“Such a shame”

Ibis Styles Blackpool
Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
“Such a shame”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and were greeted by a lovely lady at the reception and told us where the cheapest and closest car park which was half price to the one advertised with the hotel. Unfortunately when we arrived the boiler had broke but were assured it would be fixed within the next few hours. In total the boilers had been out of service for over 24 hours and we were unable to take a shower until 10pm at night after we had already been out. To make matters worse two of the staff that we spoke to lacked people skills when enquiring about the hot water issue. The hair dryer did not work either. Shame as the room was lovely and great for what we wanted. We will not be staying here again due to the staff.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Laura B
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

We honestly try to provide a great experience for all of our guests and mostly we do get this right. If you'd like to discuss your feedback about my Team with me, I'd be really happy to listen. My telephone number is 01253 752 478.

I hope to speak to you soon.

Katy Mace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just returned from a couple of nights at the Ibis Styles. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was basic but plenty of choices and lots of it. The bathroom had a large shower. The staff are really so friendly and helpful. We have booked for more short breaks there over the summer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank currycraver

Thank you for your review.

I'm really happy that you found our Hotel to be clean and comfortable and my Team friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed in sea front room - very nice - but could hardly see out windows -had not been cleaned in a long time - sink was cracked - carpet wasn't the cleanest I've seen -arrived on Wednesday left today Friday and have not had shower or hair wash as there has been no hot water - don't think I'll be back - going to book into an other hotel so I can have shower- on the plus side bed was very comfy and clean

2 Thank Margaret B

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry that we had issues with the water heaters. I'm pleased to say they are now fixed but nonetheless, I am sorry that your stay was marred.

I am pleased that you found the bed to be comfortable and clean.

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed at Ibis Styles Blackpool for 4 Nights From 16/06/2014 - 20/06/2014.
0n arrival to reception to check in was met by very pleasant staff & very Informative.
Had a very nice room with sea view of north pier & coast. Only down side was the smell of the room when we arrived as if dogs had been in the room, but soon cleared when we opened the windows. Was a bit upset that the toilet paper was not changed from previous guests we had half used toilet roll, Luckily our room was next to the linen room and we were able to get fresh toilet paper. Bed was very comfortable and warm. Nice Bathroom with lovely shower. Breakfast was continental,very nice and as much as you could eat, Again staff really nice & friendly. Hotel very modern and clean. would recommend to all.

1 Thank nadosh1
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm really pleased you had a good stay with us and found our Hotel to be clean and modern and my Team friendly.

I hope to welcome you back to our Hotel soon.

Northants
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

First impressions are everything at a hotel and we certainly were not impressed by the staff member at reception who was rude and acted like he didn't want to be there. On the website it states discounted parking-there isn't. You are best parking at wilkinsons car park which the second staff member told us about saving us over £30. The room itself was clean and tidy however the windows from the outside are very dirty meaning your sea view isn't very visible. We were on the second floor room 201 right next to the entrance door and lift so we hardly got a nights sleep from the door banging from people coming in and out 24/7. In the end we left the hotel a night early as we couldn't bear being their a night longer with no sleep. The housekeeping walked in the room whilst we were sleeping twice in 15 minutes and to top it off we had no hot water on the last day. Breakfast is rubbish so a waste of extra money which we wish we didn't pay for. So overall we left tired and out of pocket!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Bazz0712
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

We honestly try to provide a great experience for all of our guests and mostly we do get this right. If you'd like to discuss your feedback with me, I'd be really happy to listen. My telephone number is 01253 752 478.

I hope to speak to you soon.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Overall this is a very good hotel. I have stayed in many Ibis branded hotels but this is the first time I have stated in a Styles one. The cleanliness of the room was good, but the carpet was covered in hair and hadn't been vacuumed very well. The shower was also very poor, very low pressure, and it looks like the shower head hadn't been cleaned in a long while, Whilst the beds were very comfy (which they always are at Ibis hotels), I'm not convinced that this hotel was any better than a normal Ibis hotel. However, it was a good nights sleep in a brilliant location, so I would stay again, although some improvements wouldn't go a miss.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

1 Thank James M

Thank you for your review.

I'm happy that you found us to be a very good hotel and I really do hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future as I’m very confident that on such an occasion the quality of housekeeping will be up to our usual high standards.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here at the weekend, and was really pleased with the place. Although we couldnt check in until 2pm, it wasnt a problem as there was plenty to do in the meantime.

Hotel was clean, the decor is bright and really inviting. Anyone expecting a quiet nights sleep in Blackpool is clearly optimistic, but we were very suprised. We had a room on the prom, right next to 2 bars and cannot believe that we werent woken at all. There was some noise as expected but nothing to ruin a sleep.

Breakfast was really nice, and plenty of choice. No hot cooked foods, but a good choice of continental items.

Excellent location, and would definately visit again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I'm so pleased that you had an excellent stay and found our Hotel to be clean, bright and inviting.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.