“Terrible time, avoid!”

Ranked #33 of 69 Hotels in Blackpool
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Terrible time, avoid!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here in April over the bank holiday weekend and we will never go back! We had to move rooms because the shower plug was blocked and was filling the shower cubicle with water and we were right by the door to the floor so all we could hear was banging, we had to move rooms like an hour after we arrived! After we moved rooms, it got a little better but there is a nightclub underneath the hotel so all you can hear is loud banging from the music until 3am! The windows were dirty and so were the rooms!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amy H
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in April.

I'm really sorry that your plug had become blocked in your shower but I'm happy that my Team were able to resolve this problem for you.

Like most town centres, some noise may be heard from other businesses in the vicinity and I am sorry that you could hear noise from Yates’ next door and general noise from the street.

I hope you'll give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Katy Mace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Polish first
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location right on the seafront opposite north pier,,tram station is a hop and a skip away..we were lucky to get an amazing sea view this time which really made it special,,room was very clean and a nice size,,complimentary continental breakfast was excellent with plenty of variety,we will be back, one criticism only on this occasion the receptionist at book in was disinterested to the point of being rude maybe some he looked like he was having a bad day,,as he was the first person we saw after first coming into hotel. First impressions matter ,,don't they? Some raised eyebrows in the lift after book in ,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sixt7
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm very happy that you love our Hotel and found it to be clean and that your breakfast was excellent.

As I'm sure you've seen within other comments made by our guests, the vast majority have nothing but praise for my Team but it would appear that we haven't delivered our usual high standard of service to you. Please accept my appologies and assurance that I will investigate and ensure it doesn't happen again.

I'm really pleased that you'll let us welcome you back again in the future.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Checking in on a wet Saturday afternoon, all went well, polite staff, good room with sea view, ideally located on the promenade and not far from Blackpool North Station, Blackpool Tower etc. Wandering around on Saturday evening one couldn't help but notice the number of hen parties, stag nights, birthday celebrations all enjoying themselves. The thought crosses ones mind - are any of these staying at my hotel? The chances are good that they are, and so it proved, in the "wee small hours" laughing, screaming, doors opening and closing lasting for about an hour. Thankfully the Sunday night was quieter so was able to catch up with sleep. So, the Ibis Styles, is a good place to stay, but be aware your sleep is likely to be disturbed at the weekend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank alan_uk1953
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your sea-view room and found my Team to be polite.

I'm happy that you found our Hotel to be ideally situated but apologise that some noise could be heard from other businesses within the vicinity.

I hope you chose to stay again in the future.

Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Iwas told that this hotel would not be suitable for us as we were group of mothers and daughters on a weekend away,when we arrived the staff were very friendly and obliging.the rooms were clean and cheerfull,the breakfast was lovely,the bar was very reasonably priced,the only downtag parties side is it can very noisy late dontat night from the nightclub below,but my room was reasonably quiet.Ido not think you cannot expect much more when in blackpool as it is the capitol of the hen and stag parties ,but we enjoyed all that was going on from our window that had a sea view.

Room Tip: ask for the quietist room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank judith g
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm so pleased that you all had a great weekend and that my Team was friendly and the rooms clean and cheerful.

I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My teenage daughter and i stayed at the Ibis Styles Blackpool at the end of October 2013,The Staff were polite and very helpful.The room was clean and a sufficiant size for both of us.The beds were very comfy,with clean linen.The window looked over the back of the hotel however we had a great view of the tower.We went Tuesday to Friday and the only problem we had was on the last night there was a night club that had very loud music playing untill the early hours of the morning.So if you are staying for the weekend i would recommend earplugs.Overall the hotel is a short walk from a lot of Blackpool`s big attractions,The staff were great and very approachable and i would recommend a stay at this hotel and would stay again if ever visiting Blackpool.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jane p
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review from your stay last October.

I'm really pleased that you and your daughter had a great stay and hope to welcome you back this year.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I booked with travelodge but when got there was ibis styles check in was fine room was good with a half decent view my only problem now is the price difference since it's name change I wouldn't consider spending a night here at what they charge.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review from your stay in July last year.

As I'm sure you'll see from comments from our lovely guests, the vast majority consider us great value for money. We have lots of campaigns that offer up to 30% off our room rate. You can get our best prices by calling our Reception Team on 01253 752 478.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

we stayed for two nights at the ibis. what a gem it is..good ,helpful staff ,with a sense of humour.very clean room ,breakfast was very good .unlimited tea/coffee all day,24/7 bar and restruant if you want it...beds very comfy and spacious.lifts very helpful. 12 o'clock checkout very good. breakfast between 0700-10.00am very good. we would return again. good bar prices

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review.

I'm really pleased that you found my Team to be helpful and welcoming and our rooms clean.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future (I'll ensure the Team have some new jokes too!)