“Brilliant hotel, brilliant owners”
Review of The Wilcot Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Wilcot Hotel
Ranked #165 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2009

When you go to blackpool you may think of cheap run down hotels, but with the WILCOT this certainly aint the case. when i first arrived i was greeted by the owners Adrian & Terry who made me feel instantly welcomed. They explained the hotel and policies to me after a drink they showed me my room, i was very surprised as ive stayed in blackpool many many times and been made to find my own way to my room to find it dirty small and generally not very nice. So it was quite welcomed to be shown a very nice room, nice size, clean, and everything working.

It is very close to town centre, train and Bus station. and about 2 million bars to relieve you of all your spends. i opted to drink in the hotel bar with its nice leather seating good music and if your lucky Adrian might be playing something on his baby grand. (piano).

good bar prices and a brilliant way to meet the other residents which you dont seem to find in other small hotels.

On your next visit to blackpool give "The Wilcot" a try, you wont be staying anywhere else after staying here.

Thanks to Terry and Adrian for a fantastic stay,

(read my other reviews on hotels ive stayed at)

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 April 2009

We stayed for a birthday back in February of 2009. Now, when we arrived Blackpool was dead to the world, being off season we were often the only people in places during the day. However when we arrived at the Wilcott we were greeted with the warmest welcome. Terry and Adrian were great, real hosts!
The rooms were comfortable and well sized, very clean and had everything you would need while away for a weekend; towels, warm bedding and plenty of tea and coffee.
The bar features attentive staff and very reasonable prices. I was invited to try a very conspicuous liquour from the deepest darkest depths of Germany that had me seeing pink elephants and playing the piano in minutes!
And as the saying goes save the best to last... Now I do not consider my self a religious man, however when it comes to breakfast a bloomin' good full english - all singing - all dancing fry up is what i bow down too and my goodness was it a pleasure to nibble of those delightful sausages, dunk crisp toast in those perfect eggs and take gulps of fantastic on - tap tea! Seriously good breakfast.

I have often found over the years that when staying away from home, a large Hotel provides a slightly clinical but very predictable stay. Smaller, independant hotels can sometimes be hit and miss on whether the hosts get it right. I have to say that i have never felt so welcomed and comfortable when away from home in the UK. It was geat.

Would i recommend it to a friend? Well i have to many, infact we are all going back in June with an even bigger group and new people!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2009

I found the Wilcot a few years ago and would now never stay anywhere else in Blackpool. Terry and Adrian are the perfect hosts and so welcoming, it's like staying with friends. The rooms are clean, comfortable and equipped with everything you need and the breakfast is wonderful. Hope to be back to see you soon.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2009

stayed here a few times and everytime that i stayed there Terry and Adrian made my stay a very special one. They are excellent hosts and make u feel very welcome at all times, breakfast is also very good and the place is spotless and very homely,

Will we back again here soon , and would not stay anywhere else when i get back to blackpool

well done lads , John , Ireland

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2009

From the moment we stepped in to the Wilcot, we were given a warm and friendly welcome by Terry & Adrian the owners of the hotel.
We were their to celebrate our friends birthday and Terry & Adrian really made our weekend extra special...from helping us decorate the bar with banners & balloons to having a sing a long round the piano with Adrian, nothing was to much trouble for these guys.
The rooms are clean and fresh, as is the rest of the hotel. Breakfast is freshly cooked and is served in a pleasent modern dining room. We couldn't have stayed at a better hotel. Terry and Adrian make you feel more like friends than guests and we are looking forward to our next stay.
Thanks to Terry & Adrian for a wonderful stay

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2009

iv stayed @ the wilcot hotel a few times & every time iv really enjoyed my stay fully iv booked for the whole weekend in about 2 weeks time & im sure me & my partner will enjoy our say like we always to ...terry & adrian are fantastic ....love them both ...x

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2009

I have stayed in the Wilcot a few times, and its a lovely place to stay with friends. Terry and Adrian are great hosts and make you feel extremely welcome. If I ever come up north again I know where I would want to stay!
Catherine Whistler.