soon.