“Excellent stay...”

Ibis Styles Blackpool
Ranked #36 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here at the weekend, and was really pleased with the place. Although we couldnt check in until 2pm, it wasnt a problem as there was plenty to do in the meantime.

Hotel was clean, the decor is bright and really inviting. Anyone expecting a quiet nights sleep in Blackpool is clearly optimistic, but we were very suprised. We had a room on the prom, right next to 2 bars and cannot believe that we werent woken at all. There was some noise as expected but nothing to ruin a sleep.

Breakfast was really nice, and plenty of choice. No hot cooked foods, but a good choice of continental items.

Excellent location, and would definately visit again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I'm so pleased that you had an excellent stay and found our Hotel to be clean, bright and inviting.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Katy Mace

Write a ReviewReviews (1,106)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
2  Thank Michael Z
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stopped at the ibis for one night all I can say great staff good food great value and the bed was really good been to Blackpool 100s of time and this is my 1st time in the ibis I will be back 100%
The supervisor that was on wed the 18th June thanks so much for all your help

Room Tip: Don't think about it book it you will not be sorry
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank goldenboy916
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your review.

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed our Hotel and found my Team to be first class.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel when visiting to see a concert at the Winter Gardens. It was ideally located, only being a 4 minute walk to the venue. Being honest, the outside of the hotel could do with smartening up but inside, the hotel was clean. The lady on reception could not have been more friendly or helpful. I was on the 4th floor where there are only two rooms, but be warned the lift only goes to the 3rd. This was no problem to me being fit and healthy but could be an issue for people with disabilities ( I assume they would not put them on the 4th floor?). The room was basic but clean. Had all I could need - clean towels, spare pillows, hair/body wash, hairdryer and kettle with tea/coffee and air con. The hotel itself is right opposite the North Pier so ideally located for the tower and tram stops to other places. Breakfast was included in the room rate and consisted of a buffet style help yourself. It was more than adequate with cereal, tea/coffee, fruit juice, toast, croissants, fresh fruit, dried fruit and cold meat available. During my time at breakfast, the staff were continually re-stocking the items. I've stayed in a lot more expensive hotels and had a lot worse. Thank you to the team for making my stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Room 402 was ideal - not a great view (looks onto another building) but there are only 2 rooms on th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Alan D
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I'm really happy that you found our Hotel to be clean and my Team friendly. I'm glad that you enjoyed our Continental breakfast.

I hope to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here in April over the bank holiday weekend and we will never go back! We had to move rooms because the shower plug was blocked and was filling the shower cubicle with water and we were right by the door to the floor so all we could hear was banging, we had to move rooms like an hour after we arrived! After we moved rooms, it got a little better but there is a nightclub underneath the hotel so all you can hear is loud banging from the music until 3am! The windows were dirty and so were the rooms!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amy H

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in April.

I'm really sorry that your plug had become blocked in your shower but I'm happy that my Team were able to resolve this problem for you.

Like most town centres, some noise may be heard from other businesses in the vicinity and I am sorry that you could hear noise from Yates’ next door and general noise from the street.

I hope you'll give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location right on the seafront opposite north pier,,tram station is a hop and a skip away..we were lucky to get an amazing sea view this time which really made it special,,room was very clean and a nice size,,complimentary continental breakfast was excellent with plenty of variety,we will be back, one criticism only on this occasion the receptionist at book in was disinterested to the point of being rude maybe some he looked like he was having a bad day,,as he was the first person we saw after first coming into hotel. First impressions matter ,,don't they? Some raised eyebrows in the lift after book in ,

2  Thank sixt7
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm very happy that you love our Hotel and found it to be clean and that your breakfast was excellent.

As I'm sure you've seen within other comments made by our guests, the vast majority have nothing but praise for my Team but it would appear that we haven't delivered our usual high standard of service to you. Please accept my appologies and assurance that I will investigate and ensure it doesn't happen again.

I'm really pleased that you'll let us welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Checking in on a wet Saturday afternoon, all went well, polite staff, good room with sea view, ideally located on the promenade and not far from Blackpool North Station, Blackpool Tower etc. Wandering around on Saturday evening one couldn't help but notice the number of hen parties, stag nights, birthday celebrations all enjoying themselves. The thought crosses ones mind - are any of these staying at my hotel? The chances are good that they are, and so it proved, in the "wee small hours" laughing, screaming, doors opening and closing lasting for about an hour. Thankfully the Sunday night was quieter so was able to catch up with sleep. So, the Ibis Styles, is a good place to stay, but be aware your sleep is likely to be disturbed at the weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank alan_uk1953
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your sea-view room and found my Team to be polite.

I'm happy that you found our Hotel to be ideally situated but apologise that some noise could be heard from other businesses within the vicinity.

I hope you chose to stay again in the future.