“2nd stay and just as good, if not better”

Ibis Styles Blackpool
Ranked #33 of 69 Hotels in Blackpool
Chester
“2nd stay and just as good, if not better”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was in a group of 9 ladies (in our forties) and we stayed last Saturday night. We had 4 rooms - 3 rooms for 2 and one room for 3. I was in the '3' room which had a large double bed, one single bed, massive bay window with a sea view and view over the pedestrian area at the front of the hotel, table and 2 chairs, dressing table and there was still lots of space. The room and the bathroom were modern and very clean and there was soap and shower gel provided.

The ladies on reception were probably the friendliest I have come across in a good while. They were extremely helpful and couldn't do enough for us.

We heard no noise in our room (2nd floor) from outside or from people passing by in the corridor.

There was plenty to eat at breakfast - cereals, yoghurts, fruit, rolls, ham, cheese, fruit, bread for toasting and assorted jams. As well as fruit juice and a drinks machine for tea, coffee, etc.

I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel .

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are the best!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CMcGChester
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I am really pleased that your rooms were very clean and that Becki and Trish were friendly and helpful.

I hope to welcome you back next year.

Katy Mace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Polish first
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I Stayed at the Ibis Fleetwood while on holiday from Australia. The staff were so friendly and informative and the view of the Noth pier from my room was spectacular. The location could not have been better, the tram was 40 second walk away and the shopping district was 2 minute walk. I will be back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stephen D
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm really happy that you found my Team to be friendly and informative and that you liked the central location of our Hotel.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. On arrival the staff were very quick to get us in our room despite us being 30 minutes early for check-in. They were friendly throughout our stay and dealt with small matters like needing more loo roll very promptly. The hotel really is in a great location, 2 minute walk from the central shopping area, 10 seconds from the North Pier, 5 minutes from the Central Pier and a 30 minute walk or 8 minute tram journey from the Pleasure Beach and Sancastle attractions, as well as the South Pier. The room was clean and nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable. We had read reviews complaining about noise before our trip but we couldn't hear a thing all night (We stayed Sunday-Tuesday) and we were only on the first floor. The only qualm was the lack of options at breakfast. A english breakfast or some sort of hot breakfast would make all the difference but a continental breakfast is advertised, and that's what is supplied. Overall, my girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our hotel experience and trip as a whole and would definitely stay at the Ibis Styles Blackpool again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have easy access to the breakfast bar, reception and entrance to the hotel...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm really pleased that you found my Team to be friendly and efficient and that you liked the Hotel's decor and our location.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Upon arrival at the hotel we had an immediate sinking feeling, with dirty carpets in the corridors, broken lifts and uninterested staff made us feel unwelcome, even more so when we were sent to a room which was already occupied (embarrassing to say the least). We finally arrived at our room to find it basic but in generally clean order. We were really pleased with the Air Con unit, a god send considering the hot weather. Whilst the location was superb we were quick to realise we were in a noisy area and the hotel was full of hen/stag do's. We were woken up with knocking/banging on the door throughout the night which combined with scratchy bed sheets made for a poor nights sleep. We were again greeted with the same disinterest upon check-out and we felt truly ripped off. We were charged an inflated weekend rate. Perhaps the hotel could attempt to try and keep stags/hens on one floor in future away from other holiday makers wanting a good nights sleep. Will stick to South Shore to stay from now on.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SarahC511
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am pleased that you found your room to be clean and that the air conditioning was a God send.

Like you say, we are in a great location. Unfortunately, sometimes noise can be heard from other businesses in the vicinity. I am sorry that this marred your stay.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

On entering the rooms corridor we were hit with an awful smell; like mothballs and stale cigar smoke. The rooms stank even worse. Mentioned it to reception who apologised but no explanation. Had to use deodorant and aftershave to mask the smell. The smell had even stuck to all my clothes when I had returned home! Awful!
Would at least like a phone in the room and an iron, and a safe or wardrobe doors maybe. Oh hot water pipes made awful noise too.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Col P
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I'm really sorry that you encountered issues in your room. I'd really like to discuss this if it convenient for you. My number is 01253 752 478.

Penrith, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel on 24/07/14. Having been here before and raised concerns at that time, I really hoped there would be an improvement. Sadly I was let down once again.

I stayed in a twin room looking onto the back of a nightclub. The room was absolutely tiny and the twin beds basically touched. There was no room to manoeuvre round the room without one person lying on the bed.

There was a horrific smell of drains that lingered over everything. When flushing the toilet, it sounded like a foghorn.

The worst thing was the air conditioning. It was a scorching hot day / night and the air conditioning barely cooled anything. It was set so low that the room was still like a sauna. I mentioned this to other friends who were staying in the hotel and they agreed it was the same in their rooms. The only cool place was reception. When I told the receptionists about this it was completely dismissed.

As a frequent traveller, this hotel really did not get the basics right. We booked our rooms in January and yet ended up with what I feel were some of the worst in the hotel. It really needs to up its game.

The only good thing is the location

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank littlesthobo7
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest

I'm really sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay.

We really do try to ensure every one of our guests have a great stay but it seems that on this occasion we have failed to deliver.

If you'd like to discuss your feedback further, please feel free to give me a call on 01253 752 478.

Stewarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Good Location, friendly attentive staff, comfy beds, clean compact rooms. Nice touch with coffee/hot chocolate/drinks etc just off reception. Good value for money, easy check in/out and no problems at all with stay here. Air Con was a blast ( get it?? ) and was needed in those temps!! All in all, a faultless report on our first stay at The Ibis.

Noticed previous reviewers complaining about noise from club/bar below or around hotel which really Hotel can do nothing about apart from triple glazing which I presume would inflate room prices??

We stayed Mon - Thurs, party on Mon at pub below hotel so bass boom till 1am but what do you expect from a party/holiday near enough town centre location and every other night was fine but if you do go at the weekend or thereabouts PLEASE BE AWARE that people are there to party so EXPECT NOISE!! Don't like noise, book somewhere that's NOT nearly within a stones throw of the centre of the town.

Anyway, fully deserving of 5 stars, PRICE, COMFORT, CLEANLINESS, FRIENDLY STAFF.

Will book again and would recommend that you do to.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review.

I am so pleased that you had a blast and we've got a faultless report from you.

We hope to welcome you back soon.